Like SKnet? Donate to Help Us Become Even Greater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NudySkeleton said:
Done!

I'd prefer to opt out of the bigger rewards and let the next people in queue get theirs.
This site's meant a lot to me since I first found it back in 2003, and I'm mainly just happy there's now an avenue through which I can meaningfully contribute.

Thank you very much! And glad to have you back. :serpico:

NudySkeleton said:
Additionally, this is something of a redemptive act, as I was a str8 ^ shitty poster back in the forum's more lawless periods ( :troll: ... :farnese: ).

Now I'm curious. :schnoz:

Aazealh said:
Thank you very much! And glad to have you back. :serpico:

Sure, hope it makes things easier on you guys!
This is the first time I've ever used Patreon, so I think I might have screwed up last night and selected the 1/mo by mistake.
It should be 10/mo now, but if it's possible to double-check and make sure it went through correctly, I'd appreciate it.

Aazealh said:
Now I'm curious. :schnoz:

Such... uh, reminiscence is beyond the scope of this thread. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NudySkeleton said:
This is the first time I've ever used Patreon, so I think I might have screwed up last night and selected the 1/mo by mistake.
It should be 10/mo now, but if it's possible to double-check and make sure it went through correctly, I'd appreciate it.

You're in the $1 tier but have pledged $10. Makes no difference if you're not interested in the individual rewards, otherwise there's probably a way to upgrade in your profile.

NudySkeleton said:
Such... uh, reminiscence is beyond the scope of this thread.

Haha, alright.

TheClangingSwordsman

Put your glasses on, kid. Nothing will be wrong.
Hey everyone, been on and off this site for a couple of years and decided it was time to contribute back. Just donated! Hope ye guys can put it to good use! Keep up all the great work and I can't wait for your live commentary of season 3 :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheClangingSwordsman said:
Hey everyone, been on and off this site for a couple of years and decided it was time to contribute back. Just donated! Hope ye guys can put it to good use! Keep up all the great work and I can't wait for your live commentary of season 3 :ganishka:

Thank you very much!!

Walter said:
We chose Patreon[/b] as our funding service because translating Berserk episodes is an ongoing task. If you'd prefer to give a single donation, we have set up a PayPal account for this express purpose.

I've only been a patron twice, so I can't say I completely understand how goals are reached (the goals played a very small role with those I've supported). Does a one-month subscription contribute to the goal? You guys are awfully close to the next milestone

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ThePiedPiper said:
I've only been a patron twice, so I can't say I completely understand how goals are reached (the goals played a very small role with those I've supported). Does a one-month subscription contribute to the goal? You guys are awfully close to the next milestone

Every contribution helps of course, but it has to be sustained to really matter. That being said, even supporting the Patreon for a short period will be appreciated.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
You have my support. I was able to benefit much back when I was more active. And now I can benefit even more as I catch up on all I've missed. I mean there are already 90 Podcasts to listen to. So far I've only listened to part 1 of the SK series. :???: The translations were so important back when the only other options were Evil Genius and Band of the Hawk, which at times stole Puella's work anyways. And even today as the episodes continue to come out, good translations are important, but at least now we have Darkhorse Translations which aren't too bad either for the back issues.

So I figure with all I gain, its worth a Monthly coffee.

Thanks again, everyone involved.

Just subbed a little while ago under 'fox hound'. Because, well, the world needs such a site dedicated to Berserk content, and of course the effort put into accurate translations of the series. Keep up the good work.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ThePiedPiper said:
Just subbed a little while ago under 'fox hound'. Because, well, the world needs such a site dedicated to Berserk content, and of course the effort put into accurate translations of the series. Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for your contribution. It's highly appreciated!

Aazealh said:
Thank you very much for your contribution. It's highly appreciated!

Not a problem. I swear the more I browse the more gold nuggets I find. Not just [critical] info pertaining to original Japanese text, but discussions on very interesting or highly revealing topics. I'm reading an old thread with one of Dark Horse's translators (ahem, "assistant consultant") right now and holy crap you just don't get this kind of stuff anywhere else (sometimes I'm lucky and see cool stuff on reddit, sometimes nah). On many forums it's just a bunch of people with opinions talking hypotheticals, or wanking (or crapping) on the characters in the source material, but there's some actual stuff here. And that's not even mentioning the podcasts I keep hearing about. Once I finally catch up on the latest episode of Berserk I'll be checking them out.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
With the upcoming change to how Patreon Pledges are calculated(where fees will be applied primary to the person pledging instead of the creator), will the pledge goals change to reflect the additional revenue per pledge? Or any other changes? Doesn't change my pledge at all, but I could see Patreon's change affect the 1 dollar pledges if there is an additional 37 cents added to the pledge. Just curious if there was any thought to it.

For more Info

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
ThePiedPiper said:
Welp, guess there's only one thing to do but increase my pledge so the total rounds up to the next dollar. Whole dollars is generally more convenient for me.
Personally, I figured it ends up being close to the sales tax I have. and with that, nothing I charge to the card seems to ever come to an even dollar value often anyways.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
With the upcoming change to how Patreon Pledges are calculated(where fees will be applied primary to the person pledging instead of the creator), will the pledge goals change to reflect the additional revenue per pledge? Or any other changes? Doesn't change my pledge at all, but I could see Patreon's change affect the 1 dollar pledges if there is an additional 37 cents added to the pledge. Just curious if there was any thought to it.

For more Info

No change is planned given that it won't really make much of a difference.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Aazealh said:
No change is planned given that it won't really make much of a difference.
That makes sense. I’m guessing the change likely has a greater effect on the creators that receive a larger percentage of their revenue from pledges with low price points. SK.net looks to be getting most revenue from larger contributors which may have helped keep Patreon from charging too much in fees.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
That makes sense. I’m guessing the change likely has a greater effect on the creators that receive a larger percentage of their revenue from pledges with low price points. SK.net looks to be getting most revenue from larger contributors which may have helped keep Patreon from charging too much in fees.

We also have a small amount of patrons and frankly I'm not sure what tweaks would really change.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
TBH, I can't really think of any tweaks in the short term either that would change anything. I think a wait and see approach is needed to see how much the change they made really helps/hurts creators, and each one will need to decide if any action/changes are needed based on how it affects them. Currently Patreon is facing some backlash about the announced change from both patrons and creators, and may revert to the previous method anyways. But if they don't, as you mentioned with the small number of patrons you are dealing with, we are likely to continue supporting SK.net through the change. If most are like me, this is likely one of the few, if not the only patreon they are supporting. Which really minimizes the effects of the change. And if SK.net's revenue doesn't increase in a meaningful way, changing goals doesn't make sense either. Although getting to the next translation goal could be fun. :carcus:

In the long term, if things were to get worse, the only change I could see potentially would be to try another similar service in addition to Patreon. Unfortunately, none have the maturity Patreon has at the moment. But Kickstarter's Drip service may become an alternative, once it gets out of the invite only period, depending on how they handle processing fees themselves.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Walter said:
https://blog.patreon.com/not-rolling-out-fees-change/

Looks like Patreon reneged.
I'm glad that they respond to criticism pretty well. It's only been about a week since they announced their suggested change before they decided it may not be the best idea after hearing from their users.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like their was an issue with my payment to the patreon and I never noticed. (I apologize!) It should be fixed now.

No worries, it unfortunately happens quite often and there's no way to fix it on our end. Thank you for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom