Brigandine and Dragon Force

Brigandine for the PSX and Dragon Force for the Saturn...

Has anyone from this site played them?
If so, are they your favorite games ever like mine.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I played Dragon Force back in the '90s. I actually still have my Saturn and copy of the game (I think). Pretty fucking incredible, and there's not been anything really like it since. I was never able to beat it. At a certain point, the enemy armies became so huge that I would get worn down, even with good tactics.

I've never played to Brigandine... but damn, Dragon Force... How many hours did I spent on this jewel back in the days ? :guts:
Such a good game, I still have my copy and I've finished it a few times with different characters (my favourite were Wein and Mikhal);
the musics, the attacks/magics, the last bosses and the battle against Marduk (Madruk in the US version), etc... just awesome.
Dragon Force 2 (only released in Japan) was very good too, the character design was excellent as well.
I could spend hours talking about how much I LOVE the Saturn... Panzer Dragoon Orta/Saga, the Shining Force III series, so many great games...

Walter said:
I played Dragon Force back in the '90s. I actually still have my Saturn and copy of the game (I think). Pretty fucking incredible, and there's not been anything really like it since. I was never able to beat it. At a certain point, the enemy armies became so huge that I would get worn down, even with good tactics.

So Brigandine is like Dragon Force in that you have to conquer castles and the layout is like it but the battles unfold more like Shining Force.

As for Dragon Force. I have beaten it with every character. The game sells for over 100 bucks now. The most common tactics of absolute cheese are...

Disburse your army right away and then stop them after 2 secs....they will be wide enough for your specials to clear out the stuff in front of you but also avoid the sonic waves of the opposing army. After enemy general uses his special. You also should give every general a Sam. and Drag. Crest and abuse Dragons for the start until the end where everyone should have Samarais.

The easiest way to cheese the game is either play as Tieries since every army joins you basically.

or

Play with all your mages that have meteor storm.
Mages keep shooting while spell animations are going so if you let your mages attack until the army is right on you...than cast meteor storm...even armies of 100 dragons get destroyed.

But I recommend that you try Brigandine if you like Dragon force and Shining Force.

best way to cheese is with mages but have them stop right before the enemy general and have them shoot them to death or dragons either works! I too have both the game and saturn still, best system ever!!

Top Bottom