Episode 337

Title: 別離の橋 - The Bridge of Separation​

Episode #337 will be not published in Young Animal #18 (12/09). So if there really is an episode in september, it will be in #19 (26/09).

New episode drops in less than a month, pretty excited.

It just struck me that the timing of the episode is perfect, aligned with the 25th anniversary of Berserk! Do you think YA will include something special to celebrate like they did when they published episode 307?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
It just struck me that the timing of the episode is perfect, aligned with the 25th anniversary of Berserk! Do you think YA will include something special to celebrate like they did when they published episode 307?

If so I would expect them to market it in advance.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
It just struck me that the timing of the episode is perfect, aligned with the 25th anniversary of Berserk!

As far as I know, October is the true 25th anniversary of Berserk. The first issue of Berserk was published in the October (#10) edition of Animal House in 1989. I suppose it's possible the October issue came out in September, but I have no way of knowing the actual street date for it, so I go by what's on the cover.

It's been on my radar for a while, back when I was creating new content for the Encyclopedia. I was trying to organize something for it. Maybe more on that later...

Do you think YA will include something special to celebrate like they did when they published episode 307?

That'd be cool, but I think we'd have gotten notice of it by now if that were the case, like they did back for the 20th. That was a big to-do. But this time, all I'm expecting is maybe a mention by Miura in his comment.

PS: Why is there already a 337 thead...? Does anyone else think that's weird?

Thanks for clearing that up guys. It's just one of those dates I remembered from viewing the 20th anniversary topic when I was new to the board. So it struck me when I checked this topic and saw the release date that almost coincided with the one for the 20th.

Walter said:
PS: Why is there already a 337 thead...? Does anyone else think that's weird?

Could be a good sign in terms of popularity for the series, in the sense, the more the popular a series is the sooner people find out when or what's in the next update, etc. I felt those previews for 336 came out much sooner than ones from recent history, but I could be wrong about that.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
I just found this:

9dxPjtV.jpg

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Walter said:
How typical... people are more interested in the date of the next episode than its actual content.
Well, that's not my case, i posted this just 'cause I found only this :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
RaffoBaffo said:
Well, that's not my case, i posted this just 'cause I found only this :SK:

I didn't mean you specifically. It's a trend of the people with advanced knowledge of the episodes. We just get the date and little more.

Unfortunately this image is pretty worthless by itself. The italicized text at the end of the episodes is written by the publisher, not Miura. So it's rarely of any story value.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Unfortunately this image is pretty worthless by itself. The italicized text at the end of the episodes is written by the publisher, not Miura. So it's rarely of any story value.

I think in this specific case the guy meant it to be a teaser though. The text says that Rickert bravely spoke his mind to the absolute ruler. He was a real man, he didn't bend down.

So it's as it should be: in spite of Locus' little intimidation show and of what he has to lose (Erica...), Rickert stayed true to himself.

P.S. An observation from that picture: what kind of structure is he standing on? Are those blossoms falling? Could it be a branch (of a branch of a branch) of the world spiral tree? The text also says that Griffith masters even plants.

Oburi

All praise Grail
The world spiral tree must connect directly into Griffiths Kingdom somewhere. Easy access for when The Moonlight Boy travels around. Possibly giving Gut's a way in IF he can find a way to use it.

I'm getting way carried away here.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I think in this specific case the guy meant it to be a teaser though. The text says that Rickert bravely spoke his mind to the absolute ruler. He was a real man, he didn't bend down.

Sheesh... The one time that text actually ends up being meaningful, and I call it out. :farnese:

Well, this is a fantastic development, and honestly not one I completely expected. I figured Rickert would be silently critical. It's great to hear that he didn't back down despite the spectacle of Falconia. What a cool kid, growing up in the shadow of personalities like Guts and Griffith, yet in the end forging his own path.

I wonder if Rickert will end up asking him a pointed question? This is exciting stuff!

The text also says that Griffith masters even plants.
:magni: @=>>=========

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Crap! My week is gonna long to pass knowing there's a great episode coming. I might be totally off track since I can't check my episodes right now, but did Rickert had this "little bandage" or wtv you want to call it on his legs last time? I know it's a pointless question on details but I got curious... Enough rambling let's go back to waiting patiently for a new episode of my bible. (re-reading it these days too. vol 6 woot! woot!)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
I might be totally off track since I can't check my episodes right now, but did Rickert had this "little bandage" or wtv you want to call it on his legs last time?

Yes he did. It's part of his clothing.

Thanks for the preview Raffo and that translation, Aaz.

It'll be a little over 150 episodes since Griffith and Rickert shared the same space (!) and based on that preview, we have a general idea of the direction of his reply to Griffith's invitation to join him back. Few more days till we get to read the complete conversation, GODDAMNIT. It'll be hard to predict what Griffith's reaction would be without knowing the full context but assuming Rickert sees through him and refuses to join, think Griffith isn't going to care and leave him alone (because he's a mere human with no real threat to him acting alone or perhaps there's a little sense of nostalgia associated with him being a living member the original band of the hawk) or he could kill him off? I don't see Griffith killing him, it'as just a thought that came to me ... it'll take away from/ question his 'good' image in the eyes of Raban or Owen who Rickert's interacted with thus far.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Rickert is less of a threat than Guts (who Femto hasn't bothered with since his incarnation, aside from his conversation with him on the Hill of Swords), so I think Femto will leave him alone.

I can't wait to read this episode.

Wow nice preview. I wonder what those blossoms are, or maybe it's pieces of paper from that letter he was given. Maybe he destroyed it. I really want to see Rickert stand up to his principles and not join the new band of the Hawk.

Top Bottom