Guts statue - Max Factory

THE FACE THE FACE THE FACE :isidro:

Fiiiiiiiiiiinaaaaallyyyyyyyy! :guts:

The pose though, as mentioned above, bit too hero style there, but that clear sense of dynamic we've never seen from AOW heavily outweighs that fact, so this is totally worth getting imo, cause Im pretty sure it wont be an AOW price.

Im trying to imagine the AOW people's faces upon seeing this piece :ganishka:

As you guys already said, Its not perfect but this opens a door to so many possibilities and so much potential, thats rathar the reason for my positive reaction to those images.

Does anyone know when the release date will be? Maybe a price point?
I think this piece does look great, but the only thing that worries me:
1) talking about sideshow and PVC- looks to smooth or machine made. I have owned few from side show in the star wars collection. Looks good for the price, but gives a feel of if I purchased a toy figure at Walmart which was mass produced(subtracting the massive size side show produces)
2) with AOW; yes we all have our issues with them, but I do like the heavy polystone and hand painted detailed art work. To me it gives a feel of an art piece, a more mature collectible.

At the end of the day, my opinion is solely drawn from the three picture in this post. So who knows, might be amazing.

**dont get me wrong-piece I believe does look really good, just worried about the overall detail if it has a machine look and if it has some weight to it.

knecht said:
1) talking about sideshow and PVC- looks to smooth or machine made. I have owned few from side show in the star wars collection. Looks good for the price, but gives a feel of if I purchased a toy figure at Walmart which was mass produced(subtracting the massive size side show produces)

Working at a comic book store, and having handled countless statues (majority of them being Sideshow, ranging from their Sixth Scale figures to Premium Format runs) I know that some of Sideshows "cheaper" products can be a bit underwhelming. When you get their bargain statues or figures, I find that you're more or less paying for the name of the company and license they're distributing.
I'm surrounded by statues and figures everyday, and by the initial look of things it does give the illusion of being PVC. The paint looks matte and "soft", but I'm hoping that it's just because of the way it's lit.
However, with a sculpt like that and the quality of the overall piece, I have a hard time seeing it done in PVC. Max Factory does have a habit of working in said material, but I can't see this being made with PVC.

--Though it could just be my doubts talking. I'm probably in denial.
I'm praying that it's poly stone, even if it means a higher price.

Either way, I'm getting it. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
knecht said:
I think this piece does look great, but the only thing that worries me:
2) with AOW; yes we all have our issues with them, but I do like the heavy polystone and hand painted detailed art work. To me it gives a feel of an art piece, a more mature collectible.

From the pictures shown here and my own experience with AoW's stuff, I don't find that this statue looks inferior to what AoW's released in the past in terms of paint job. Of course that's not a production model so we'll have to wait and see.

After some careful inspection on the pics I believe it is poly stone. I'm 99% sure. I've been collecting anime statues for over 10 years now and from the way the base reflecting lights and the thigh of guts, it is very likely made of resin poly stone.

PVC looks and feels cheaper than polystone, you can do nothing about that. But as long as it is well painted and assembled, it is not a big issue for me.

As far as I can see, this is an unusual product for Max Factory. However, they always use PVC for their figures and the pics above do not lead me to think otherwise. Anyhow, even if pretty far from AoW prices, this won't be so cheap. Max Factory also got high quality standards for products made of PVC. In this case, to be upbeat, I think the price will be not less than 25,000 JPY for a 1/7 scale, but much depends on actual dimensions.

For deep manufacturing comparisons with Art of War I'll wait to have this in my hands first.

I'd love to own this after a bit of a Berserk statue buying hiatus since Christmas 2012 because of AOW's unreasonable prices and bad sculpts overall.

Does having a PVC of a good representation of a character outweigh a resin of a bad representation of the character? Yes, as far as I'm concerned. In fact, a PVC will make the figure of that scale all the more affordable for fans who don't have an average of $800-$1000 to spend on a similar scale product released by AOW.

I have very decent PVC figures , in fact, I even have 1 excellent PVC figure from AoW ( femto ), and 2 nice ones ( schierke and isidro) All due respect, I find my PVC femto much more pleasant looking than some of the polystones I've seen around.
I have 4 PVC star wars statues from Kotobukiya (Vader, Fett, and 2 stormtroopers) in 1/10 scale. The PVC is durable, doesn't break when it falls ( my sister knocked my Vader from my shelf, and its still solid) , and they mostly retain their shine on PVC for much longer, because its molded in that colour.

