About Luca's troupe...

I was thinking last times about Luca's troup of travelling prostitutes, especially from the times of Tower of Conviction - do you guys also think that most of them was... um... like VERY underaged? To be honest, only Luca and that blonde girl with strange brows looked adult (about 16 I think), while Nina about 14, and two other girls (Pepe and that black-haired babyface girl) looked barely in their teens. I didn't set this topic to wonder, how it's possible, that barely teenage girls work as prostitutes (I'm aware that it was hard to survive during the pestilence and famine, so they could catch every oportunity to make their living), but I want to ask if it's true, or just my misunderstanding. Firstly I thought that Nina is just short person, so as Pepe, but than I realize that no adult woman in the manga was that short (even petite Charlotte).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
While they're all young, I never got the impression that any of them were underage. Their characters just don't look that way. Compare Schierke, Isma or Erica to Nina and I think the difference will be plain to see.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Also remember times have been hard for everyone for years and that affects height, etc. Charlotte may be petite but I guarantee you she'd been eating lots of healthy meals her whole life and had not dealt with much stress until - well, you know.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
Also remember times have been hard for everyone for years and that affects height, etc. Charlotte may be petite but I guarantee you she'd been eating lots of healthy meals her whole life and had not dealt with much stress until - well, you know.

Nina's not even that short anyway. I mean she is short, but not exceptionally so. She's a good head taller than Isidro.

adulthood came much quicker during the medieval times then it does now. Teenagers were pretty much fully grown adults. I think if you reached 30 you were considered middle age back then? It doesn't surprise me that Luca's troupe look very young. They were probably orphans and had no choice but to become whores to support themselves.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Patou244 said:
adulthood came much quicker during the medieval times then it does now. Teenagers were pretty much fully grown adults. I think if you reached 30 you were considered middle age back then?

That's not exactly true. A lot of people died from diseases, infections, infant mortality, etc. so the average lifespan appears smaller. In reality, it was common for healthy people to live into their seventies and eighties.

To illustrate how misleading statistics can be: the average human has one fallopian tube and one testicle.

Luca is possiably the best female character in the series. I really liked her character, and I got the impression that she was only slightly older than the other prostitutes. They all look old enough to give birth. And Nina didn't seem like she was that much older than the other girls.

Charlotte may be petite but I guarantee you she'd been eating lots of healthy meals her whole life and had not dealt with much stress until - well, you know.

I would not say that being a noble/royal birth granted you a peaceful stress free life style. Look at the pressure Adonis was under by his father Julius. I would imagine that Charlotte had quite a bit of pressure on her from an early age to fullfill her own obligations brought on by her status.

Top Bottom