The characters' origin

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I was thinking on the nationality or origin that the characters of Berserk can or they could be, with base in the atmosphere in that the history is based, that are the historical facts and the Scandinavian folklore (Grã Bretanha) ! Observing the atmosphere of the places in the mangá and in the animé, I find the landscape (at least the one of Midland) very similar with Scotland, where the mountains Highlands and the earth glides they are the prominence! And before somebody says that Berserk happens in another world and etc, etc........ the history was able very well to happen in the world that we knew, therefore in the times of the Medium Age existed several people, countries and kingdoms that today only found in the history books! That without speaking in the several legends on fairies and demons that believed to exist and to live together among them. For the height and the physical type, I think Gatts is Scottish ! As Caska is of Mediterranean origin I don't know exactly that nationality she would be because Europe, mainly the Grã Bretanha was invaded by several foreigners. Perhaps she is from India or African ! Griffith he has way of being English. Now a thing is sure the apostles and demons did come from the Hell! ;D

OBS: All this there on top are just ideas and non facts, logical ! :)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Hmmmm...

Guts is Dutch, Casca is Spanish, and Griffith is... European. :)

-Griffith

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Dutch Guts? I'd have pegged him as being a berserking German. He looks pretty Germainic to me.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
The very word "berserk" comes from ancient Norse. Quite obviously, Gatsu is Swedish. Quite obviously! >:(

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Kuroi-san said:
Dutch Guts? I'd have pegged him as being a berserking German. He looks pretty Germainic to me.

Looks that way to me as well; the Dutch are a Germanic people. And trust me, Guts is Dutch if he’s anything, it’s a fact. ;)

-Griffith

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Hey, I'm Dutch, too, and I can asure you that Guts is definitely Dutch. In fact, I see him everytime I look in the mirror. :D

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
Mizar said:
Hey, I'm Dutch, too, and I can asure you that Guts is definitely Dutch. In fact, I see him everytime I look in the mirror. :D

Really? people say I look alot like Caska, even though I'm a dude. It might be the whole half american/phillipino thing, with long dark hair.

G

Genn21

Gutts speaks japanese and you how dare you call him dutch :p (everyone speaks japanese !!! Which is not relative if were comparing it to our world), just wait till dark horse renders him to the more tradtional american ethnicity (multiculteral means loveable :) ) ..i beleive Griffith would definatly be Brittish ( long blond hair guys remind me of that if there not pig tailed vikings ) .. also call out judau to being germanic he appears gypsy-ish ,back in those medievil berserk days people didnt wander far from there home lands, i dont want to hear hes not important because hes demon feed

Nadiaska said:
And before somebody says that Berserk happens in another world and etc, etc........ the history was able very well to happen in the world that we knew, therefore in the times of the Medium Age existed several people, countries and kingdoms that today only found in the history books!

The landscape maybe base on the features of scotland, but i m quite sure this story happen in another world. The story and the history is totally different.i dont remember there was a city called midland, and i never heard of the name Gaiseric before in history book etc.

It might simply just happen in other world where story setting was base on the middle ages. And that y in this world there are existence of ghosts, monster, troll etc.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Makkuro said:
Lliugusamui said:
Guts can't be swedish because he's not blond.

???

But I'm Swedish and I'm not blonde.
Well, i had thought right after writing this that not all swedish must be blonde, indeed. I thought someone would make a reflexion ^^
Anyway, Guts looks like a Midlandian, ok ?

T

temporary

Doa Viem said:
Mizar said:

Really? people say I look alot like Caska, even though I'm a dude. It might be the whole half american/phillipino thing, with long dark hair.

ROFL!@#(**!&(#(*&!@#

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Scandinavia consists of Sweden, Norway and Denmark. The Netherlands are a part of mainland Europe.

G

Genn21

:p ever notice theres no asain looking guys in the berserk anime (the japanese seem unfullfilled)

G

Genn21

Walter said:
Genn21 said:
:p ever notice theres no asain looking guys in the berserk anime (the japanese seem unfullfilled)
Do most animes feature japanese looking people?

:D ya acoarse not, i have not seen 1 anime , with asain distinctive features on its people which it portrays as being from japan, most main characters originate from (if not from there, then from space :p)

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
I dunno... the Japanese are hung up over Caucasian people and their big eyes. That's why almost every fricking anime I have ever seen has Caucasian-like people with ridiculously big eyes.

Christ, talking about big eyes in anime reminds me of the surgery to "enlarge" eye size for oriental women.

T

temporary

Genn21 said:
Walter said:
Genn21 said:
Do most animes feature japanese looking people?

:D ya acoarse not, i have not seen 1 anime , with asain distinctive features on its people which it portrays as being from japan, most main characters originate from (if not from there, then from space :p)

urgh, they do look like japs, not berserk, but other animes. dont get me started.

G

Genn21

:) well they do look japanese in the bodilly featuressss, except for the gargantuan large breasts of some anime bimbos and the large eyes and blue & blond hair which i have never seen natrully on a orginal asain person..id say those things they just made up to (im not going to say look better but then again im not going to say anything instead of it:D) normally japanese people have black hair, slim eyes and very athletic and short bodily features, somtimes there are characters in anime who do represent this but certainly not more than 40%...btw 3 more posts i figure till another green beherit !!!! IM PUMPED

I beleive shinji was japanese looking but he went off and killed everyone on earth, so thats a bad representation of society :p

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Bah, Shinji = whiny, snivelling girly boy

I can't recall but didn't he jack off over Asuka's comatose body? Sick... :p

Even in animes featuring Japanese people (ie. Ninja Scroll), the characters still look more Caucasian than Oriental.

Top Bottom