How much do you pay when you import a statue?

Well to be a french berserk fan is not easy you know for only one reason:taxes :isidro:
For example i bought guts&casca from Bains1989 and my lovely customs killed me with a magnificent headshot like in FPS game lol i'm joking now but my package was blocked in Paris during one week!! i was crazy but finally i received it Friday morning...Good, postman said what is it for 157E(customs due),it's light,medium box(Thanks again Bains)my mom answered(i worked) it's just a small statue lol :slan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Off the top of my head, VAT is calculated according to the declared price of the package (both item and the packaging itself). Whether it's big or small is irrelevant.

Aazealh said:
Off the top of my head, VAT is calculated according to the declared price of the package (both item and the packaging itself). Whether it's big or small is irrelevant.

yep thats why i always ask the seller to declare a low value, or when i sell statues to anyone i always double to triple check how much they want me to declare :void:

when i get statues or usually anything thats over $50ish dollars customs usually dings me about 18%-20% of the decalred value

Hey bro,

As i said to you on our last meet, taxes are calculated like that :

(shipping cost + item value) x 1,25 + file fee

You will pay 25% for : VTA (20%) + 'frais de dedouanement'

File fee = frais de dossier : for example, if you buy an item bu EMS, Chronopost will automatically add 30€ when they redirected your package to the custom office.

Hope it s clear for you :slan:

Hi my friend :guts: sure it's clear for me,i know the "rules" but God Hand cries lol :magni: it was brutal... i would like to know how it is for the others,US,Asia... :???:

Here in Brazil you pay 60% import tax on any imports ( except books and printed matter)
+ 25% service tax in some states
+ 7 USD to pick it up at the post office.

Sometimes its even more than that, because custom workers can tax for how much they feel its worth. I've had one cheap Evangelion figure (that cost me USD 8) taxed at 600% , obviously I didn't pick it up, I just resigned and said I didn't want the item anymore.

So what we have to do , most of the time, is work out with the sellers to declare a cheaper value ,because even if they tax the 60% , its not going to be 60% of a $1000 .

Its the only way we have here to continue collecting =/

Our customs and our laws are very old and they don't work anymore in a globalized world.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
I could import thousands $ in airplane parts from France to the US without paying import taxes. I feel lucky. When I was in Turkey however, I was scared to have any thing sent to me. I hate all Turkish customs officials. Smug, Dick-scratching thieves.

This thread depresses me. Fuck customs. I feel for all you collectors that have to pay duty. So brutal...

Nowadays, customs is what mostly keeps me from buying stuff. The risk of having your item stolen/broken
or then , being charged 400% on something because some custom official decided he had a bad day.
Thats why i'm exchanging quantity for quality. I decided to have less things, but better ones.
So each decision is much more planned. If there is something that I really want, I try to make sure that I have at least the same amount to pay for taxes.

Sankari said:
Nowadays, customs is what mostly keeps me from buying stuff. The risk of having your item stolen/broken
or then , being charged 400% on something because some custom official decided he had a bad day.
Thats why i'm exchanging quantity for quality. I decided to have less things, but better ones.
So each decision is much more planned. If there is something that I really want, I try to make sure that I have at least the same amount to pay for taxes.
Exactly sir quality not quantity :ubik: we must calculate the final price to avoid a bad surprise :isidro:

Top Bottom