Volume 37 - Page 102 - print issues?

Hi there,

I just noticed something in my volume 37 by dark horse.

There is a light, or something, at the right edge of page 102. I do not remember this being in the magazine episode.

I scanned that page and uploaded only part of it, so you can see what I mean:

It shouldn't be the barrier which Farnese put up...

Could anyone take a look in their japanese and/or dark horse copy and see if its there? Might be a print issue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I can confirm that it isn't present in the Japanese volume. Definitely a printing problem.

Aazealh said:
Hi,

I can confirm that it isn't present in the Japanese volume. Definitely a printing problem.
Thanks Aazealh, gonna talk with my trusted book store :)

Edit: or maybe just ignore it. The volume looks good othervise. Yea not gonna bother them with just a page having a minor issue. Important thing is I know its nothing important.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's actually a little more interesting than a printing problem (only a little though...). Comparing the original Young Animal episode to the Japanese volume, and then to Dark Horse's edition, it's clear that the Japanese volume cropped out a portion of the image, amounting to about 2-3 centimeters on the extreme right side of the page. The image is slightly more narrow as a result (a larger white margin on the left side compensates for it. I'd guess this was all done to remove what was either an incomplete portion of the night sky or the source of Miura's art was badly scanned.

ya371.jpg

Young Animal Edition of Episode 331

jap371.jpg

Japanese Edition of Volume 37

dh371.jpg

Dark Horse Edition of Volume 37
The Dark Horse edition has this portion, likely because it was in the source and they weren't informed of any special instructions to crop it out.

Just goes to show you, the Japanese volumes are the most authoritative editions of the series.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice sleuthing work there man! Although, the "damaged" part in the Dark Horse volume also covers some of the non-cropped art that was included in the Japanese volume, so I wonder if the two events aren't unrelated. I seem to remember noticing other occurrences of the Japanese volumes cropping pages a bit compared to the Young Animal issues (for no apparent reason).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nildin said:
I got curious and thats how it looks like in the german edition

Hahaha, all of them differ from the others so far. A real lesson in consistency. :ganishka:

Top Bottom