Who will be the next Guts?

TerrorA

I am the Knight
The way things are shaping up (and seeing as some people get an infinite loop of pain vibe) who do you think will be the next person to follow the path of The Branded Swordsman and Skull Knight.

Isidro has the fighting skills, but Rickert has the trauma.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
1000 years separate the Skull Knight and Guts. What makes you think a successor is on the stage already? Anyway, the way things are shaping up, this is likely to be an end-of-cycle scenario. Unless you expect a sequel to Berserk?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TerrorA said:
*shudders in.....emotion*
I don't know. The prospect is both awesome and terrifying.

And completely unlikely.

IcePuck said:
The moonlight boy.
TerrorA said:
That is.....scarily plausible, seeing as he has a near exact replica of Guts first couple of days of life.

You have a vivid imagination if you think this is plausible.

Agree with Walter's first post.
TerrorA said:
... but Rickert has the trauma.

Even if he were to learn of events (of the Eclipse) he was not directly involved in, it would not compare to what other characters in the story have gone through to push him to the edge.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Agree with Walter's first post.
Even if he were to learn of events (of the Eclipse) he was not directly involved in, it would not compare to what other characters in the story have gone through to push him to the edge.

Rickert knows what happened, at least the gist of it. Guts told him in Volume 22 after Rickert demanded to know. The telling happens off-page, and Puck comments on it. And indeed, he didn't choose revenge, like Guts said. Rickert coped with their loss in another way, even though at the time he didn't know the specifics of how they died.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TerrorA said:
The way things are shaping up (and seeing as some people get an infinite loop of pain vibe) who do you think will be the next person to follow the path of The Branded Swordsman and Skull Knight.

Isidro has the fighting skills, but Rickert has the trauma.

Walter is right of course.

I'm sorry to say, but what's the point of this question? I really doubt that Guts will end up failing. And how do we define his "path" anyway? Because if it's opposing the God Hand and apostles, then he already has others with him who are likely to follow his lead in that direction. If being branded is a requirement, then it'll have to be Casca. And about Rickert, he renounced Guts' way of life years ago, and his skills could never compare to his in the first place.

Top Bottom