Guts 1/6 Max Factory release on 2016

mf cannot offer a better price just because they cannot control the cost to make a polystone statue, their previous figures are pvc as i know
i guess mf has no experience on manufacturing polystonce statues..
they have another femto to be released, wait and see
the Guts figure will release in next year and the quality of the exact product is also a question..

ozuki said:
mf cannot offer a better price just because they cannot control the cost to make a polystone statue, their previous figures are pvc as i know
i guess mf has no experience on manufacturing polystonce statues..
they have another femto to be released, wait and see
the Guts figure will release in next year and the quality of the exact product is also a question..
You sir are mistaken, they doing a few polystone statues every year and Berserk is the most expensive one so far. For example, 2014's Shingeki Titan was 64.000 JPY (and I was hoping for the same price for Guts): http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4553/The+Colossus+Titan+TAKAYUKI+TAKEYA+Ver.html

Polystone is a really hard material to work with and it is damn expensive thing, I think half of statues costs coming from materials and acrylic paints.

rayhato said:
You sir are mistaken, they doing a few polystone statues every year and Berserk is the most expensive one so far. For example, 2014's Shingeki Titan was 64.000 JPY (and I was hoping for the same price for Guts): http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4553/The+Colossus+Titan+TAKAYUKI+TAKEYA+Ver.html

Polystone is a really hard material to work with and it is damn expensive thing, I think half of statues costs coming from materials and acrylic paints.

oh thanks for the information! sorry for the stupid mistake :schnoz:

Well, all we can do is stick to our principles and not buy it. I made that mistake with AoW for years and I won't repeat it with Good Smile or Max Factory. As cool as that statue is, I will not be giving them this ridiculous amount of cash for it. I just hope other collectors get into the same mindset over time. I know from experience how easy it is to justify the cost when you want something badly enough. No more for me, though.

bruhaha69 said:
Well, all we can do is stick to our principles and not buy it. I made that mistake with AoW for years and I won't repeat it with Good Smile or Max Factory. As cool as that statue is, I will not be giving them this ridiculous amount of cash for it. I just hope other collectors get into the same mindset over time. I know from experience how easy it is to justify the cost when you want something badly enough. No more for me, though.

Agreed with everything you mentioned.

totally forgot this one is releasing this month i guess there is little interest for it (maybe due to price?)... just got charged for the statue anybody else?

wenjamin said:
totally forgot this one is releasing this month i guess there is little interest for it (maybe due to price?)... just got charged for the statue anybody else?

Same here. I saw the fully painted prototype at New York Comic Con last year. If it's anything like that, it's gonna be epic as hell.

Price wise, it's pretty on par with AOW, but this statue is much bigger. I'm more excited for the Femto one though. I emailed them about it a month ago because preorders haven't gone up yet and they replied "Sorry we have no information for you at this time" lol.

Mine was charged also....honestly am not so upset about the price and more interested to see what kind of quality GSC will muster up with this kind of budget. I guess AOW has broken me in to this type of pricing for Berserk merchandise hah. Looking forward to it.

I saw some pictures posted at myfigurecollection

AUk2HRG.jpg

TyIVKob.jpg

76TPHiG.jpg

CTdASfS.jpg

Did anyone receive this already? Thoughts?
I just saw some pics of the final product and it really seems that the paint job is too "standard" for that price... :judo:

Here's mine. Uploaded some quick pics from my phone: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ygmccuvqmypkmzx/AABKpzO7U1ePtjtNeW-Grwj0a?dl=0

Packaging: Excellent packaging!!! The box is nice, and as seen in the pics, there is a belt around the styrofoam container so it's very easy to remove the box from the outer box. Also, the statue comes in separate pieces, and from the way everything was padded, it seems like everything is pretty safe. Plus it being a big scale, nothing seems super fragile.
*UPDATE: I guess I was a lucky one. 3 people here (and counting) received broken statues so maybe the packaging isn't as safe as I thought!

Assembly: Comes in 4 parts: base + lower body, upper body, right arm + sword, left arm. All parts snap in very smoothly and tight, along with very strong magnets inside. It was a breeze putting it together. Great job.

