No Revenge on the King of Midland

I don't understand why Griffith/Femto did not take any revenge on the King of Midland, who had ordered him to
be imprisoned at tortured-one year long !

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Spearman said:
I don't understand why Griffith/Femto did not take any revenge on the King of Midland, who had ordered him to
be imprisoned at tortured-one year long !

How did you interpret the king's vision of the Falcon of Light clutching Charlotte just before he died in volume 17?

Just one "Fuck you !" as revenge for one year of the most cruel torture ?!
On other hand Femto and his "colleagues" may have no significant power in the material world-except for extraordinary events like the Eclipse.

He never really had a grudge against the king, though. He resented Guts for everything that happened. Furthermore, the king was in a pretty pitiful state entirely by himself... What kind of elaborate revenge would Femto have taken?

He resented Guts for everything that happened.

Not for his fall and imprisonment.
However, the (bisexual) Griffith was jealous of Guts-for having left him (as woman) and for having the love affair with Casca (as man).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Spearman said:
Just one "Fuck you !" as revenge for one year of the most cruel torture ?!

The king died while seeing the most precious thing in his life willingly taken by the Falcon of Light. I'd say that's pretty damn good, especially since he'd lived like a shadow of his former self ever since that original incident. Besides, Femto had better things to do than try to enact some tortuous vengeance on every single person that wronged him, especially since he was armed with the knowledge that breaking him as a human was necessary for him to become what he was destined to be.

Spearman said:
On other hand Femto and his "colleagues" may have no significant power in the material world-except for extraordinary events like the Eclipse.

Well yeah, obviously. That was the whole point of the Incarnation ceremony and of bringing forth Fantasia.

Spearman said:
Not for his fall and imprisonment.

He most definitely resented Guts for his fall and imprisonment... We actually get to read his thoughts on the subject.

Spearman said:
However, the (bisexual) Griffith was jealous of Guts-for having left him (as woman) and for having the love affair with Casca (as man).

:ganishka: I don't think you understand that part of the story.

He most definitely resented Guts for his fall and imprisonment...

Did you understand this part of a story ?
The imprisoned and tortured Griffith thinks about Guts with yearning and desire rather than with revenge feeling !

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Spearman said:
Did you understand this part of a story ?
The imprisoned and tortured Griffith thinks about Guts with yearning and desire rather than with revenge feeling !

Given how confused you are, you should probably not try to be a smartass about this. The dialogue in those scenes speaks for itself, and Griffith is clearly not yearning for Guts with sexual desire as you seem to be implying. Griffith definitely blamed Guts for what happened to him, ask anyone here and they'll tell you. The first thing Griffith did when Guts came to rescue him was to grab his throat.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Spearman said:

You're simply mistaken, or at least are focusing only on certain panels while ignoring others. While imprisoned (Vol 10) Griffith does ruminate that he was surprised Guts became such a powerful fixation of his, so much that it caused him to lose sight of his dream and falter along his path. But it's certainly not something he cherishes. He blames this fixation as a weakness of his.

I don't know how you can not understand that, and yet grasp Griffith's reasoning for his decision at the eclipse.

Top Bottom