Level Design ------ 5/5
Alien AI ------ 5/5
Story ------ 4/5
Characters ------- 4/5
VA ------- 4/5

* Finally a Solid Alien Title.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I watched a playthrough of it because I didn't want to fork the money out.

It's a really cool game, with great atmosphere, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I kind of feel bad for saying so, but I'll just get it during Steam's Christmas sales. I simply don't care enough about the franchise to fork that much while I have a list of games to play (that I already own) that's longer than my arm.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Aazealh said:
I kind of feel bad for saying so, but I'll just get it during Steam's Christmas sales. I simply don't care enough about the franchise to fork that much while I have a list of games to play (that I already own) that's longer than my arm.

What's there to feel bad about? Most Alien games have been shit, so when one good one comes along it's sort of hard to find the ability to give a shit about it.

That's how I felt, too.

I get what you two are saying I do as the Alien community has been over run by consecutive poorly designed games financed by SEGA "cough" ACM and developers that just didn't care "cough" Gearbox. Personally I would love to see the developers for Isolation (CA) do a Blade Runner game seeing the quality of work they did with Isolation.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
What's there to feel bad about?

Well I meant that about waiting for Steam sales for a game that just launched, it's just not a mindset I enjoy. Anyway, I've had a good time with Alien games over the years. Alien Trilogy on PSX, Alien vs Predator 1 and 2 on PC, Aliens: Infestation on NDS.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
As soon as I heard the Last Survivor DLC wasn't really a GameStop exclusive I lost all interest in purchasing this at launch price.

Griffith said:
As soon as I heard the Last Survivor DLC wasn't really a GameStop exclusive I lost all interest in purchasing this at launch price.

Their really is no such thing as "Exclusivity" when it comes to DLC (Be it lauded as a Store or console exclusive) when its made available for all editions of a game.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
VengeanceQuest982 said:
Their really is no such thing as "Exclusivity" when it comes to DLC (Be it lauded as a Store or console exclusive) when its made available for all editions of a game.

Yeah, Griffith. I can't believe you didn't know that.

Griffith

Johnstantine said:
Yeah, Griffith. I can't believe you didn't know that.

Yeah, it's basically an axiom at this point, "It's not exclusive DLC if it isn't exclusive."

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll try this game in 5 years, bye now. =)

I bought it quite cheap during black friday sales here in Brazil. Was so cheap that I decided to give it a go. I love the original Alien movie, and I bought it only if to revisit the atmosphere and the sets. One of my best friends recently died, and his last gift to me was a deluxe Alien artbook, with the director´s sketches, behind the cameras etc. I haven´t played it yet, but from what I´ve seen from previews I guess I know what to expect from such a game.

Griffith

I'll be honest, at first blush I thought it was quite dumb to have posters for difficulty levels, but they're actually quite stylish and informative. Only reason I haven't gotten this on sale yet is because I dont think I'd have time to play it.

Griffith said:
I'll be honest, at first blush I thought it was quite dumb to have posters for difficulty levels, but they're actually quite stylish and informative. Only reason I haven't gotten this on sale yet is because I don't think I'd have time to play it.

I couldn't not think how the posters reminded me of the design style MONDO uses. The games not going anywhere Griffith you'll have time for it when theirs time . Lord knows with all the 20 + hour games emerging from the void in 2015 how anyone will have time for anything.

Top Bottom