Author Topic: Episode 337  (Read 93153 times)

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Re: Episode 337
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2014, 07:17:06 PM »
Episode title is "The Bridge of Separation".

Looks like Sonia is criticizing Charlotte's cooking (or tea?) again, much to the chagrin of Mule.

Yep, she's picking on everything.

My unauthoritative take on what Rickert says to him: You're the leader of the Falcons, not the Falcon of Light.

He tells him that the leader (of the Band of the Falcon) isn't the Falcon of Light. Depending on the other panels, "leader" could be meant in that sentence as a replacement for "you", as in "you aren't the Falcon of Light".

Offline Salem

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
Oh my goodness.  The bitch slap we've all been waiting for.  Wonder of at the end griff turns ol' ricky to mush.   Jk, but how exciting! !

Offline XionHorsey

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2014, 07:49:25 PM »
Wonder of at the end griff turns ol' ricky to mush.

I seriously doubt it. People keep talking about Rickert being killed, but I don't see it. There's no good reason to kill him.

Offline Jaze1618

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
But.. but.. but.. he's less a man and more a magnificient painting, never to be touched.  :femto:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »
But.. but.. but.. he's less a man and more a magnificient painting, never to be touched.  :femto:

I hope poor Ganishka could see it from wherever he is now.

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »
Holy crap! (See what I did there?) I was expecting harsh words from Rickert, but I never expected him to slap Femto. I wouldn't be surprised if the panels after the slap in the preview don't take place beforehand. What could a slap possibly do to a member of the God Hand? I can't imagine Femto giving two shits about it, so his neutral expression makes sense.

"The leader of the Band (of the Falcon) isn't the Falcon of Light." Wow. The pain in Rickert's face is heartbreaking. I can't wait to see the rest of the episode.

Offline Jaze1618

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2014, 09:08:33 PM »
OMG, just imagine if Femto gave Rickert a throwback to that same bloody lipped, sociopathic grin,  that Griffith gave count Julius after his smack to the face in the beginning of volume 6.

Offline + _I-WENT-BERSERK _+

• Of the World
  • Just call me Eri...
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2014, 09:13:07 PM »
I haven't read  Ep. 336 yet, but Rickert...your ARE the man. And I'll also pitch in my dose of "Holy shit!!" but best news I've heard all day. Though, I am curious for Erica at that point and what will happen next? :???:

I also thought of this when I saw Rickert giving Griffith the Divine Bitchslap. Couldn't resist! XD

"My love for you...is like a truck. Berserkerrr!!"

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2014, 09:24:16 PM »
Now will the slap come first in the conversation and then some explaining? Or explanations followed by and uncontrollable slap?! This is exciting!

I'm guessing Rickert is going to try to appeal to Griffith's humanity and it's going to be more of Griff's cold tone deaf bullshit about their dream and being the falcon blah blah blah that brings on the slap. Think back to when he told Guts that standing on what amounted to the Falcons' graves was an appropriate reunion. This could be Rickert's, "Never say that name again!" moment.

Yeah, that's kind of interesting, actually. You'd think that despite the proximity Rickert would pull a Revenge of the Nerds style high five miss and spin around onto his ass. Maybe that's not an impact but a tiny air explosion off Griffith's cheek ever so slightly deflecting the would-be blow. Nah. =)

I hope poor Ganishka could see it from wherever he is now.

If only :guts: could see it (<-- pretty sure he'd look like that =).

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2014, 09:51:27 PM »
I'm guessing Rickert is going to try to appeal to Griffith's humanity and it's going to be more of Griff's cold tone deaf bullshit about their dream and being the falcon blah blah blah that brings on the slap. Think back to when he told Guts that standing on what amounted to the Falcons' graves was an appropriate reunion. This could be Rickert's, "Never say that name again!" moment.

Yes I'm quite sure he's gonna use a speech of that kind. "like I told you on the hill of swords, I'm just chasing the dream. bla bla bla."

We'll see soon enough how it turns out.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2014, 11:20:54 PM »
Episode title is "The Bridge of Separation."

Ominous. Could be that the major action happens on the bridge, or maybe it's allegorical?

He tells him that the leader (of the Band of the Falcon) isn't the Falcon of Light. Depending on the other panels, "leader" could be meant in that sentence as a replacement for "you", as in "you aren't the Falcon of Light".