If PVC bends, you can always use a bit of warm water or a hair drier to fix it. I have also an excellent Vinyl statue from CCP ( Zeruel, the 4th angel from Evangelion) and Its one of my favourite figures in my collection. It was cheap , its big, and its light.

to summarize - I think PVC and Vinyl can be done with perfection and excellence, nowadays we have lots of different companies offering great products, cheaper. From what has been shown, Max Factory cares about Berserk ( Griffith and Guts - Berserker Armor were perfect) - In this bigger scale, it sure looks promising.

I think people are making too much of a deal about whether or not this is PVC.

Does it look good? It sure does.
Does it look any different when you know it's PVC ? It sure doesn't, except society has taught you that "cheaper is somehow worse", so you might view it differently.

I have seen some amazing PVC figures that are better than polystone figures. proper sculptors make all the difference in the world. Just for fun, here's an upcoming PVC figure of Raiden. retail price is around 20 000 yen.

BriKVpVCEAI8Ca0.jpg:large

Here's AoW' zodd, for 3 times the price:

PH1377831852.jpg

The only thing I will say about this statue is that QA worries me. With AoW what you see is what you get, and their paint jobs are phenomenal, but I don't have any idea what max factory's QA is like.

Another thing about Max factory, let me warm you guys, they DO RE-RELEASE things when it is a hot sell. I bought their max-gokin line genesic gaogaigar original black version, the green ver. and the gold ver. back to the years. The blk ver. jumpped from 200$ to 500$, while the limited green/gold jumpped to 800/1000$. After a year they re-released the black ver, which totally kills the collector's market. I had a bad impression for max factory since then.

AOW do re-release stuffs, but mostly a re-paint, in a even more limited quantities(like 10 pieces, 20 pieces etc). On the other side Max factory just re-release exactly the same thing over again, as same ugly practices as bandai.

I hate those big companies, i used to own over 20000$ soul of chogokin figures by bandai and now i sold them all. Those big factories just re-release things any time, and does it twice sometimes.

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
Liad said:
It is worth mentioning that PVC will sag after a while, especially in thin or narrow areas. This particular scuplt doesn't seem to have any horrible problem areas, but the cloak and hilt of the DS near the base of the pommel might suffer (after years and years of course)

Looks cool, I dig it.

same pics more pixels, you can read "non scale" on the tag.

#1, #2, #3

Liad said:

Does it look good? It sure does.
Does it look any different when you know it's PVC ? It sure doesn't, except society has taught you that "cheaper is somehow worse", so you might view it differently.

I have seen some amazing PVC figures that are better than polystone figures. proper sculptors make all the difference in the world. Just for fun, here's an upcoming PVC figure of Raiden. retail price is around 20 000 yen.

I want order that Raiden by Gecco and I hope it will keep the quality of the prototype. It has not been so with Silent Hill 3 Heather Statue from the same company...
I agree with you except for one thing, I own PVC figures and I can say that no matter what society might lead me to think, PVC is worse than resin/polystone in many ways. I'm not talking about sculpt but rather of the raw material. Then if you put it only in terms of convenience, I agree and IncantatioN already said the true.

IncantatioN said:
PVC will make the figure of that scale all the more affordable for fans who don't have an average of $800-$1000 to spend on a similar scale product released by AOW.

I don't like the face. His face really does look off the book. I donno. Probably just me but he looks too anime/ boy like to be called guts. AOW's face does look off the scales but not as this much boyish as this piece.

You know what, PVC or not, this really is a kick-ass statue, and I'll be proud to add it to my collection any day! I can't afford to be picky over something as amazing as this, especially when AOW is too much money for a little ol' University student like myself, I'm almost hoping it's PVC now, just to make it cheaper!

I love it! :guts:

Jackolyn said:
You know what, PVC or not, this really is a kick-ass statue, and I'll be proud to add it to my collection any day! I can't afford to be picky over something as amazing as this, especially when AOW is too much money for a little ol' University student like myself, I'm almost hoping it's PVC now, just to make it cheaper!

:ubik:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Jackolyn said:
I'm almost hoping it's PVC now, just to make it cheaper!

I couldn't agree more. I'm very excited about it becoming available for purchase.

ZODDOII

BERSERK
That face real have different feelings,Feel like Revenge of the black swordsmen,and the apostles base is also very good,may be cheap, may be PVC because not AOW :sad: :puck:

According to a French member of Good Smile Company, the statue is 70cm tall and will cost 400€, which makes it around $540 US.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/50570314
Fast forward to 8m20s to see Guts and Femto.

Top Bottom