Rage's Berserk artwork

l37v89K.jpg

Hello everybody, so this is my first post!
First I wanted to say my thanks, I am so glad that this community exists where I can find people who are as passionate about this series as me. The last months I've been working on my first frame-by-frame-animation project, and all I did day after day was drawing and listening to the SkullKast. Which makes all the work a really fun experience!
I really don't know how I can thank you enough for that, maybe this drawing of Zodd all dressed up is a start.

Also I wanted to ask how I can upload this as my avatar, I have to admit that I couldn't figure that out by myself...
Once I made some more progress on my animation, I would love to share it with you.

go to the top tool bar and go to profile>Forum Profile/ then the first choice is avatar, select the 3rd option (URL option) then paste this link and save

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2qisped.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome!

Glad you enjoy the podcast. :serpico: And I love that little drawing!

rage-al said:
Also I wanted to ask how I can upload this as my avatar, I have to admit that I couldn't figure that out by myself...

We don't allow uploads to the server, however you can upload it to any other place (like imgur where you have it now) and link it from there. The only thing you might want to do is reduce the size to something more proper for an avatar to optimize the loading times.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
rage-al said:
Hello everybody, so this is my first post!
And what better way to start off than with some fun art? :guts: Welcome!
rage-al said:
The last months I've been working on my first frame-by-frame-animation project, and all I did day after day was drawing and listening to the SkullKast. Which makes all the work a really fun experience!
That sounds like a really cool project! Are you an animation student? And yeah, the SkullKast is a great way to make time go by quickly.

rage-al said:
Once I made some more progress on my animation, I would love to share it with you.
Please do. :serpico:

I am really pleased you like it!
Grail said:
That sounds like a really cool project! Are you an animation student?
I am studying Art and Design at Bauhaus-University Weimar, where we can choose a project for each semester. This can be photography, typography, this time I am attending a video-project where we can make short films with cameras or animation. It is really amazing that we are allowed to do pretty much anything we want and I can spent time on this project of mine, a little underwater-sequence:
XcuRY0Y.jpg

I am still teaching myself how to do proper movements and my progress is very slow, I can be proud when I can make a second a day. So hopefully I can finish this in time.

It can be quite lonely just sitting on my desk all day, so it's really nice to meet you here!

There are so many amazing panels of Berserk I would love to to have as a desktop wallpaper or printed as a poster, but unfortunately the black and white scans are just too bleak to use them as they are. So recently I experimented a little with Photoshop, and these are my first results.

EatqCPt.jpg

qeTqWJK.jpg

lv2xMiA.jpg

Better resolution: http://imgur.com/a/nqOqz

I really enjoy making these, and will continue to to do them in my free time.
If you guys have any panels in mind that you want to see colored in this fashion, I am open for suggestions.
Also, please give my advice on what I could do to improve :daiba:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I like it! I think I like the top piece the most.
beastgrin2.gif

Normally these kinds of minimalistic colors come off as lazy to me, but this actually adds a bit while not coloring over the details of the original art.

The only thing I'll point out is that Guts' face appears a little too orange on the page where he's tossing Moz over the cliff.

very nice, that mozgus and guts page is my favorite out of the 3 :mozgus:. I've done a few colorings myself, the ones i find hard to color the most are the heavily inked and heavily shaded pages, they're meant to be in black and white and its hard to get colors in there and make it look good. maybe i just such lol :ganishka:.

looking forward to your future colorings rage!

Thank you very much! Here is a lunatic Nina to show some gratitude.

qHVzQGM.jpg

Walter said:
The only thing I'll point out is that Guts' face appears a little too orange on the page where he's tossing Moz over the cliff.
I will work on that :serpico:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
rage-al said:
There are so many amazing panels of Berserk I would love to to have as a desktop wallpaper or printed as a poster, but unfortunately the black and white scans are just too bleak to use them as they are. So recently I experimented a little with Photoshop, and these are my first results.

Cool stuff, Rage! It seems like your experimenting has paid off! :slan: I'm a bit mesmerized by this coloring style; the way that you draw from many similar/less saturated colors while having some elements that pop make it impressive to look at (the flame/smoke erupting on Mozgus's body, the Skull Knight's sword being two examples). But even then, you still highlight the black/white contrasts that make the original work so engaging. :ubik:

rage-al said:
I really enjoy making these, and will continue to to do them in my free time.
If you guys have any panels in mind that you want to see colored in this fashion, I am open for suggestions.
Also, please give my advice on what I could do to improve :daiba:

I'm pleased that you've chosen some panels that sometimes get overlooked in favor of some of the more "iconic" panels often used Berserk-related art. I would say that you should continue doing that, and you'll be sure to come up with some more surprising/exciting work. :carcus:

JMP said:
Nice and might I say lovely job with the nipple. :carcus:

I'll second that. A very respectable-looking nipple!

Grail said:
I'm a bit mesmerized by this coloring style; the way that you draw from many similar/less saturated colors while having some elements that pop make it impressive to look at (the flame/smoke erupting on Mozgus's body, the Skull Knight's sword being two examples). But even then, you still highlight the black/white contrasts that make the original work so engaging. :ubik:
Great observations and I agree!

JMP said:
Nice and might I say lovely job with the nipple. :carcus:
About that...I was just joking. I hope it didn't come off as creepy! :ganishka: Maybe I shouldn't have used the Corkus face!

Sung to the tune of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face".
ApMIcYI.png

Lithrael said:
I like these too, great mood, subtle. Nice work.

Hearing that form you fills me with joy. I love your colorizations a lot and your tutorial helped me out. Now I started projects where I draw under the lineart.

Grail said:
Cool stuff, Rage! It seems like your experimenting has paid off! :slan: I'm a bit mesmerized by this coloring style; the way that you draw from many similar/less saturated colors while having some elements that pop make it impressive to look at (the flame/smoke erupting on Mozgus's body, the Skull Knight's sword being two examples). But even then, you still highlight the black/white contrasts that make the original work so engaging. :ubik:
Thank you, really a good observation. Those experimaental steps (I just didn't know how coloring is done) of just coloring the lineart helped me setting the mood for new versions I am planning to do now.

gHu67k5.jpg

http://rage-al.deviantart.com/art/Mozgus-flying-to-Heaven-553513115

Yeah... I finished reworking this A LOT. For now I will do panels where a little less is going on, this took me a few days :mozgus:

rage-al said:
this took me a few days :mozgus:
Well, it shows. :ubik: It looks great! You can practically feel the heat off that burning Mozgus. The crowd below looks wonderful, too, excellent attention to detail.

Thanks a lot for your nice feedback, it is most appreciated!

Today I did this drawing of Schierke in my notebook and colored it for a nice new avatar.

aa39MVt.jpg

wpRhR5L.jpg

Top Bottom