Weird or interesting Berserk stories

Do any of you have something that happened in your daily life that involves berserk? This could be conversations with others, something funny, or even weird. Anyone I work with that isn't as I've been told "not into that shit," has been annoyed by me enough to give the series a shot. My weirdest moment was with my wife back when she was my brand new girlfriend. Upon being hesitant with her at first like any relationship, I was nervous to show her some of my favorite things that might seem out there. One day I just threw it in her face and said read these books. She did and no matter how morbid it sounds I wouldn't have taken it any further if she said no. :???:

puella

Berserk forever
I have to get intraocular injections from time to time.
Whenever the needle goes through my eyeball, I feel like Guts when his eye was gouged during the Occultation.
Sometimes my whole eye bleeds! Pretty creepy. But my doctor often found me strangely smiling. :femto:
Still, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
When many patients are waiting to be injected, I imagine we're the Falcon soldiers and the doctor is Void, about to brand us! :void:
I always think about Guts when I have some hardship. It's my trick to overcome problems.

On lighter note, when I clean the floor at home, I often find myself holding the mop like Guts holds the Dragon Slayer!
I wield my sword and then the chore is finished. Problem is, doing it this way doesn't clean very well. :farnese:

Oburi

All praise Grail
The only thing I can think of (and I mentioned this before many years ago) was when I was working in grocery store as a cashier during my senior year in high school. I guess I was 17 at the time (10 years ago damn :isidro:) and I had been reading Berserk for only a few years earlier and I had just joined this forum maybe that year as well. Anyway, this dude comes through my line and bends over to pick something up and I notice he had the Brand tattoo on the back of his neck. Keep in mind I'm from a very small town way out in the woods where everyone knows everyone and my high school class consisted of only a few hundred students. So to meet anyone that knew what Berserk is, or hell even what manga is, is already tough.

So when I see this 20 something year old dude with the Brand on his neck in my line, at my work, in my small town, after recently becoming obsessed with Berserk ... yea I geeked a little. But I kept my composure and I asked him about it and he mentioned how he was in a metal band and they all loved Berserk. We exchanged email and kept in contact a bit but that was it.

It's kind of strange to think about how many people are out there reading Berserk or even loving the series to the point they get tattoos or have a band dedicated it, but because they don't feel the need to go online and join Skullknight. I guess it's normal, but in my mind I'm so conditioned to think "Berserk is so amazing and if you love it that much and want to keep up with it, why wouldn't you be all over sk.net duhhhhh".

How can one be such a fan of something and not join the number 1 forum in the world for it? :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Around 2001, I was at a party in Athens, Ga. My friend (on the forum as Cronus) told some guy there that I ran a Berserk website, and the guy comes up and tells me how much he loves the series etc., etc. Then he tells me he'd convinced their Senior Class to get Guts on their Senior T-Shirts, as their school's mascot is THE CRUSADERS (apparently that translates to any dude with a sword). So the guy goes out to his car and brings back a horribly smelly, wrinkled and soiled shirt with a rendition of Guts, clad in blue on the back of it. I was amazed... So amazed that when he passed out that night I put it in my car and he never saw it again :guts: He called and asked for it back a few years later, but I'd already moved.

In retrospect, a real dick move on my part. Oh well, the follies of youth.

Click for a close-up.​

Top Bottom