Berserk Climbing the Charts on Amazon

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As of this post, the Dark Horse edition of Berserk Vol. 1 is in the Top 5 selling manga on Amazon (vols 2-3 are in the top 20), and in the top 5,000 books sold.

http://i.imgur.com/hub51I4.png (found via Reddit)

This surge in popularity could be due to the recent release of the Berserk: Golden Age I movie on Netflix streaming.

I can see how the Netflix release of the first movie can increase the popularity. I, myself, was very excited to see it show up on my recommended movie list! Berserk certainly deserves the attention of the Netflix audience!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Wow awesome! Any casual person with interest should be completely hooked by the first volume.

Wow, pretty awesome! I thought the movies could have been a lot better, but maybe they'll at least serve to bring more fans to the manga, where they can experience Berserk's true greatness. :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JMP said:
Wow, pretty awesome! I thought the movies could have been a lot better, but maybe they'll at least serve to bring more fans to the manga, where they can experience Berserk's true greatness. :ubik:

That being said, if I had seen those movies with no previous exposure to Berserk, I'd never have investigated the series further.

Netflix + Screw Attack Death Battle has given Berserk a tad more attention lately. The topic of Berserk has been brought up several times over at Neogaf and a lot of fighting game community members are also interested due to that Death Battle.

This is very good yet bizarre considering that the DB spoiled a truckload!

Walter said:
That being said, if I had seen those movies with no previous exposure to Berserk, I'd never have investigated the series further.

The movies were pretty bad. I think it would have definitely been easy to dismiss Berserk if you were going only on them. They might have been enough to get me to check into the series since I like the medieval subject matter and movies have such a reputation for not doing the books they're based on justice. Assuming the movies are the reason for the increase in sales for the manga, they must be enough to make some people curious at least. Maybe the movies don't seem as bad if you haven't already read the books. It was hard for me to view them objectively since I had already read the part of the manga they covered when I watched them.

Top Bottom