SK is a Half-Elf

It is obvious that Skull Knight is Half Elf or something just like Pikaf. As you know the previous owner of the Berserker armor(SK) "died" as stated by Schierke. But I believe that he didn't die but was on the verge of death and had to be transformed into a Half-Elf (just like Pikaf) so that he wouldn't die. This would explain why Puck felt Skull Knight was a fairy/elf. And to add to that, do you remember volume 9 when SK was introduced a year before the Eclipse? He predicted that Guts would be in the abyss of despair with a broken sword, clearly he predicted what would happen and this is not the only instance of him predicting the future. Now in vol. 37 Schierke states that there are elves who can discern fate over time.... this would explain SK's ability to predict the future :D Please share your thoughts on this.

hearTes said:
It is obvious that Skull Knight is Half Elf or something just like Pikaf. As you know the previous owner of the Berserker armor(SK) "died" as stated by Schierke. But I believe that he didn't die but was on the verge of death and had to be transformed into a Half-Elf (just like Pikaf) so that he wouldn't die. This would explain why Puck felt Skull Knight was a fairy/elf. And to add to that, do you remember volume 9 when SK was introduced a year before the Eclipse? He predicted that Guts would be in the abyss of despair with a broken sword, clearly he predicted what would happen and this is not the only instance of him predicting the future. Now in vol. 37 Schierke states that there are elves who can discern fate over time.... this would explain SK's ability to predict the future :D Please share your thoughts on this.

This should be in the speculation section. And I doubt Skull Knight is a giant elf man. That feels like a really weird reveal. More than likely he's a hollow set of magic armor inhabited by the Spirit or Essence of Gaeseric, kept alive by some type of elf magic. There's precedence that indicates that he's hollow.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
hearTes said:
It is obvious that Skull Knight is Half Elf or something just like Pikaf.

Pikaf is a character from a children's story. There's nothing suggesting he actually existed. And in fact, the details of his story aren't reflected by what we know about the Berserk world.

This would explain why Puck felt Skull Knight was a fairy/elf.

Or he was sensing SK's armor, which likely came from the elves, just as Guts' Berserk Armor did (dwarves are Elves in Berserk).

And to add to that, do you remember volume 9 when SK was introduced a year before the Eclipse? He predicted that Guts would be in the abyss of despair with a broken sword, clearly he predicted what would happen and this is not the only instance of him predicting the future. Now in vol. 37 Schierke states that there are elves who can discern fate over time.... this would explain SK's ability to predict the future

Or he knows someone with these capabilities.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hearTes said:
Please share your thoughts on this.

Hello hearTes, and welcome to the forum! I think ApostleBob and Walter have covered all that needs to be said, and I have to concur with them that your theory simply has no ground. Don't take it too badly though, these things can happen!

ApostleBob said:
There's precedence that indicates that he's hollow.

To clarify how we know that this is likely, on several occasions when he eats beherits, the sound effect is that of dropping something into an empty metal garbage can. I believe its Clata-Clata. This can also be coupled with the fact that he swallows his broad sword to enhance it with the beherits, something that wouldn't be possible if a man were in the armor.

Why do we think it's Gaeseric? The tale told by Charlotte heavily implies it, and Slan refers to him as "Your Majesty", and Zodd says he's opposed the God Hand for 1000 years, which fits the timeline.

So would "Ka-Rang" suggest his armor is empty?
Anyway, I made this theory while I was pondering the reason why Miura felt the need to put Pikaf's story in the manga, I'm sure it was more than just to fill a few pages with content lol :p
Also wondering about that horse, it has the same eyes as SK :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
hearTes said:
Anyway, I made this theory while I was pondering the reason why Miura felt the need to put Pikaf's story in the manga, I'm sure it was more than just to fill a few pages with content lol :p

Pikaf's story is inserted where it is it helps us understand Rochine's mindset as a child. She identifies with it, as a fellow "outcast."

I wouldn't make too much of that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hearTes said:
So would "Ka-Rang" suggest his armor is empty?

Yes, it's the sound of the beherit hitting a metallic surface.

hearTes said:

The tale is there to illustrate Rochine and Jill's story. That chapter of the manga is inspired by fairy tales, so it's only fitting that it would feature one of its own.

hearTes said:

And has supernatural powers as well. It probably underwent the same treatment.

Well this might be a bit off topic but how long have you both been following the series?

If you've been following since before the Eclipse, how did it feel when those episodes (72-94) were being released? Just curious.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
hearTes said:
Well this might be a bit off topic but how long have you both been following the series?

I started reading Berserk episodically in 2000, which was the Vol 20 era.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hearTes said:

I came in a bit after Walter. My first brush with the series was in 2000 (through the TV series) but I only really got into it in 2002, around volume 23.

To have been reading the series back when the Eclipse occurred you'd have to be Japanese.

Top Bottom