Rakshas

:rakshas: Has anyone thought this character might infact be a woman? The thought crossed my mind and yes we may never see it unmasked, but I thought he might be a she. Maybe miura would pull the samus aran on us.

Definitely. Unless there's something in the original Japanese manga that definitely asserts a gender to him/her, I'd say it's quite likely Rakshas might be female, even; the whole protect Griffith / cut his head off speech sounds much more like something a crazy psychotic woman might say, as opposed to Zodd's "looking for the ultimate strong one" rationale behind following Griffith, for examble - übermasculine stuff. There are also no other women among the Falcons' generals, so it would make sense from that point of view.

PS. I'm certain I've seen some compromising pictures of Rakshas... On this very forum.....!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IcePuck said:
I'd say it's quite likely Rakshas might be female, even

Since we're basing our assertions off of a LACK of information rather than any, I'd like to counter this by saying maybe Rakshas is a hermit crab.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bandofthehawk said:
:rakshas: Has anyone thought this character might infact be a woman? The thought crossed my mind and yes we may never see it unmasked, but I thought he might be a she. Maybe miura would pull the samus aran on us.

Yeah, people have thought about it. The way the character speaks in Japanese makes it unlikely, though.

IcePuck said:
the whole protect Griffith / cut his head off speech sounds much more like something a crazy psychotic woman might say

As opposed to what a crazy psychotic man would say? I don't think you have a point.

I wasn't trying to say "Rakshas is probably a chick" so much as "It wouldn't be surprising [to me] if Rakshas was female". His character is very gender-neutral, rather than masculine like someone such as Zodd, or Grunbeld, or Locus. (Even if we ever only saw Zodd in his apostle form, I don't think there would be any reason to think he could be female. :zodd:)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IcePuck said:
I wasn't trying to say "Rakshas is probably a chick" so much as "It wouldn't be surprising [to me] if Rakshas was female". His character is very gender-neutral, rather than masculine like someone such as Zodd, or Grunbeld, or Locus. (Even if we ever only saw Zodd in his apostle form, I don't think there would be any reason to think he could be female. :zodd:)

Guys never have feminine traits and women never have masculine traits. Got it. :schierke:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Everyone talks about how beautiful Griffith is and his platinum locks are awfully feminine...maybe... No... Do you think he gender swapped during the incarnation ceremony?! :troll:

Based on my limited knowledge of Japanese there aren't gender differences in the written language, so it's not always easy to tell when someone is male or female, however, the manner in which people speak is the context in which gender is ascertained.

I remember it was very common for the Japanese exchange students to make fun of the way all of us guys in our Japanese class spoke. Our professor was female, and additionally she thought it best to teach us to speak formally, which is evidently a quality more typical of women in Japan, especially when used in informal situations.

All of this to say, I think we can assume, based on the way that Rakshas speaks, he is male, though I guess it's not completely out of the realm of possibility he is really a she.

Top Bottom