Guts vs Zodd, Hill of sword, man vs beast

Who would have won the battle at the hill of sword if Guts had both arms

• Guts

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Zodd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If Guts could defend so well vs Zodd and even fight back, I wonder with double the muscle power, how would the battle have ended?

I believe although his cannon is powerful, its a one time thing and Zodd might be to fast to fall for that trick.

Now if Guts can block Zodd one-handed, imagine what he can do with two arms!

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Why does everyone overestimate the power of Guts' right arm? The nature of his injury allows him to use most of the significant strength in his left arm.

The cannon has more then made up for that forearm on a number of occasions.

You dont seriously think that he may apply strong pressuse with his cannon arm do you? Ok for punching, but holding a sword?

The way I see it its as if you tried wielding a sword with 1 arm and the other hand holding a fork!

Even though he has a magnet in his cannon arm and a pretty ingenious spring system he still lacks handling and he could have better leverage with a full arm.

In not way can a prostetic arm replace a real one when it comes to strength and maneurability.

Majin_Tenshi

His arm stops far enough down the elbow that he still has full use of his upper arm and shoulder, the main muscle sets used in wielding a large sword.

The prostetic is very well secured.

The magnet was put in with the POURPOSE of holding a sword.

If the prostetic doesn't hold onto the sword very well, how does the cannon tornado combo work?

All that the prostetic costs Guts is wrist mobility.

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
And from memory, during the battle on the Hill of Swords Guts uses his prostetic arm to actually block or shield himself from Zodd's sword doesn't he? A move that I doubt would have been as successful had he still had his real arm ;D. Not to mention, is there any other way at the time he could have countered it?

Plus, having steal there as apposed to flesh and bone has helped if not saved Guts on quite afew occasions, no?

Gatts0800

If you have an ass I will kick it!
If Gatts did not have his fake arm he would have had a really hard time fighting any of the apostles. For instance in vol 3 Gatts right hand is broken so he uses his sword with his teeth and his left prostetic arm. Although if he were wearing a gauntlet he would still be able to do all the things that he has done with the prostetic arm. However, he wouldn't have that edge when it comes to the cannon. So in other words it would have ended the same if Gatts stil had his left arm.

The Blackswordsman said:
If Guts could defend so well vs Zodd and even fight back, I wonder with double the muscle power, how would the battle have ended?

I believe although his cannon is powerful, its a one time thing and Zodd might be to fast to fall for that trick.

Now if Guts can block Zodd one-handed, imagine what he can do with two arms!

I feel that Gutz was stronger with his mechanical arm, he killed most of the apostles using his cannon. In the battle with Zodd, it wouldnt really help much if his real arm were there becz he will still wield his sword with both of his arms. Dont forget his mechanical arms can act like a shield to block deadly blow from Zodd, and he hvt use his cannon yet. :D

*100th* posts

Majin Tenshi said:
His arm stops far enough down the elbow that he still has full use of his upper arm and shoulder, the main muscle sets used in wielding a large sword.

The prostetic is very well secured.

The magnet was put in with the POURPOSE of holding a sword.
Very secure? Ok, let me put it this way: do you think Guts could wield the Dragon Slayer using only his mechanical arm? If not as well a his real arm then it pretty much proves my point.

If the prostetic doesn't hold onto the sword very well, how does the cannon tornado combo work?

All that the prostetic costs Guts is wrist mobility.
While his doing the tornado combo he holds the sword with his real hand, his prostetic arm is only used as a propulsion system!

Wrist mobility and a good grip! You say it as if wrist mobility is not important.

I didn't think about wearing a gauntlet as Gatts0800 suggested, but Guts probably wouldn't have to make so many desparete blocks with 2 real arms because he could be even more on the offensive.

You guys are relying to much on the canon, its not a 100% thing (not effective vs fast opponent) and don't forget its all about fighting vs Zodd at the hill of sword.

Majin_Tenshi

For the cannon combo, guts uses both hands.

@ reasons that Guts doesn't use his mech arm to wield the DS.
1. He is right handed.
2. the left hand doesn't have much wrist mobility.

lol
this thread is hilarious ;D ;D
do you really think Gatts would swing the Dragon slayer worse with to hands?

I have a katan and swing it much better with one hand but thats a katan, and i dont think i have so much power in the swings when am only using one hand.
i also have a really big sword (8 kg) and if i try to swing it with one hand its only basic swings and very slow.
My point is you swing a big sword much better with to hands.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I don't think Guts having two real arms as opposed to one would've made much of a difference in the fight against Zodd. Besides, that arm has come in handy a few times too many to just be thrown out of the picture like it's not important.

Is it really that difficult to face the fact that Zodd was just stronger?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
kimchan said:
I don't think Guts having two real arms as opposed to one would've made much of a difference in the fight against Zodd. Besides, that arm has come in handy a few times too many to just be thrown out of the picture like it's not important.

