Calling 3D Modelers + 3D Printers (Berserk Ornament)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Earlier this month, my wife asked if I had any Berserk-themed ornaments for our tree. I answered no, because all I could think of is a Beherit, and mine has long since been lost (moved on to someone more worthy, obviously). But then I got to thinking... What else would be possible?

I came up with an idea. And while it's way too late to accomplish for THIS year's holiday, for NEXT year, I'd like to commission a 3D modeler to create a Schnoz w/ Santa Hat model to be printed with a 3D printer.

Are there any 3D modelers and/or 3D printer owners out there who would like to contribute to this idea? If there's enough interest in such a thing in our community, I think a commission for the time and labor would be totally possible.

:schnoz:

Walter said:
Earlier this month, my wife asked if I had any Berserk-themed ornaments for our tree. I answered no, because all I could think of is a Beherit, and mine has long since been lost (moved on to someone more worthy, obviously). But then I got to thinking... What else would be possible?

I came up with an idea. And while it's way too late to accomplish for THIS year's holiday, for NEXT year, I'd like to commission a 3D modeler to create a Schnoz w/ Santa Hat model to be printed with a 3D printer.

Are there any 3D modelers and/or 3D printer owners out there who would like to contribute to this idea? If there's enough interest in such a thing in our community, I think a commission for the time and labor would be totally possible.

Hello Walter,
My 3D printer should arrive soon ( first week of january ) and then I will be ready to print out all kind of stuff. Especially the schnoz, not very complex one!
The printer I'm talking about can print with resin.
For now, I have white, grey and black resin.
chess-pieces-gradient.jpg

Of course, I cannot do anything until I finally have the printer. But I would be glad to produce this schnoz :schnoz:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds great! I think white would work, and could be painted without too much effort. Thanks for offering.

Walter said:
If there's enough interest in such a thing in our community, I think a commission for the time and labor would be totally possible.

Count me in as an interested member, this's a great idea.

Did you pick up a FormLabs Form 1+ printer, Theoden?

IncantatioN said:
Count me in as an interested member, this's a great idea.

Did you pick up a FormLabs Form 1+ printer, Theoden?

Nice. The more, the better. I took indeed the Form 1+. Best quality/price in the market.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The image in my head for this isn't much different from Schnoz's first appearance in Vol 25, just with a goofy looking Santa hat on his head. I'd suggest him carrying a big bag of presents, but he doesn't have any arms :ganishka:

I have been investigating 3d printing Schnoz for the past few weeks actually and while I cannot afford a 3d printer there are options out there to have it made by a printing company and the prices wary depending on the quality. That said I would love to make an xmas Schnoz :serpico: Maybe the bag of presents can be clamped between his butt

JKZZmRo.jpg

Sorry for that image :troll:

I am also interested which printer you are getting Theoden, there are so many out there and quality is all over the place.

asic said:
I am also interested which printer you are getting Theoden, there are so many out there and quality is all over the place.

As IncantatioN asked I bought the Formlabs form 1+. I think it's probably the best affordable printer out there.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
How about something like this around the waist with beherits stuffed to the brim?

I'm not sure how visible that would be if this is going to be ornament-sized. You're talking sub 1 cm Beherits at that point.

Buuut your idea of a belt made me think about the possibility of him being in a full-blown Santa suit. With belt and big black boots.

Puck as a Santa elf with elf hat? :puck:

Hey guys,
Since I am now fully able to print stuff I can make it happen, if enough people are interested in these small goods!

Top Bottom