The strongest member of the new Band of the Falcon (after Griffith)?

Who is the strongest member of the new Band of the Falcon after Griffith?

• Zodd

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Locus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grunbeld

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Rakshas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Irvine

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
If we take Zodd out of the equation, I wonder how would the others rank up?

Is there really a need to rank them? I think that's the more pertinent question. I'm comfortable with viewing each of them as having different strengths and weaknesses. From a distance, none of them could outdo Irvine. In a tortuous environment, Rakshas would certainly have the upper hand. From up close, Grunbeld would dwarf the others. In a place with room to move, Locus would be a hell of an opponent.

I'm voting for Irvine, because to me, Zodd is obviously the clear choice. But Irvine seems to be overpowered. Of course all of the main apostles are formidable.
I don't know how a fight vs Guts' new party would be even possible. Guts by himself can't face them, he held out against Grunbeld and Zodd for a while, but I don't know how long he could last.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Sankari said:
But Irvine seems to be overpowered.

inb4irvineneedstobenerfed

I prefer to think of them the same way Aaz does. It's easy to compare humans like Guts and Griffith when their margin of variance is fairly slim. Apostles, especially their monstrous forms, give a much wider gap for comparison, making it all the more difficult to be objective.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aaz makes a great point about each having strengths. But my reasoning for Zodd comes from a few specific instances as well as his whole persona being that he lives for battle, which is different from the others. In ep 277 Locus and Grunbeld regard Zodd with immense respect as a warrior. Also, during the raid on Flora's mansion, Grunbeld defers to Zodd before engaging with Guts, implying a kind of hierarchy. Of course, in that scene, it could just be that Grunbeld was deferring because Zodd and Guts had left their duel unfinished (again). Also, there may have been an unforeseen reason why events converged and Zodd among all apostles was chosen to be the one to ferry Griffith after his incarnation. But it could also mean he was the best suited to protecting him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sankari said:
But Irvine seems to be overpowered.

:???:

Sankari said:
I don't know how a fight vs Guts' new party would be even possible. Guts by himself can't face them, he held out against Grunbeld and Zodd for a while, but I don't know how long he could last.

There's no reason to think they'd have to fight them all at once.

Walter said:
Aaz makes a great point about each having strengths. But my reasoning for Zodd comes from a few specific instances as well as his whole persona being that he lives for battle, which is different from the others.

I think it's clear that Zodd is viewed by the others as superior, and in itself that's says enough for me.

Top Bottom