Guts 1/6 Max Factory release on 2016

They asked me to notify my local post office to claim insurance, I'm a bit confused (never done this before) and asked for clarification, they still haven't gotten back to me. What did you say when you contacted your post office?
[/quote]

I just told them the statue was broken, they asked a few questions regarding its value etc... and they gave me a confirmation number. Once I emailed GSC they gave me a tracking number the same day. This is canada post btw so your mileage may vary but I'm guessing the process will be the same.

Well I've waited for over 2 weeks now with no resolution. Just 3 emails of which apologizing, confirming my order number and shipping address and telling me to wait. My last inquiry has not had a response from them in 5 days. I am filing a credit card reverse charge and telling them if they want their "limited" gem, they can send me a label and get take it back. I'm sick of seeing the packaging and broken statue sitting on my workbench every day I go to work and come home with no resolution. Hope you guys has had better luck but I'm not having any of this for something I paid this much for and was already irritated @ the way the face came out.

Hey guys, I received my replacement statue and am glad it's fully intact and not broken.

Before I even talk about any other aspects of the product, I'm wondering with those that do have it (DirectDK, RickP), are your bases curved like mine:

See imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/pJtPf

As you can see the base does not sit flat at all. It appears that I had the same issue on the broken statue, but I'm wondering if it only happened to me or was this an issue on all statues?

Very worried about the long term issues that this may present.

Also, RickP and sensui, do you have any photos of the version you received with the broken lower torso? If I ever repack mine to move/sell I want to make sure it doesn't happen to me...

Finally sensui, it took me quite a long time (about a month) to get a resolution... did GSC end up replying to you?

Super said:
Hey guys, I received my replacement statue and am glad it's fully intact and not broken.

Before I even talk about any other aspects of the product, I'm wondering with those that do have it (DirectDK, RickP), are your bases curved like mine:

See imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/pJtPf

Hey Super. Glad to hear you got your replacement and that all is in good shape. Must have been a nightmare being in limbo for so long. As for the curved base, unfortunately, I packed mine back up already and put it in storage. My current apartment just doesn't have enough display space for all the collectibles I own, let alone a giant one like this one. Hopefully someone else can check theirs for you.

However, I don't see that as being a problem in the long run. If anything, it may warp back to it being flat. I don't think it'll crack if that's what you are worried about.

Hope everyone else gets their replacement soon too ~~

DirectDK said:
Hey Super. Glad to hear you got your replacement and that all is in good shape. Must have been a nightmare being in limbo for so long. As for the curved base, unfortunately, I packed mine back up already and put it in storage. My current apartment just doesn't have enough display space for all the collectibles I own, let alone a giant one like this one. Hopefully someone else can check theirs for you.

However, I don't see that as being a problem in the long run. If anything, it may warp back to it being flat. I don't think it'll crack if that's what you are worried about.

Hope everyone else gets their replacement soon too ~~

Yeah it was pretty annoying, but glad it's sorted now!

No worries, thanks for taking your time to reply :)

After 33 days and 1 replacement also broken in the same spot, they have finally issued me a refund for the statue.....obviously defective packaging, identical breakage in the same spots. Least I didn't have to pay for this face.....

IMG_20160317_173611_zpsyrbrzkde.jpg

IMG_20160317_173616_zpshe7b8iqu.jpg

It's a shame to hear that there has been so much misfortune and bad luck with this statue! While I cannot afford it, (I collect more tattoos than I do statues now) I have admired it since it was announced, and it breaks my heart to see that it was packaged so poorly! (Pun not intended...) :judo:

Working in a comic shop and collecting my own statues, I am aware of the investment and know all to well the heartbreak that comes when a statue is greeted with an unfriendly angle it was not designed to withstand.

I am sorry for all of those who have experienced this heartbreak (again, pun not intended), and I hope that the company will continue to support those who have been affected by this with patience and understanding -- and learn from their mistakes for the future!

Please do continue to keep this forum updated with any progress that has been made, and thank you for those who have shared thus far! It is one I have been following since the first post.

Top Bottom