How Many People Did You Get Into Berserk?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Given SKnet's long history, it'd be hard for me to know, honestly...

In person though? Probably 2 or 3. I'm not much of an evangelist (except for the Wire, why haven't you watched it yet?), and I tend not to push series unless someone explicitly asks about it.

None! Most of the people I know wouldn't understand the series at all. They'd probably flip through a few pages and then start worrying that I was becoming a devil worshiper. :mozgus: LOL I keep my Berserk on the downlow. That's one reason I was so happy to find this forum! :guts:

Because of the nature of my job (working at a comic book store [that also sells Manga]) I'd like to think that I have made an impact and talked my fare share of people into reading it. I have been preaching the gospel of Berserk since I started working there over a year ago, so I hope I've helped people get into it! :mozgus:

I do know that I've gathered the local community around the store, simply because I'm so open and enthusiastic about talking about Berserk, people come into the store just to talk with me about it! :guts:

One person (who I think I can say for sure) and he's up to volume 10 or 11. He was in the middle of recording for his band and temporarily held off reading more of it.

Most of my friends read American comic books and it's interesting to hear about those kind of stories. When asked, I talk about a few manga series that interest me, Berserk being one of them and casually mention how the manga begins, offering to lend my volumes if they'd be interested in reading the series. If I don't hear from them, no harm done. I'm not the kinda guy who'll shove Berserk down anyone's throat or be pushy about it, reminding someone to check it out if they haven't already. Personally speaking, I tend to shy away from pushed-on recommendations.

Top Bottom