Is it really that difficult to face the fact that Zodd was just stronger?
I thought so too for a long time. But go back and look at the 2 chapters they fight in. Guts not only defends really well, he gets in several really painful hits. All Zodd does is swat Guts when he isn't looking.

If anything, it was an even match.

T

temporary

Majin Tenshi said:
Why does everyone overestimate the power of Guts' right arm? The nature of his injury allows him to use most of the significant strength in his left arm.

The cannon has more then made up for that forearm on a number of occasions.

Actually, his mechanical arm works as a better fulcrum, giving him better leaverage thus allowing him to make more stronger, accurate swings with less effort.

This is truly uncanny, how can so many of you think that Guts prostetic arm is as efficient (or even better as UrashimaSenpai put it) that a real arm when it comes to weilding the Dragon Slayer?

We all know Guts can hold and fight with only his real arm holding the DS, but no matter what is being said, no one can prove that he can weild the DS with just his mechanical arm in a normal fight.

Hey, maybe a prostetic leg will make him run faster with less effort!
Why not give Zodd a fake arm while we're at it, maybe that will make him stronger!
Or even better let give Guts 2 prostetic arms then he will become invicible!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but all I'm saying is because he could defend AND fight back, Guts might have had an easier time fighting with 2 real arms for this perticular fight.

if you disagree please dont tell me its because his fake arm is just as good as a replacement for a real one. Has there ever been a case of a prostetic member being better than a real one?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
The Blackswordsman said:
if you disagree please dont tell me its because his fake arm is just as good as a replacement for a real one. Has there ever been a case of a prostetic member being better than a real one?

Luke Skywalker.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Here's another:

Captain Hook, mainly for name value and such, I mean "Captain Has-both-hands" doesn't exactly sound menacing now does it.

Majin_Tenshi

The Blackswordsman said:
Hey, maybe a prostetic leg will make him run faster with less effort!
Why not give Zodd a fake arm while we're at it, maybe that will make him stronger!
Or even better let give Guts 2 prostetic arms then he will become invicible!

The leg idea doesn't work. The ankle is key to running. On such a huge sword, the wrist doesn't help much.

I think the cannon makes up for whatever the prostetic lacks in the long run.

Majin Tenshi said:
I think the cannon makes up for whatever the prostetic lacks in the long run.

The cannon provide great advantages over Gutz enemies. Without this prostetic arm, he would hav faced more difficulty in killing his enemies.

The cannon provide great advantages over Gutz enemies. Without this prostetic arm, he would hav faced more difficulty in killing his enemies.
the cannon suck!!!
why?
he can only fire one shot and he cant kill his enemis with it.

The only "real" battel Gats had any use of his cannon was in the battel with Roshinu all the other battels he could have killed the enemy much easier with two hands.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Mokred2 said:
the cannon suck!!!
why?

The only "real" battel Gats had any use of his cannon was in the battel with Roshinu all the other battels he could have killed the enemy much easier with two hands.

Well, there was also that apostle at the very beginning of the manga.

I like to think of the cannon as more of a "desperation, last resort" weapon, since it only has one shot and seems to be more effective at close range. But it's neat. 8)

i think you'ur all overlooking the fact that in battle guts prosthetic arm acts as his real arm.. my therory is like the sword guts has created a strong bond with his mechanical arm (remeber the interstince) guts exists between two worlds and his ability to control objectrs he's around long enough increases, pay attention when guts is reaching out to Casca and when he is talking to Zodd, his hand is relaxed like a normal hand unlike the fake hand he has whenever he isnt in battle, thus Guts has full control it's just he doesnt realize it.

Mokred2 said:
the cannon suck!!!
why?

Ya the cannon suck... but dun forget without his cannon when he aimed at Femto, he would be dragged to hell in vol3. So think again, does it really save him life occasionally???

G

Genn21

:D Gutts vs Zodd who would win, Man not alot of gutts fans in the house Gutts tho would beat the crap out of zodd sure zodds big and buff and goat like (bbbaaaaaa) Zodd got lucky , gutts has a iron right arm and it's well secured enough that it would count as a 2nd comparible arm to his old one (plus its metal w a magnet) sure his old arm was flesh and muscle tough and stuff , his new one its stable steel that can controll that sword movement alot better than bone and flesh, its a tactical short range weapon man, thx to no1# godo, zodd may have had a chance in the past but with gutts new toys hell cut through zodd like a %#@#in papaya :eek: ( i demand a rematch)

Zodd became a sissy after watching gutts blow through the ecplise

Garouken

I'm a llama!
I for one think that the mechanical arm gives Gatts a slight edge. Why? Read the Golden age arc. Read the Kuroi Kenshi arc. Did you Gatts do anything in the Golden age that he couldn't seem to do afterwards? No. While it may not be realistic, the prosthetic arm does everything his old arm could do, but now it has a built in cannon and crossbow mount.

Also, he seems to be able to control his wrist just fine. If you look back to chapter 23(or 24?), he uses his left hand to hold down Caska with little difficulty.

Fact of the matter is, Gatts roxors either way.

Top Bottom