Sculpt: Well, I am sorry to say that the face isn't as good as it can be. In terms of likeness, it's no better than AOW's faces, and we have established already that AOW's faces are the part that needs the most improvement. However, at least the face isn't ugly like some of AOW's. It's just really the likeness that is lacking. Everything else about the sculpt is great. Love the pose, love the size, etc.

Paint: I can definitely say that AOW's paint jobs are much better than this one, though it can be seen more like a preference thing. This paint job is super clean. It's more in line with standard anime statues out there. Clean lines, minimal weathering, etc. If you look at his cape, it's super smooth with no detailing. Just one solid color. The blood work and the sword are pretty plain. Nothing really stands out. I tend to like really weathered, more realistic paint jobs (which AOW does quite well for prepainted statues) so I think if someone were to repaint this bad boy it could be amazing. With such a big scale, there can be so much more detail.

So overall, I have mixed feelings. It's an expensive piece, comparable to AOW in terms of pricing, but it lacks the AOW artisan skill. The face isn't offensive though, and the pose is more exciting than AOW's standard stuff. Overall, I'm glad to have this in my collection but it's not a show stopper.

What I'm really looking forward to is Max Factory's Femto. That one is sure to be amazing.

A bit disappointing from your pictures. I'll put mine together and see if it's worth displaying....the face is.....let's just say it's at the bottom of the barrel for acceptability....I think it is offensive from your pics but I'll see in person. Paint job isn't as crafty as AOW's but it certainly is nothing to scoff @...the size and scale is very nice indeed. Can't believe GSC messed this one up bad on the face, maybe this is what Guts will look like in the new anime? lol.

super fucking upset

came with the right arm broken and separated from the right hand + dragonslayer

paint chip damage on his cape and apostle's head

haven't even looked at it since

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
Thank you very much for the pics DirectDK.

Love the dynamic pose. Not a bad statue by any means, but I'm not overly bummed out to have missed this one.

Super- Send that chit back man, it's too expensive to accept damaged goods

Mine is worse, I think their packaging design needs work. Mine came rattling (bad sign) and the base with his lower torso is broken off from the base in 3 spots. Contacted them hope they take care of this quickly.

Damn... So sorry to hear sensui and Super. =( I felt like their packaging was pretty good, but clearly it's not if there are 2 cases on here that are all messed up. They REALLY should replace them for you. Please keep us posted.

Mine was also broken when I got it; the legs were broken off the base. Thankfully after contacting Goodsmile and sending some pictures they sent me a replacement base.

It's now one of my favorite statues, I just love the dynamic pose and gruesome base.

RickP said:
Mine was also broken when I got it; the legs were broken off the base. Thankfully after contacting Goodsmile and sending some pictures they sent me a replacement base.

It's now one of my favorite statues, I just love the dynamic pose and gruesome base.

How long did this process take? I haven't heard back and is curious.....thanks.

Well I sent the first e-mail on the 12th and got the replacement on the 27th but it would have been roughly a week faster if I had contacted my post office sooner.

Akebobo said:
Thank you very much for the pics DirectDK.

Love the dynamic pose. Not a bad statue by any means, but I'm not overly bummed out to have missed this one.

Super- Send that chit back man, it's too expensive to accept damaged goods

yeah, I'm in contact with them, seems like they're replacing it atm. all four pieces turned out damaged

sensui said:
How long did this process take? I haven't heard back and is curious.....thanks.

They replied back to me really quickly ... but still waiting to finalize at the moment..

RickP said:
Well I sent the first e-mail on the 12th and got the replacement on the 27th but it would have been roughly a week faster if I had contacted my post office sooner.

They asked me to notify my local post office to claim insurance, I'm a bit confused (never done this before) and asked for clarification, they still haven't gotten back to me. What did you say when you contacted your post office?

Lucky you Super I haven't even gotten that far. It took them almost a week to respond to my initial email requesting proof of purchase and receipt/order #. Now it's been another 4 days with no reply. If this takes too long the credit card company will give them the axe.....never seen such horrid service.

Top Bottom