Upcoming Gecco Berserk statue - 2015

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I received mine today and I've got to say it's really great value. Couldn't be happier with it. They even got most of the Berserk stuff right (on the box and card), which is a more than welcome departure from Art of War's perpetual mangling of it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bruhaha69 said:
It's definitely a beautiful statue. Did you have any issues attaching the cape, Aazealh?

Yeah the pegs don't fit perfectly, they only go in about halfway or two thirds through. It's a bit weird since the cape is properly set that way (fitting Guts' body tightly)... Just a design decision I guess, but they probably should have informed people to avoid frustration. I also had to force on the sword hilt a bit to make the blade fit as the arm was at a wrong angle.

DSknight said:
Just got great news from Gecco they'll be releasing this as a kit! Cannot wait :ubik:

Didn't you make a Youtube video about your repaint? I'm pretty sure I saw it :guts: anyway great work man it fits the statue perfect.

Aazealh said:
Yeah the pegs don't fit perfectly, they only go in about halfway or two thirds through. It's a bit weird since the cape is properly set that way (fitting Guts' body tightly)... Just a design decision I guess, but they probably should have informed people to avoid frustration. I also had to force on the sword hilt a bit to make the blade fit as the arm was at a wrong angle.

Thanks for the reply. I do see what you mean when I have his left side in (probably half the peg in, flush to his body). My problem is that no matter how I drop the cape on, the right side (facing his back) will not fit in at all. It's close, but just slightly hanging onto his shoulder. I'm wondering if mine just has a little manufacturing defect I can't see, because it looks fairly normal. I'm going to go at it again for another 20 or 30 minutes to see if I can drop it into place and if not, ask for a replacement. I have never purchased anything from D4toys, so I'm hoping they'll be willing to help.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bruhaha69 said:
Thanks for the reply. I do see what you mean when I have his left side in (probably half the peg in, flush to his body). My problem is that no matter how I drop the cape on, the right side (facing his back) will not fit in at all. It's close, but just slightly hanging onto his shoulder. I'm wondering if mine just has a little manufacturing defect I can't see, because it looks fairly normal. I'm going to go at it again for another 20 or 30 minutes to see if I can drop it into place and if not, ask for a replacement. I have never purchased anything from D4toys, so I'm hoping they'll be willing to help.

Hmm, maybe filing it would work? Not an ideal solution, but if it's only slightly off, it could save you more trouble.

Yeah, that might be worth it. It won't be visible when seated in the holes and would avoid the return headache. Hmmm. I think i might get my courage up and go for it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm late to the party, but I got mine a few weeks ago and displayed it instantly. It's absolutely gorgeous and exceeded my expectations. The stock photos don't do this statue justice. Easily one of my favorite Berserk purchases in years. GOOD JOB HEADLONG AND GECCO! :ubik: :ubik: :ubik:

Just got mine.....amazing like you guys said. It's all about that sneering Guts head hah. The cape took a little bit of force but mine seemed to have went in. I did have to adjust the hilt even when the cape went all the way in to make sure the blade slides into that slot on the cape properly. But man.....we need more from Gecco/Headlong. A Berserker Armored Guts next would be awesome.

ryuhayabusa6787 said:
this is sold out any leads on this other then the crazy ebay prices?

http://geccodirect-intl.ocnk.net/product/5

Not sure if its sold out but at the Gecco site it doesn't say sold out like the kits.

Mogen said:
http://geccodirect-intl.ocnk.net/product/5

Not sure if its sold out but at the Gecco site it doesn't say sold out like the kits.

It's not you can still buy it for that price on Gecco's site. I was looking for the statue everywhere but it was way too expensive on Ebay and other sites. So I ordered one off of Gecco's site the other day. With shipping for me it was about $363. Which is a pretty good price compared to getting it anywhere else. So if anyone else is still trying to get the statue. Gecco's site is probably the best place to get it. Although you'll have to wait awhile to receive it. Can't wait to get mine!

JaySmithyy said:
It's not you can still buy it for that price on Gecco's site. I was looking for the statue everywhere but it was way too expensive on Ebay and other sites. So I ordered one off of Gecco's site the other day. With shipping for me it was about $363. Which is a pretty good price compared to getting it anywhere else. So if anyone else is still trying to get the statue. Gecco's site is probably the best place to get it. Although you'll have to wait awhile to receive it. Can't wait to get mine!

that's a really good price how much was the shipping I paid $399 on BBTS

Top Bottom