Kickstarter projects you want to back

I've backed many Kickstarter projects of different nature (shoes, video games, design) and i'll be interested to know those current projects you want to support and ultimately get.

It doesn't matter if you already backed, if you want to, what kind of projects you wish to talk about, it just have to be in an active state.

I just backed a few minutes ago Hollow Knight

atmospheric_example_01_banner.gif

DESCRIPTION

Currently under development, Hollow Knight is the first game by Team Cherry, an indie games team comprised of 3 people, based in South Australia. We have been working our hardest on the game for months to produce a fantastic foundation and have launched a Kickstarter so that we can bring this world fully to life.

Hollow Knight is a challenging, beautiful action adventure game set in the vast, inter-connected underground kingdom of Hallownest. A 2D action game with an emphasis on skill and exploration, Hollow Knight has you fighting a fearsome host of deadly creatures, avoiding intricate traps and solving ancient mysteries as you make your own way through fungal wastes, forests of bone, and ruined underground cities.

The atmosphere is eerie and sometimes unnerving, but there is a good-hearted core of humour and levity in there too, especially when conversing with all of the weird and wonderful NPCs you’ll find along the way. Hollow Knight has beautiful traditional art, fluid and responsive action, challenging but fair gameplay, and an incredible, bizarre insect world begging to be explored and conquered. Step into the depths of Hallownest and experience Hollow Knight for yourself!

FEATURES

A beautiful, eerie world of insects and heroes.
Traditional 2D animation brings creatures and characters to life.
Challenging gameplay that can be difficult but always fair.
Fluid and responsive action allows you to flow through combat like water.
A collection of challenging “feats” the most skilled players can strive for.
Find powerful new abilities and spells on your adventure to grow stronger and open new paths.
Speak with a weird, intriguing cast of characters.
Explore a vast, connected underground world.
Scour the world for hidden secrets – powerful artifacts, piles of riches, and surprising encounters.
Go Dream Diving! Venture into the minds of friends and enemies and discover the strange worlds that await within.
Head to town to seek advice, purchase new items, and chat with quirky townsfolk.
Hidden areas full of the toughest challenges and battles, for expert players.
Ancient mysteries hidden about the world waiting to be solved by the most observant investigators.

Developer

jam_shot_01.jpg

Hollow Knight is the first release by Team Cherry. Our team initially formed around game jams, but we really bonded over our love for Zelda 2. Though we’ve all worked on games in the past, Hollow Knight is the culmination of the things we love in games. Its cute and creepy, quaint and epic. Together we’re putting all of our passion into this project.

Ari Gibson

Ari is an animator and co-owner of boutique animation studio mechanical apple. He’s worked on countless projects across film, games, music videos and advertising. Ari is guiding the art of Hollow Knight, animating its characters and detailing the world.

William Pellen

William has been designing and building games for years, and loves to create silly little worlds for people to poke around in and explore. He’s been enraptured with games ever since his Dad found the wing boots for him in Zelda 2, and wants to recreate that experience of adventure and excitement for other people.

Rohan Fraser

Rohan is an illustrator, comic artist and traditional painter. He transitions effortlessly across mediums and styles. Examples of his traditional work can be found at rohanfraser.com.au

Not a Kickstarter but it's a crowdfund on Indiegogo for The Void (sci-fi, horror). Check it out here - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-void--10

They have 3 cool poster designs up as rewards, like the one below -

iftcnd3.jpg

"With this project we are pooling over ten years of experience to conjure up a terrifying film that will combine the aesthetic attitude of modern horror cinema as it emerged in the 1970s with the splatter and sophisticated practical special effects that ruled the creature features of the 1980s and early 90s. But make no mistake, unlike MANBORG and FATHER'S DAY, this time we aren't joking around. We are committed to introducing audiences to a unique horror-mythology." - Steven Kostanski & Jeremy Gillespie

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Kinda late but I recently funded the kickstarter for Alabaster, a manga by Tezuka. I read the first volume or so online and it was pretty interesting so I backed it.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalmanga/publish-osamu-tezukas-alabaster-vol1-2

IncantatioN said:
Not a Kickstarter but it's a crowdfund on Indiegogo for The Void (sci-fi, horror). Check it out here - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-void--10

The monster designs in their ABCs of Death 2 segment were excellent. It's great to see that they're using their talents to make a serious horror movie. I'll have to keep an eye on this one. :guts:

Skeleton said:
The monster designs in their ABCs of Death 2 segment were excellent. It's great to see that they're using their talents to make a serious horror movie. I'll have to keep an eye on this one. :guts:

Missed your post, sorry for the late reply mate. I actually haven't watched ABCs of Death 2, is it better than the first one? I'll give it a shot since you mention it *thumbs up*. I didn't see it when it came out cos I found the first one more of a miss than a hit. Certain alphabets I really liked - D, F, O. I'm reading about the other alphabets and don't recall what they were about. So I'll watch them both, back to back.

I just backed the Swat-Kats Revolution Kickstarter cos it's the Swat-Kats (!!!), check it out here -

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820796125/swat-kats-revolution/description

Further into their rewards there's a possibility of a 22 episode series. I remember coming home from school and putting on Cartoon Network to watch Space Ghost, Birdman, Jonny Quest, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, etc. and among em Swat-Kats was a total favorite. My brother would play Rex and I'd be T-Bone. No Kat merch was available at the time so my GI Joe Skystriker would double as the TurboKat, flying it around our room.

Top Bottom