Berserk N Bastard

el reb 7chich

take as mush as u can,give nothing back
hello everyone , so i came to discover this manga called ''bastard'' huge similarity with berserk , dark fantasy , medieval age , knights and monsters , the manga was out in 1988 while berserk in 1989 and sold 30 millions of copies , i was wondering if kentaru miura got inspired from this manga cuz i was questionning the originality of berserk , i know it's hard to believe , but i just wanted to have a real answer ! thx :guts:

Bread Pak

I'm a llama!
Hi, Miura knew Bastard!! and one reason he starts a dark fantasy was because there are few manga like that (Bastard!! and someone else) but history, inspiration and character are totally different. I've read every 27 tankobon of Bastard!!

el reb 7chich

take as mush as u can,give nothing back
emm yeah there are a few ones out there , but i found out berserk prototype went out in 1988 , the same year as bastard! so there is no way he could've been inspired since they went out the same year

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

el reb 7chich said:
i was wondering if kentaru miura got inspired from this manga cuz i was questionning the originality of berserk

Like Bread Pak said, if you had actually read Bastard!!, you would know that it's really nothing like Berserk at all.

Bread Pak

I'm a llama!
el reb 7chich said:
emm yeah there are a few ones out there , but i found out berserk prototype went out in 1988 , the same year as bastard! so there is no way he could've been inspired since they went out the same year

Pilot episode of Bastard!!, Wizard, was published in 1987

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
bandofthehawk (Salem) said:
Are you trolling, or being dense? :???:

Not sure who this was meant for, but if it's Bread Pak, he's correcting reb about when Bastard!'s first release was.

Top Bottom