Price checks and yahoo auctions payment method: paypal or bank wire?

Ahmetal

God hand help us
I'm looking at some statues on yahoo auctions and curious if the prices seem reasonable. Around 100,000 yen for guts 2010 black and around 220,000 yen for the last version 20th anniversary guts. I think these are my best bets. Just thought I'd ask here first.

I'm also wondering if anyone has dealt with/paid a broker with bank wire transfer. Am I crazy/stupid to consider wiring such a huge amount? It's cheaper than what paypal charges to wire the money. I met my guy through ebay. I bought a Casca figma and he upgraded my shipping to EMS free of charge and offered his services for any other items. So I looked on yahoo auctions and asked him for help. Everything seems legit but I would like to hear some other thoughts and experiences. He says he's been dealing with yahoo auctions for almost a decade and that his buyers prefer wire due to cost effectiveness. But he says paypal is safest for customer.

Paypal will allow you to protect your payment and investment. I'd recommend going through Paypal but at the end of the day, it is your decision. This proxy (broker) might tell you that a majority of his customers prefer wires but what evidence do you have that there's any truth to that claim? Also remember, you've only had 1 transaction with the person and you would be trusting him with thousands of dollars because he upgraded shipping on your one and only order with his store.

Those prices may vary though, it would depend on the auction. Last month a 20th Anniversary Last Repaint statue went for $1875 + fees through a sale from a member on this forum.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Thanks for the response. Great reasoning. If I do go for the auction I will seek the paypal route. Though he wrote up an agreement to protect himself for payment via paypal. He seems pretty worried about the transaction as well.

I also like the idea of waiting for one to go up for sale here...I'd be honored to buy a statue from a fellow member.

a bit pricy on both statues... ....i believe you can get 2010 blk for 900$ and 1500~1800 for the 20th. last ver. Not from me through as im keeping mine 20th last ver. till i die. Which will be another 60 years.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
I took the plunge. Risked the wire. We won the auctions. Now to see what :idea: has in store for me. I hope to update with pics of statues in perfect condition.

Ahmetal said:
I took the plunge. Risked the wire. We won the auctions. Now to see what :idea: has in store for me. I hope to update with pics of statues in perfect condition.
Well done i lost this time but i'm ready for next...and hope not against you... it was too much for me :troll:

today i won my 20th anniversary the last repainting version on yahoo auctions;i'm happy but it was brutal..104 bids guys amazing!!my biggest opponent was on since the begining and at 200 000yens we were head to head it was madness-mod every 10 seconds bid...This time i won :guts:

Top Bottom