Episode 219

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Guts sexuality, well :
Guts-Donovan = no will to do it, raped ...
Guts-Casca = good and normal
Guts-Apotre-who-has-killed-Corcus = fucks her and kills her
Guts-Casca = get chased, just has a nipple under the teeth
Guts-Slann = violent sex, raped ...(soon soon ! )

Guts definitely has some loop, but at first it's with a man and in the end with a semi-devil-god. Eventually Guts is gonna transecend ;D

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
Wow! I thought that Slann theory was way off the mark. I mean why would Slann want to see little ole Guts? And it turns out she's got a thang for him! Unbelievable! First Farneze and now Slann? Guts' pimp cup overfloweth with the pimp juice. Ranma Saotome look out!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
All_4_Yume said:
Wow! I thought that Slann theory was way off the mark. I mean why would Slann want to see little ole Guts?
Well there's the whole Pagan Orgy/Troll Orgy parallel, and the fact that Guts is in the Qliphoth... Several reasons really.

i think everyone is just overwhelmed at how right we were on guessing who it was. still WOW. thanks for the news and summary olivier and saiki

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I liked that god hand indiference towards guts (and mostly any human), i still cant find a reason why would slan wanted to see guts, i hope this encounter as a motive beyond him...
I mean, why would guts be on the thoughts of god hand? He is meat, sheep, nothing that can interest god hand, or will he become something "beyond" human?
No one should be a menace to god hand, in my view.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno about there being particular God Hand affinities, personally but... There's a lot to discuss about this chapter.

The first thing that caught my attention with Saiki's summary was that the Beherit actually transformed, as during a summoning. Is this the Beherit's purpose, as Flora told Guts? If that's so, then that means everything that's happening is part of causality (no huge suprise really but...), then... how will this end? Does Skully's intervention throw a wrench in causality's plan for Guts ?

I see it as either, Guts actually goes through with the sacrifice and UNLEASHES THE BEAST. Or he and Skully escape and have tea at Flora's where Guts then dons a Jesus robe as his new armor. He also has to grow a beard now, and train to fight Gods.

In all seriousness though, the aftermath of this event has to be a dramatic turn for the series.

NightCrawler

I believe guts will be unconcious through all the events...
What would he sacrifice then?
This is not griffith he's facing, he wont be that desperate, since the SK has arrived.
And what about the beherit? if its activated, then someone will become "something" right?
Being all part of casualty sucks...even though guts being alive is against the laws, he alone cant change bigger events, or can he?
Or is SK the real law breaker?

i thought the behelit only reacts before teh godhand are summoned. So the fact that it reacted after slan appeared means something entirely different and the fact that only one godhand is present. I heard this elsewhere, not sure where, but someone said that puck maybe influencing the becchi, so the becchi goes against its own purpose and therefore against godhand. Making it unbounded by causality.

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
I have a guess as to why the Beherit transformed, AFTER Slan showed up. If I am remembering correctly, it functions as a gateway between the 'real' world and the other worlds somehow. Now, Slan is showing up in Qliphoth, not the 'real' world, so she doesn't need it. But what if she wanted to go the 'real world' in the flesh like Griffith? A lil' sacrifice by Gatts(once she gets it in his hands), she takes over the sacrifice's body, and off she goes. It's just another conjecture, but it would explain her interest in Gatts at this point in time....

puella

Berserk forever
Saiki said:
Slan then asks Gutz if he wants to sacrifice something just like him/Grifith. Just then, something hits Slan's wings and Gutz is released. Skullknight appears.

Slan said in the eclipse that it would be good if Guts became kindred.
I wonder if her line implies that. I mean she might still keep it in mind,which is something like this.
"Kid, you want to be our kindred sacrificing yourself just like your friend did?"

