Joys of owning the Jets Comics Berserk mangas in Japanese

Ahmetal

God hand help us
I almost have two complete sets of the dark horse publication. I really want the original Japanese release set for obvious reasons, such as, it's fucking awesome. I am awaiting the release of the next volume to purchase and would like to hear from others the joys of having this set.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Japanese volumes are the best print editions and come with something other versions don't (as far as I know): dust jackets and original art on the inside flap.

I always look forward to what Miura includes as the inside art, even though it's always just something really small. But sometimes it's a portion of a larger painted work we've never seen before (vol 18's SK comes to mind, though I'm positive there are others).

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Aazealh and Walter--how did/do you acquire the Japanese editions?

It's quite expensive through amazon in the U.S.

I'm thinking of creating an amazon.jp account, this seems to be the cheapest way to buy them new.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've always bought them from amazon.co.jp as far as I can remember, though it's possible it didn't exist yet when I first started buying them.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've been buying them individually as they're released since about 2000. The site I used to use closed down a few years ago, but these days I use http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/

I get my stuff from CDJapan. Shipping is reasonable and fast and they also have a reward points program that I have been able to take advantage of a few times over the years by getting a young animal or volume for free.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Bender said:
I get my stuff from CDJapan. Shipping is reasonable and fast and they also have a reward points program that I have been able to take advantage of a few times over the years by getting a young animal or volume for free.
Nice! $4.98 a volume!? wtf that's awesome.

Top Bottom