Salem's Berserk AMVs

Here's a berserk amv I made recently. Making another atm with NIN eraser. It'll be a little bit as it's time consuming for the transitions I'm doing. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-sWaYZtyoc

Re: bandofthehawk (Salem)'s Berserk AMVs

This took me forever! I love making amv's of berserk, but the tedious nonsense that this project brought upon me was a little draining. Hope you like it. It has plenty of spoilers, but hey, its a fan made video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snYw3_-HEGA

I love it. NIN is a great inspiration for an AMV. Excellent, excellent edititing. I really like it. I only wish it were longer. The clips chosen are very appropriate. Bravo!

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword

I thought it was pretty good! I liked the editing and syncing up to the rhythm. It's something a lot of people tend to ignore in their videos, so it was great to see you take the time to do it.

It's been awhile since I played with a video editor, but it seems like this would be pretty tedious with all the cutting. How long did it take to edit this together?

EDIT: Why didn't you just edit your last topic to have the new video?

All sorted out now. Phew. :isidro: This video took more time than any other I've done. I can't put an exact hour on it, but I worked on it off and on for over a month. I bet 4 hours in the past day. I uploaded three times to youtube. Once before I realized the aspect ratio was a mess, (just not in the editor) and the 2nd was after I thought I fixed it today. Just now a third time after having to individually change the ratio through the entire thing :mozgus: I'm spent and thanks guys :)

:SK: I found my old hard drive and finally put the other amv's up I had made. This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJsZUzX-70 was my favorite I made before this NIN one. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the last 5 or 6 up. :SK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlh6qHwCYzE

I made this pretty quick and it is something a little different. This is a berserk amv, but I tried to convey a sort of struggle within. More in the actual video description. We all have our own issues and sometimes it can hurt those around us we love and care about. Selfish desires usually end with a bad note, but not usually that bad. :femto:

On a sad note, after windows crashed I realized there is some strange time lapse between cyberlink and my hard drive, which has caused this video to never finish within the parameters I chose. I had to record it on my phone in order to preserve it, even making it all over again to confirm this glitch. Very strange, but the white wash effect looks...Unique. :judo:

Interesting, I like the nostalgia style you gave this video, is it all due to accident?
I think John Ford (director) said that some of the best moments are due to accident.

Black Rich said:
Interesting, I like the nostalgia style you gave this video, is it all due to accident?
I think John Ford (director) said that some of the best moments are due to accident.

Haha, yes it is. Due to recording off a screen, then rendering a different effect. I hated the look at first, but it grew on me. Think the berserk videos are done for me with this issue. Trying to get that fleeting moment where you can almost damage some fond memories hit home with me. Just a short clip that meant more than the hours and hours I spent on the last amv.

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Cool video, Salem! I didn't mind the phone recording, I think it looked pretty good. I think your song choice for this video was really spot-on, I think it enhanced the experience a lot, and the moments you chose, in turn, felt very appropriately surreal. :guts: Interesting message behind the AMV, too.

I enjoyed watching these! I especially liked the second one you posted. :ubik: Like the others said, I don't think the effect you mentioned took anything away from your last video. It looks cool that way.

Salem said:
Think the berserk videos are done for me with this issue. Trying to get that fleeting moment where you can almost damage some fond memories hit home with me.
I've never tried to make one of these. It seems like it could be pretty difficult to get all the timing right with the music and to capture the vision you're wanting to convey. I really liked what you did with these, though!

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Agreed, love the effect and filter and song and entire composition! Very nice work.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I really enjoyed this last one you made. I have to ask, what song is that? It's been in my head all day.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Well, now I'm feeling like an idiot. I was under the impression that the tittle reffered something else... Thanks.

I really liked that Eraser video. The shot selections and editing was fantastic. I'm normally not a fan of AMV's but you have an eye for things. Nice work.

I think you captured the bitter-sweetness of Guts and Casca's relationship, of Guts remembering the person she was and the heartbreaking situation they're currently in with Casca being physically there, yet gone. I also liked how the end seemed to highlight how Guts hasn't given up on her. Your choice of music really fit. Well done, thanks for sharing! :ubik:

Top Bottom