Berserk: Animated Bits

A call to arms for all the animators and illustrators in the Berserk community!

Hi, my name is RupanSansay and I have a hasty request for all of you fine, talented folk out there in the Berserk fandom.
Although this task has not been set to me yet (thank god!) soon I will be set a specific task for my 'Creative Media' studies class in college, this will consist of me having to create a music video using any track of my liking.
Being the Berserk fanatic that I currently am and as I hope many of you out there are, it wasn't a hard choice for me as to what I would choose.
I immediately my made my mind up as to what track I would use, this of course being 'Guts' Theme' from the '98 anime, I hope we can all agree that that specific track is one of the most beautiful songs ever created, hence my unwavering will to create a semi-music video for it, given the chance.

Now here is where you come in, I need but 3 things to make this project the best it can possibly be;

The first being as the title suggests, any animated material that falls in line with the subject of Berserk. Although I would be happy at the sight any submitted material, I would most prefer for this pieces to be of either recognisable and/or significant scenes in the Berserk storyline (so no naked water fights please!).
Of course, you can choose to either submit content you have already produced (as long as you are happy for me to use it in this project) or even create brand new material for this project, both would be much appreciated.
If you do wish to submit material, please convert it to a general file type such as .mov for convinces sake for me whilst editing.

Next is a much simpler subject, Clips. That being, clips from the 1998 anime that consist of those incredibly detailed shots (such as this infamous one: http://tinyurl.com/pdgqhen), again screencaps are appreciated but I would much rather have the specific clip from which it belongs along with the zoom effect they apply.
(Also, it would be most optimal if you could use the Blu-ray remastered 1080p version of the episodes for consistency in quality).

And Lastly is any Fan Art, this, whilst not as significant in the priority order as the other two topics, are also appreciated! Again, fan art of Guts and co. in some sort of mid-action or a melodramatic scene would be best. (Also, it would be best to keep somewhat close to the style of the manga/show for consistencies sake)

The general deadline for said material would be around Early Summer 2015, although if I can acquire a more accurate date, I will update this

Of course, if you are either an aspiring or professional animator or illustrator, please don't feel pressured to submit content if you don't feel you wish to do so, although all help is appreciated dearly!

Obviously, any and all work will be appropriate credited to which ever name you most prefer and I will release the completed version on Youtube and Vimeo for all to see once it has been completed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and good luck on your travels!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RupanSansay said:
Hi, my name is RupanSansay and I have a hasty request for all of you fine, talented folk out there in the Berserk fandom.
Although this task has not been set to me yet (thank god!) soon I will be set a specific task for my 'Creative Media' studies class in college, this will consist of me having to create a music video using any track of my liking.

Here's an idea: how about you do your homework yourself instead of requesting strangers to complete the task for you?

I am sorry if I sounded a little too forward in my request, the vast majority of the work for the project (i.e. The animation and the entire editing process) will be done individually by myself as this is evidently my personal response to the criteria at hand.
I just would like to use this project to also be able to exhibit the vast talent in this community as a sort of icing on the cake, if you will.

Again, I sincerely apologies if this came off as some form of acceptable procrastination in the absence of my own personal work, I would just like to be able show what dedication and love there is for this franchise as a whole through this project and make the best possible introduction to what I imagine will be a lot of people's introduction to this series (After all, my last project was based around the Silent Hill series, a franchise that was practically unknown to everyone I spoke to in terms of the original games)

Face palm. No offense, but this is a really neat way of pawning work on someone else. I also find it hard no one you know has heard of the original silent hill games. Sounds like a fun project I'd be more than happy to take on for myself, were I in your shoes.

Unless I am getting paid, I am not going to do someone's homework . Sorry. This reads like something from @forexposure_txt. It's not a great idea to ask strangers to create art for free.

I am so sorry said:
I would most prefer for this pieces to be of either recognisable and/or significant scenes in the Berserk storyline (so no naked water fights please!).

I thought this scene was very significant. You gotta problem with naked water fights?

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I am so sorry said:
The first being as the title suggests, any animated material that falls in line with the subject of Berserk. Although I would be happy at the sight any submitted material, I would most prefer for this pieces to be of either recognisable and/or significant scenes in the Berserk storyline (so no naked water fights please!).
Of course, you can choose to either submit content you have already produced (as long as you are happy for me to use it in this project) or even create brand new material for this project, both would be much appreciated.
If you do wish to submit material, please convert it to a general file type such as .mov for convinces sake for me whilst editing.

Just to clarify for me, were you wanting actual user-created animations (i.e. moving images)? Maybe I'm behind the times, but doesn't that take a lot of time?

I think your heart is in the right place, but you're asking for some labor and time intensive work in what I assume to be a short amount of time (I'm no artist, but when I actually do a drawing, I'm usually doing it for an hour or longer, and that's only one still image). It just seems like a lot to ask to me.

I'm not aware of any fan-made animations. I certainly haven't seen any--only still images. I think your best bet is to stick with the tv series and movies as your sources (though it's questionable whether you have the rights to them...I think you can get away with it since it's for educational purposes). Regardless, you need be sure to give credit. I can't stand it when music isn't credited properly, so I imagine other artists feel the same way about their specific medium.

BeingofEvil

Behelit♆
I don't think it's serious task.

Even if you want to make simple flash animation aka slideshow, there isn't a lot of Berserk resources, you should ask someone on DeviantArt maybe.

Alternatively, (I know it's not much but still) you can use these:
pack_anime-2.gif

pack_anime-1.gif

I have found them in internet, author is Japanese, but I think he won' t mind if you make them a part of better, greater thing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BeingofEvil said:
Alternatively, (I know it's not much but still) you can use these:
pack_anime-2.gif

pack_anime-1.gif

I have found them in internet, author is Japanese, but I think he won' t mind if you make them a part of better, greater thing.

I don't think we should presume what the author would or wouldn't mind. The correct way to do things would be to ask him/her directly. Anyway, the scope of this thread was going way beyond this, and it has been abandoned by its author.

Top Bottom