If Doldrey had turned out differently...

So as the title suggests what would have happened to the rest of the story had Doldrey turned out not quite as good for Guts and the rest of the Band of the Falcon. Guts is killed by Boscone and while Doldrey Castle is still taken by Casca cause screw Adon. But the main Falcon force is still completely wiped out and Griffith is taken prisoner under orders from Gennon with Doldrey Castle being easily taken back by due to their "kill the general" plan failing. On a unrelated note notice how no matter who is victorious in this battle Griffith still survives. Due to his fate of becoming the next member of the God Hand. Anyway as I said what do you guys think would happen to the rest of the story if the Falcons where to suffer such a catastrophic defeat at Doldrey. Can't wait to hear your opinions! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Firaxxa said:
On a unrelated note notice how no matter who is victorious in this battle Griffith still survives. Due to his fate of becoming the next member of the God Hand.

There's a big flaw in your scenario: without his loyal army to sacrifice, Griffith couldn't have become a member of the God Hand. Not to mention that falling because his battle plan was too ambitious might not have been sufficiently mentally damaging for him to be ready to sacrifice in the first place. In the manga, things happened the way they did specifically so that he'd end up sacrificing his men.

Firaxxa said:
Anyway as I said what do you guys think would happen to the rest of the story if the Falcons where to suffer such a catastrophic defeat at Doldrey.

Well, I guess the rest of the story just wouldn't happen. Guts is the protagonist, so if he dies, there goes the story. And as I said above, it's doubtful Griffith could have become part of the God Hand if we follow the path you laid out. There wouldn't be much left to tell!

Well you could say that Griffith being well Griffith . He ses his connections with Gennon to raise a Army. And then proceeds to conquer Midland... Chuder was cooler anyway...

You may also say Griffith would be to sad to continue fighting but hes justified this before. With his mentality he should keep fighting so that his fallen comrades didn't die in vain. And while Guts was obviously more important to Griffith then your common Horseman i see no reason why he would be exluded from Griffiths said mentality...

But this is starting to sound like really REALLY bad fan ficton so i'm just gonna stop here. Also Guts is the main character this is all theoretical and a story doesn't have to die with its main character...:troll: Oh and for Griffiths obviously required torture it could be from the the Ruler of Chuder when he finds out Griffith and Gennon have Homo erotic fun from time to time. They do live in the Dark Ages...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Firaxxa said:
But this is starting to sound like really REALLY bad fan ficton so i'm just gonna stop here.

My thoughts exactly.

Firaxxa said:
Also Guts is the main character this is all theoretical and a story doesn't have to die with its main character...

The story as we know it wouldn't exist without Guts. Nothing theoretical about that.

Firaxxa said:
Oh and for Griffiths obviously required torture it could be from the the Ruler of Chuder when he finds out Griffith and Gennon have Homo erotic fun from time to time. They do live in the Dark Ages...

But this isn't just about torture. Griffith had to come so very close to success and only then to fall. And it had to have been in very aggravating circumstances, not just because of a loss in battle. The rescue was important too, to reestablish the bond between him and his men. The conditions leading to the sacrifice are quite specific.

Also, Berserk's world is different from ours and there's no "Dark Ages" in the way you mean it. Your assumption regarding what penalty homosexuality would or wouldn't incur is completely unfounded. For one thing, Gennon didn't hide his penchant for boys, and that wasn't detrimental to his position within Tudor ("Tudor" is the proper spelling, DH got it wrong).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think Griffith might have still lived an interesting, tortured existence. But without Guts it wouldn't involve the sacrificial ceremony. So we're talking about a dramatically different story.

Alright sorry about some of my misconceptions. I am still quite a Newbie when it comes to Berserk only finding out about it a couple Months ago and just starting pick up the the Manga where the anime left off.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Firaxxa said:
Alright sorry about some of my misconceptions. I am still quite a Newbie when it comes to Berserk only finding out about it a couple Months ago and just starting pick up the the Manga where the anime left off.

Don't sweat it. Just know that the anime really doesn't do the story justice compared to the manga. That's why the manga should always be your base of reference. As you read on, you'll find that not only is the scope a lot bigger in the manga, but there are also a lot of details that form a complex tapestry supporting pretty much everything that happens in the story.

And don't make the mistake of skipping the parts of the manga that you think the anime covers! A lot of important (and cool) material was left out of it.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Firaxxa said:

I HIGHLY suggest you read the manga from the beginning. The anime misses a lot of vital information and it's really not worth it to skip anything. Not to mention the entire first Arc of the story in books 1-3, which is completely awesome.

Top Bottom