Void Bust

Hey all,

New to the forums... So I'm about to start work on next year's DragonCon cosplay. I'll be doing a fitted silicon mask, sculpted on a lifecast bust (shoulders up) of myself, of Void, and was wondering if there would be any interest in some resin casts of the bust. I usually use the expensive rubbers, so will the mold should have plenty of life left in it after I pull a few masks out of it. Could do pricing options for raw and painted if there's any interest?

I'll post progress pics here, and probably in creation station as well.

:void:

[edit/update] Will knock $100 off the final price point for anyone that pre-orders. Deadline Sep. 1 for pre-order.
$550 ($450 for pre-order price)

Bust will be offered in foam filled silicone painted in two different options:
Anime - Will still be detailed with the depth that silicone offers, but more of a bi-chromatic look more in tune with the anime.
Pale Flesh - More of a gory, hyper-realistic paint style reminiscent of the Hellraiser movies, with more attention to skin detail.

Available early October/late September, on a first come, first served basis. Each bust will have about a 3-4 week turn-around after that.

If you want to pre-order, contact me via pm and we can set something up. There will only be 25 of these made, and then the mold will be destroyed and recycled into other projects. The master is almost without exception destroyed in the casting process.

Price includes painted resin display stand.

[pricing updated]

Pre-orders:
DirectDK
Babaracus

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cool! If there were a place in my home where it wouldn't terrify my son and make my wife nervous, I'd probably be interested in this. But a place like that would probably end up resembling some secret altar.

Walter said:
Cool! If there were a place in my home where it wouldn't terrify my son and make my wife nervous, I'd probably be interested in this. But a place like that would probably end up resembling some secret altar.

Same thing ;)
My GF (and everyone else in my close circle) is terrified of my Berserk Collection, imagine having those grittier pieces, like a giant Void sculpt ;) I want to see how it ends up!

Totally interested, good luck with the project! My folks don't like the 3 busts I have, this may not hurt ... maybe it will :farnese:

Walter said:

Like on a shelf in your closet - that way he'd be out of sight and watching over your choice in clothing ^_~

Ok, wow! Didn't expect this many responses after my late night post. Not going to ask for money or deposits or anything until you all see the finished product. Not sure if I'll make a resin bust for myself or not yet, as I'll have a full scale Void actually in my living room after I'm done, but I'm sure you'll be able to see whether or not it's worth it from that product as well as the sculpt itself. I may offer Void's hand with the sacrificial brand symbol above it, as well, probably lit up in some way. Will probably be 6 months or so before it's finished, if not a full year, but you'll be able to see some progress none-the-less. Will be done by DragonCon 2015 for sure.

Thanks all!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kruge said:
I may offer Void's hand with the sacrificial brand symbol above it, as well, probably lit up in some way.

Don't forget all six fingers! :void:

Ok I figured I'd resurrect this thread, in case anyone doesn't cruise up to creation station. Void bust is nearing completion, and here are some sample pics of detail and form.

DSCN1124_zpspydsbqhd.jpg

DSCN1119_zpsduc3lidk.jpg

Thinking about knocking $100 off the final price point for anyone that wants to pre-order.

Bust will be offered in foam filled silicone painted in two different options:
Anime for $550 - Will still be detailed with the depth that silicone offers, but more of a bi-chromatic look more in tune with the anime.
Pale Flesh for $650 - More of a gory, hyper-realistic paint style reminiscent of the Hellraiser movies, with more attention to skin detail.

Available early October/late September, on a first come, first served basis. Each bust will have about a 3-4 week turn-around after that.

If you want to pre-order, contact me via pm and we can set something up. There will only be 25 of these made, and then the mold will be destroyed and recycled into other projects. The master is almost without exception destroyed in the casting process.

Just a reminder, pre-order price deadline is Sep. 1. Hate to be a stickler on this but supplies are expensive and I'm in the hole.

Had some delays and setbacks, so extending the deadline to until I can get some paint on at least one example, for the pre-order. Tentatively Sep. 21.

Top Bottom