Something new for Berserk Fans: The Berserk Piano Anthology

Hello. First and foremost, thanks for accepting my membership to the forum. I had just discovered Berserk last year in February 2014, when I was going through a tough time, finishing university and unsure of my future. I have to say it inspired me. It just so happens that I was also doing a humongous music project for the piano at the time. I've been transcribing soundtrack and other music that no one has ever done before, and in my 21 years of being a pianist, I was looking for something difficult and fun to do. The music of Susumu Hirasawa and Shiro Sagisu really hit me hard, its brilliant. So I made room in my schedule to accommodate a Berserk project. This piano anthology is nearly all the themes of Berserk transcribed, played, and recorded by myself in my little studio at home. I hope you enjoy it. I know Miura is very patient in releasing his work, so perhaps this will keep your interest for a little bit.

Here is the link. Any criticisms, requests, comments, are welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXTOHSQ-RI

Hi there!

Well, I've got to confess I found the length to be a bit daunting. I did watch the first 20 minutes so far. It's interesting viewing Berserk images accompanied by piano music! Kind of evoked the feeling of a memory at times. Also made me think of those old time silent movie theaters where the film would have a pianist playing the music. :serpico: Your playing is really good! :ubik: Sometimes the images felt a little disjointed to me. Particularly in the opening song they just seemed a bit random at times. After that they seem to have a better flow and I do like your choice of images in some places. Guess this probably wasn't all that helpful, but those were my impressions. Welcome to the forum! :guts:

Update: I finished watching/listening. Your choice of songs and your execution of them fit the scenes very well. The music really carried me along through the narrative. Your choice of images through most of this is good. The ending is a bit random, image-wise, but I'm sure you're aware of that.
I can tell that a lot of heart went into making this and it shows. You are a talented pianist! I really enjoyed this. Thank you! :ubik:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I haven't listened to the entire thing yet (it really is impressively huge!), but I'm looking forward to enjoying this at work tomorrow. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. :casca:

Thank you all for your kind words, and I am glad that you enjoyed it. I was rushed in making the video portion, so the images are not 100% what I originally intended it to be. As for the end, well, I decided that since no official animation has ever been made after the end of the golden age arc, I would just espouse some of the artwork from the covers of the manga.

I certainly hope there is more berserk to be made in the future, especially animation covers so that we can hear more of the wonderful music of Susumu and Shiro.

Top Bottom