While we don't have the full context yet, this is one of the more heartbreaking moments in recent memory for me, when you consider the meaning behind these words. He's lamenting the loss of his old leader, who got caught up in something bigger than humans. The old Griffith is truly gone.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Mr. Waffles

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2014, 11:29:37 PM »
Quote from: Mangetsu on Today at 05:56:34 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Quote from: Rupert Sinclair on Today at 06:02:26 PM

Holy shit.

Quote from: m on Today at 06:10:44 PM

There really is no other way of putting it: Holy Shit!  :isidro:

Quote from: Walter on Today at 06:43:52 PM

My reaction: HOLY SHIT!  :isidro:

Quote from: Griffith on Today at 07:02:05 PM

Just to add to the consensus I literally involuntarily exclaimed, "Holy shit!" when I saw that, and I'm at work. Go Rickert!

Divine fornicating excrement!

Offline Scorpio

• Of the Interstice
  • Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2014, 11:32:03 PM »
So we can continue keeping an accurate tally- I too exclaimed Holy Shit! Just, wow.

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
This is the first time we've seen Griffith incarnate allow a blow against himself. That slap (for what its worth) is more than Guts or anybody has been able to get.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2014, 11:49:12 PM »
This is the first time we've seen Griffith incarnate allow a blow against himself. That slap (for what its worth) is more than Guts or anybody has been able to get.

Of course that's true, but this is hardly a combat scenario.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Online jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2014, 12:01:03 AM »
Of course that's true, but this is hardly a combat scenario.

That would have indeed been strange if Rickert's slap had miss due to Griffith's power as with the arrows in vol. 22

ps: I also think Griffith is allowing Rickert that slap in some way. As in a fake "I deserved it but I still don't care..." might be wrong on that assumption though.

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2014, 12:29:41 AM »
Rickert's eyes are so full of emotion in that close-up shot.  Miura truly is a master of his craft.

I can't remember the last time I wanted something as badly as I want to see Griffith's reaction to the slap.

Online Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2014, 12:32:30 AM »
Quote from: Rickert

Offline Delta Phi

• Sylph Sword
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
  • Grail Serpico!
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2014, 12:43:06 AM »
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

That's the best thing I've ever seen, in the series and in my life.  Holy shit.

There really is no other way of putting it: Holy Shit!  :isidro: I can't wait to see the full episode.

My reaction: HOLY SHIT!  :isidro:

Just to add to the consensus I literally involuntarily exclaimed, "Holy shit!" when I saw that, and I'm at work. Go Rickert!

Holy crap! (See what I did there?)

So we can continue keeping an accurate tally- I too exclaimed Holy Shit! Just, wow.

First, I audibly gasped (don't remember the last time I did thatů), and then I uttered "Holy shit". So add me to the tally.

Ho-ly shit. I cannot wait for this episode.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 12:50:28 AM »
Didn't expect it to get physical, WHAT A MOMENT! Thanks for the preview and translations, guys. It'll be interesting to see if they were alone when it happens or there's a witness to it. Also, you think Griffith allowed himself to get slapped ... cos he could have stopped Rickert's hand or something, I think.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline DragonSlayer24

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2014, 03:23:23 AM »
Divine bitchslap! My man Rickert standing up for himself, hell yes! :guts:

Offline Nymoath

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2014, 03:25:43 AM »
 :isidro: :isidro: Holy [whatever that four-letter word is]!

This is more than epic!

Offline Maxwell

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2014, 03:51:59 AM »
Absolutely fantastic, i wasn't expecting that to happen. Thinking back to how Rickert was just a small boy when Guts first joined the Band of The Falcon to now slapping Griffith, the Falcon of Light, the absolute ruler. So awesome yet so sad.. what a panel. :ubik:

I also can't wait to see what that possible garden around them looks like.  :???:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2014, 07:37:20 AM »
Ominous. Could be that the major action happens on the bridge, or maybe it's allegorical?

Looks like it's set on a little bridge over a stream in the garden.

I also think Griffith is allowing Rickert that slap in some way.

Of course.

Thinking back to how Rickert was just a small boy when Guts first joined the Band of The Falcon to now slapping Griffith, the Falcon of Light, the absolute ruler.

It's because he's known him since he was a boy that he could react like that. That's why it makes sense.

Offline ryOtoha

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »
I suppose Griffith allowing this, there's no chance, somebody (or something) will know this ever happen and that's also why this particular moment will remain a major event. I'm very eager to know where exactly it took place.

But what if Rakshas or another being witnessed the (legendary) slap ? What can it trigger except the obvious ?