And it's so interesting that Flora's talisman doesn't work at all. Yeah, she said it just lessen the power of brand a little. It doesn't seem to cope with huge power of Godhand.

well puella remember back in vol 3 with the count and the appearance of god hand then?!?
the brand was literally spewing blood, now flora said that it would lessen the brand, she also mentioned that it would wear off with time.
now compared to the immeasurable power of godhand, my guess would be that the talisman would have no affect.

also, during the eclipse, doesnt slann remark at guts' effort or something of the sort? i find it only fitting that she would keep an 'eye' on the struggler

now for the behelit.

weve only seen one transformed before, and i cant remember when exactly, or what griffith was thinking
but could it be that it transforms when the idea of a sacrifice (or a need for power) enters the owners mind?

guts thinks of possibly sacrificing something so he can get back at griff
or
guts needs teh added power of the behelit

or (and that a BIG or)

SK plans on using the behelit to achieve whatever he dreams of

and the troll thing is funny, also interesting that she had to be manifested with something physically already there, as opposed to her having her own body (considering they are in the astral plane)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Saiki said:
Slan then puts her hand on Gutz and tells him that she wanted to see him. She tells him that she had felt him through the countless nights, and she knew that he would come to Qliphoth as well. Slan says she wants to feel more and tells him to release all his anger and pain.

It's interesting that slan says all this. During the battle with the count she seems to be somewhat more amused by him than the other God Hand members as well. I wonder what signifigance that holds, and what her interest is exactly.

Wereallmad said:
It's interesting that slan says all this. During the battle with the count she seems to be somewhat more amused by him than the other God Hand members as well. I wonder what signifigance that holds, and what her interest is exactly.

i guess its still a possiblility that the members of god hand have their own motives that arent necessarily bound to anything.
were all bound to the fate that Idea conjured for us (for arguements sake), but that doesnt have to mean that the members of god hand have to stay true to each other

who knows, but slann could admire guts so much that she could side with him in this ordeal
(yeah right)
but lets keep that in mind

NightCrawler

Since its a plausible possibility, dont you think apostle guts would suck? And what would he sacrifice? it must be something he truly loves, and you know caska's out of the game.
And Sk using the behelit? it wouldnt make sense...
So in your thoughts, to whom is the behelit reacting?

I still think God Hand are beyond anything (except idea)

Maybe this is all happening to give us more insight on god hand and Sk, but the behelit transforming is somehow unexpected...

yeah i said the SK thing was bullshit, but we still dont know his motives

but i never said that the guts would actually use the behelit

but if you stood there before a God, and are getting the shit beaten out of you, and you have a behelit, your way out of all this suffering youve been going through, wouldnt you at least think about it?

thats all im saying, that the behelit reacts to the thought of a sacrifice, im not saying that a sacrifice is inevitable

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krebs4life said:
thats all im saying, that the behelit reacts to the thought of a sacrifice, im not saying that a sacrifice is inevitable
But Flora already told us that the Beherit will be there when someone craves its power. That sorta cements its activation to me...

NightCrawler

What? that the behelit can deactivate?!?
If it transformed, than something is gonna happen.
But dont forget that guts is uncounsious.

NightCrawler said:
so are you saying someone else is wishing this, since gattsu is uncounsious? if so WHO?

NightCrawler said:

I wonder too can a behelit get deactivated? I only know that once the behelit got activated, it will be transfer to another dimension or realm!

Anyway like namayias said, who is activating the behelit???

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Wow, its been forever but finally something interesting happened... I was a bit bored with all the troll fighting... yeah, I like it, but I needed more plot development. So I've gotta throw my opinions in about this whole Slann arival thing.

So the behelit is reacting now... who is activating it...

Didn't Griffith go through a bit of unconcious development before acceptance of the behelits power? And I think Griffith's transformation is completely different than what Gutts' will be like. Griffith's was that big special one that only happens every 277 years or whatever, right? And we assume Gaiseric is Skully and he came over the same sorta way Griffith did. So it brings me back to wanting to parallel Gutts with Zodd.

So Zodd is kinda like one of Griffith's henchmen now... so does that mean maybe Gutts will transform to a sort of beast like that (maybe not physically like that) but be Skully's right hand man for this big battle between Skully and Griffith? I mean, both Skully and Griffith want the same thing... rule over all. So to me, its natural that they may want to duel it out... plus, we have a loop going... maybe Skully got kicked out when Griffith got put in and thats why Skully was helping Gutts, because he had some idea this was his only way to get his place back, either in the God hand or ruling Midland.

Let the theory debunking begin!

Top Bottom