Guts 1/6 Max Factory release on 2016

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4719/Guts.html

and the price is 137,037 JPY...

Orders can be placed between the 6th February 2015 (Fri) from 12:00JST and the 4th March 2015 (Wed) at 21:00JST!
at the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP

:magni:

Suddenly that statue doesn't look so amazing anymore.
I am a poor University student with 2 years of loans to pay off, and a small part time job to do it with.
The 800-1000 benchmark I had anticipated is out the window. Unless I win the lottery, sadly, I shall never see this statue in my home.

Which is a great shame, I still really do love it.... *sigh*

--Also, thank you for the update, Ozuki! I had been meaning to check back on the status of that statue, but I figured I would see it here first. Much appreciated! (Even in the price broke my heart so completely)

skullknight2014 said:
Oh yeah i forgot about the 2000yen shipping price. 150 000 yen. Hmmm still alot of money there
Congrats Sensui! :ubik: Now to wait till 2016 :ganishka:
I doubt that they will sent this monster that cheap. 400mm Art of War statue weights around 9kg. His size is incredible - I mean, 750mm height, I have no space in my apartment for this Godzilla!

Wow, I have to say the price is more than I thought. I remember asking the booth when I saw them at SDCC and NYCC and they projected around $800. But I guess those staff members working the cons don't really make the calls, now do they, lol. Anyhow, still... a part of me feels like they priced it so high because AOW prices their statues so high, and then based their range on that thinking Berserk fans are used to seeing such high price tags. I mean, the statue is 1/6 and monstrous but the positioning of the sword has a lot to do with the height. So even though the statue is pretty awesome, I think it's overpriced.

Now for the FEMTO... THAT one has got me excited!

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
This is really disappointing. I was hoping to finally pick up a Berserk statue (that Femto though!), but I can't do that price. Especially since I'm currently unemployed and a full time grad student. I doubt resale in the future will be any more forgiving.

Congrats to everyone else that snags one. I'm super jealous.

Purchased...

Wont be more expensive than the XM Studio Magneto I just had to grab off ebay for 3.5 K since I missed the Pre order :(

Also Dr. Doom Legendary from Sideshow arrives today, excited ;)
Too many statues not enough room!

Chris.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bruhaha69 said:
Wow, I really wanted to get this one. $1300 +/- is just too high

Ditto. :sad: I agree with DirectDK that it feels a bit like they figured they could overprice it given what Art of War asks for its own products.

I think we all can agree when other companies acquired the license we had a breath of fresh air and hopes of what is to come for berserk merchandise and when I seen the preview my hopes were high... That price tag... dam Deflated real quick. :carcus:

Aazealh said:
Ditto. :sad: I agree with DirectDK that it feels a bit like they figured they could overprice it given what Art of War asks for its own products.

i guess is not fair to blame AOW for the high prices of other companie, each company has their own bussines plan and they act acording to it, if they overpriced that statue its their fault not anyother company

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hubalo said:
i guess is not fair to blame AOW for the high prices of other companie

Of course not, but it's also naive to think the market for Berserk statues did not factor in Max Factory's business strategy. In any case this remains a great piece and it's well worth owning if you can afford it.

Aazealh said:
Of course not, but it's also naive to think the market for Berserk statues did not factor in Max Factory's business strategy. In any case this remains a great piece and it's well worth owning if you can afford it.

its a fool strategy to charge more only because othe company charge alot, knowing that there are many costumers unhappy about those price politics, ususally a company tries to be competitive in price not the other way around,

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hubalo said:
its a fool strategy to charge more only because othe company charge alot, knowing that there are many costumers unhappy about those price politics, ususally a company tries to be competitive in price not the other way around,

You'll get no argument from me on that, but clearly undercutting AoW wasn't their goal here.

Top Bottom