Does anyone have a Y!JA membership?

Ahmetal

God hand help us
I found zodd and wyald on Y!JA and it seems the seller ships internationally. I tried to create a profile but the image of the word in a box at the end is not in English and I can't figure out how to read it let alone type it. Should I not even bother and see if I can get a proxy to do the transaction?

I have used Celga.com for quite a bit, and it's a great proxy. I pay roughly 30$ in proxy payment, and that's a price i'm willing to pay to avoid all the hassle.

I have a contact in Japan that I use. I toss him a middle man fee + all the shipping, and he makes sure it's properly packed to ship internationally.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Liad said:
I have used Celga.com for quite a bit, and it's a great proxy. I pay roughly 30$ in proxy payment, and that's a price i'm willing to pay to avoid all the hassle.
I will create an account. Is it only $30 no matter the size? Could I get Zodd vs Wyald for that cheap of a commission?

Kruge said:
I have a contact in Japan that I use. I toss him a middle man fee + all the shipping, and he makes sure it's properly packed to ship internationally.

Do you think he'd be willing to work with me? I haven't heard back from my guy yet, though I'm fairly confident I will. In case I don't hear back I want to have another proxy on deck. Celga sounds pretty awesome too... I just don't wanna miss this piece. It expires Sunday.

Berserker78 said:
Hi bro I think we'll find a solution :guts: I sent an email to you this morning keep me update :slan:

Thanks, boss. Your support is always appreciated, good sir.

Ahmetal said:
I will create an account. Is it only $30 no matter the size? Could I get Zodd vs Wyald for that cheap of a commission?

I think it depends on pricing. if it's under 20 000 JPY then it's 29$, and it's slightly more depending on how expensive it is. They probably have some proxy rates on their site. Anyway, just thought I'd vouch for Celga.com , I know I had a lot of trouble figuring out a proper proxy. There's a few proxy services that need you to contact them with sensitive information and all that nonsense, but with Celga you just create an account, create a bid (give them the Yahoo link) and deposit your money. Very simple, and it all goes through PayPal, which is great if you're a buyer (pretty bad if you're a seller :p ).

I've used my share of proxies through the years in different countries, settled on a proxy in Japan that I know personally and have always recommended. His name is Hiromi and his service details/contact details can be had here:

http://proxy.kolektakon.com/

He's always been very careful about packing and as long as you're explicit in instructions on what to do, he'll follow it to a T. Good luck, that's going to be a difficult one to get shipped properly so I'd make sure I'd get someone dependable.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Liad said:
I think it depends on pricing. if it's under 20 000 JPY then it's 29$, and it's slightly more depending on how expensive it is. They probably have some proxy rates on their site. Anyway, just thought I'd vouch for Celga.com , I know I had a lot of trouble figuring out a proper proxy. There's a few proxy services that need you to contact them with sensitive information and all that nonsense, but with Celga you just create an account, create a bid (give them the Yahoo link) and deposit your money. Very simple, and it all goes through PayPal, which is great if you're a buyer (pretty bad if you're a seller :p ).

Damn, I was reading the FAQ and then I saw this and it just all sounds so easy and straight forward. Thanks for the link.

sensui said:
I've used my share of proxies through the years in different countries, settled on a proxy in Japan that I know personally and have always recommended. His name is Hiromi and his service details/contact details can be had here:

http://proxy.kolektakon.com/

He's always been very careful about packing and as long as you're explicit in instructions on what to do, he'll follow it to a T. Good luck, that's going to be a difficult one to get shipped properly so I'd make sure I'd get someone dependable.

Thanks so much! It's nice, I'm starting to have a few options. If my guy doesn't get back to me I think I will give Hiromi a shout.

I've used Buyee in the past and wound up with broken statues with missing pieces (meaning it was broken when they repackaged it) so I would suggest against them.

I don't see why you couldn't use my contact. Sometimes takes a few days to get a response, but sometimes it's immediate. If you need it by Sunday, you could send me your info and get on the ball about it, but it's not a big deal if you don't seeing as there is only a 4-day window.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Kruge said:
I've used Buyee in the past and wound up with broken statues with missing pieces (meaning it was broken when they repackaged it) so I would suggest against them.

I don't see why you couldn't use my contact. Sometimes takes a few days to get a response, but sometimes it's immediate. If you need it by Sunday, you could send me your info and get on the ball about it, but it's not a big deal if you don't seeing as there is only a 4-day window.

Thanks so much. That's kind of you to offer to pass along my info, I really appreciate it.
I definitely would have taken you up for it but I am happy to say my guy finally responded.
I really like him, he scored the guts 2010 1/6 black for me as well as the 20th anniversary last repaint. He wears a fabric glove upon inspection (if you request inspection) and he even puts bubble wrap around the boxes.

On another note he mentioned to me the seller has one piece of negative feedback reporting a broken product. He also mentioned he is in Hong Kong, thus there is a "medium" risk of damaged goods or an imitation. I asked that he request photos. He's on it. I think I might start another thread for this but if anyone has any input or tips on what they would do if their proxy let them know this? Would you back out?

Anyway. I should say I fucking love this forum. And thanks to everyone who responded to help me. I hope this thread can benefit others who need it.

Hi bro finally your contact came back at the right moment :guts: it's nice and I hope you'll win this statue :slan: I know you really want it and to be on this forum it's like in any community we are here to help us in watching what the members want or search it's my vision on this lovely forum :carcus:

I generally don't buy from Hong Kong as the recasting there is a problem. The sellers often don't know what they're selling, or that it's a counterfeit. They're just distributors, basically. They are, generally, a step above Thai recasts, as the Hong Kong ones use better resin (from what I've read) but I avoid recasts at all costs.

Make sure you ask for pictures *of the actual product* as I've had a problem on a couple occasions of getting pictures of what was clearly the original, then getting a recast (I had an original, and wanted a second, so I had a good basis of comparison). Was a Godzilla kit. Couldn't hurt to ask things like if it comes with the original box, etc, as that's also an indicator.

You may already know all this stuff, just throwin it out there to be helpful if you don't. Totally worth the wait for an original (if you care about that sort of thing).

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Kruge said:
I generally don't buy from Hong Kong as the recasting there is a problem. The sellers often don't know what they're selling, or that it's a counterfeit. They're just distributors, basically. They are, generally, a step above Thai recasts, as the Hong Kong ones use better resin (from what I've read) but I avoid recasts at all costs.

Make sure you ask for pictures *of the actual product* as I've had a problem on a couple occasions of getting pictures of what was clearly the original, then getting a recast (I had an original, and wanted a second, so I had a good basis of comparison). Was a Godzilla kit. Couldn't hurt to ask things like if it comes with the original box, etc, as that's also an indicator.

You may already know all this stuff, just throwin it out there to be helpful if you don't. Totally worth the wait for an original (if you care about that sort of thing).
Thanks. I definitely don't want a knock off. Especially not of this statue. The seller hasn't responded to my proxy yet so I will wait until he responds with photos proving the product before I pull the trigger. Thanks for your insights on recasts.

Top Bottom