Why hasn't Medicom given us another Berserk 1/6? Could we petition?

Knight Of The Aborted

The darkest void that is my soul
last year Medicom gave us a 1/6 Real Action hero Guts from the Golden age arc which turned out to be a really stellar figure. Seriously, this figure Is by far the best representation of Guts we have ever seen, the likeness In the face is actually of the anime/movies rather the trying to copy the manga and the overall stature and quality of the clothing/armor Is impeccable. What's ironic however is that I am least fond of this version of Guts, i still love it from a nostalgia point of view but I (and I would imagine everybody else) would prefer the Black Swordsman of Berserker armored version. Unfortunately, there has been no word on whether we may see more from this license and that has me worried this is a one and done by Medicom(something they often do). so basically i just wanted to hear some opinions by the people whether you too would want to see more berserk stuff by them, maybe someone knows something I don't regarding this or even seeing whether we could vocalize our interest in other Berserk items directly to Medicom. Thoughts?

This figure doesn't sold quite well, you can easily find it now with sweet discounts almost everywhere while even for Black Swordsman figma you have to spent the same amount of money. I doubt they will release something Berserk-related in near future.

Knight Of The Aborted

That's probably true considering Medicom is used to the majority of their products selling out or being slightly more popular but then I would have a problem with the fact that they released the least popular version of Guts to be the test figure. Had they released the armored version or the Black swordsman I'm sure It would have done immensely better and would have raised more heads from non Berserk fans. So I hope that Isn't their reasoning because that would really suck :judo:

Knight Of The Aborted

Sorry I meant the opposite, my point was that most Berserk statues and figures on the market try to recreate his appearance in the manga and it always falls short because It's harder to create a 3d figure based on a manga where It's entirely 2d unlike the anime and movies that offer a better 3d representation to use.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Knight Of The Aborted said:
Sorry I meant the opposite, my point was that most Berserk statues and figures on the market try to recreate his appearance in the manga and it always falls short because It's harder to create a 3d figure based on a manga where It's entirely 2d unlike the anime and movies that offer a better 3d representation to use.

Eh, I don't know man, I think it's mostly just because Art of War, the main purveyor of Berserk statues, really sucks at sculpting faces. :void:

Top Bottom