Guts statue - Max Factory

Have you guys seen this ?

231345.jpg

Steffykin1404663096.jpeg

Max factory just showed a Guts Statue. To me it looks like a scene from the Lost Children Arc.
Not to much info, I'll wait for more, if the moderators want , they can format this topic better.
Just wanted to share with you guys. I thought it looked awesome, and I enjoy PVC statues.

Thanks for posting this Sankari! First impression is that the pose is really superhero-esque, but I don't mind it. I like the fact that it's dynamic and unique to the Guts statues we've seen before. I'm diggin the details on the base too. The face is okay, but still better than AOW! Any comment on the scale, Sankari?

I love this! It looks absolutely fantastic and I wish there were more photos...I'm really enjoying the face sculpt, and the pose is very dynamic, just like Guts himself.
Very nice! I would love to get my hands on one!! :guts:

I need to see the face, the scale, the production number and the material of making(hopefully not PVC) to decide better if this piece is worth buying.

Not yet any word on the scale, but based on other figures on the same show, I'd say its about 40 - 50cm (height) its just a guess - theres a guy standing next to it in one of the pics and you can tell its quite big.

I'm excited that more companies are releasing quality Berserk figures and statues. Breaks the monopoly and gives us more freedom of choice. I'm digging it.

If I hear any news I'll update it

Saw it at Anime Expo this past weekend. It seemed pretty huge, but that might have been due to the size of the Dragon Slayer and the cape. I got a couple of cell phone pics but it doesn't do the figure any sort of justice. Everybody in line at the Good Smile Company booth took pictures of it and heard quite a few amusing remarks, specifically, "Ugh, that's too gory for me!"

guts face is looking even worse than AOW... ... What is that a young man in his early 20s? He should look much more mature/less anime like.

Other than that a good piece indeed.

andrewdsz said:
guts face is looking even worse than AOW... ... What is that a young man in his early 20s? He should look much more mature/less anime like.

Other than that a good piece indeed.

I disagree, this might be the best face I've seen on a statue so far. Also, Guts is a young man in his early 20s.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
andrewdsz said:
guts face is looking even worse than AOW... ...
Whoa. Are we looking at the same statue? :isidro:
andrewdsz said:
What is that a young man in his early 20s?
Yes? :guts:
andrewdsz said:
He should look much more mature/less anime like.
It looks like the creators of this statue heavily referenced images of Guts circa volumes 14-17, so yeah, his face is proportioned a little differently compared to recent volumes. Considering the popularity of that section of the manga, I think they made a good choice.

Anyway, don't think I'm trying to convince you to hold a different opinion. If you don't want it, then more for me! :ubik:

Ahmetal

God hand help us
andrewdsz said:
guts face is looking even worse than AOW...

Agreed. Why can't anyone get the face right? Would Sideshow do a decent job?

This is definitely one of the better I've seen but guts always seems a bit off In the face. I have gotten used to AOW's slightly-off and inconsistent face sculpts so it doesn't bother me as much these days.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
andrewdsz said:
Rupert Sinclair said:
I disagree, this might be the best face I've seen on a statue so far.
Grail said:
Whoa. Are we looking at the same statue? :isidro:
The litmus test for me when it comes to statues and poses is: have we seen Guts do this/express this before in the series? The pose is original, but the face resembles expressions he made during his Black Swordsman days, but I dunno, it is a little odd-looking to me. Probably because it's going for a stylistic expression rather than a realistic one, and that's not something I'm used to in Berserk statues. At least it's a more interesting statue than those AoW has put out in a while.

And yes, as has been said before me, Guts is about 22-23 years old, judging by our timeline plus Miura's confirmation in our interview with him on the passage of time since the last time lapse.

I find this is a very accurate rage face from the blackswordsman arc, Miura's style used to be different then, and I enjoy it. Its not as developed as the later designs , but earlier we had a lot of those angry /sadist faces.

Guts_slasher_smile_7502.jpg

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
:isidro:

Wow, this is awesome! If I wasn't a broke grad student I'd be on the look out for this. Maybe I'll start saving my pennies, just in case...

I'm really glad to see someone else other than AoW jumping into the statue business. Hopefully they'll either produce more quality statues, or force AoW to step up their game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
andrewdsz said:

That face isn't perfect, but it's much better than anything AoW's ever produced.

Walter said:
The litmus test for me when it comes to statues and poses is: have we seen Guts do this/express this before in the series? The pose is original, but the face resembles expressions he made during his Black Swordsman days

To this day, even in volume 37 as he faces the Sea God's heart, Guts bares his teeth while he swings his sword. Beyond that fact, I think that given the history of faces on Guts' statues, people should really be a lot more lenient towards this piece.

Guts-teeth.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
To this day, even in volume 37 as he faces the Sea God's heart, Guts bares his teeth while he swings his sword. Beyond that fact, I think that given the history of faces on Guts' statues, people should really be a lot more lenient towards this piece.
I was referring to his eye, and the tiny pupil. It's like the one Sankari showed above. Also, his grin is a bit more deranged than then one you referenced. I'd rather not get sidetracked on this though... I think it's interesting, like I said. And certainly a cut above AoW.

to me it seems a very good head sculpt, maybe not 100% perfect but I see a certain amount of commitment and attention to details, something that AoW often (or always?) misses when it comes to arguing about Guts's face. AoW often misses even the shape of the ears...

KzP9Iwk.jpg

Zoddit said:
to me it seems a very good head sculpt, maybe not 100% perfect but I see a certain amount of commitment and attention to details, something that AoW often (or always?) misses when it comes to arguing about Guts's face. AoW often misses even the shape of the ears...

They've admitted that they're not capable of delivering a good headsculpt, so its game on for other companies to improve and show us a better/cheaper product.

Maybe that will show them to try and adapt ?

Man I love this statue. Thanks for posting it, that's so cool. I've been looking for a black swordsman for a while now. I think the face looks great, I don't mind a manga-style, because.. doesn't that make sense?

I tell ya, this pose shows off a more dynamic pose than the SPINNING CANON SLICE.

Top Bottom