Hirasawa Susumu Interview about His Role in Movies

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
When I first came across this interview, I thought I'd read it before, but nope! Some neat stuff to be found about the man's thoughts on Berserk and Miura:

http://hirasawalyrics.tumblr.com/post/25712429750/susumu-hirasawa-aria-interview

Interesting interview! Thanks for sharing. :serpico:

The part about how he was offered the job is great. '"Miura-sensei said, “We’ve finally decided to do it, so…”, and I replied, “Ah, that’s right”. In that way, through a very natural course of events, I accepted the offer."' I really like that. :guts:

Interesting why he chose not to use any real language in the lyrics of the theme song, too. That's pretty cool.

I can definitely relate to what he says about the appeal of Berserk as far as the balance of light and dark in the story and the freedom of expression that exists in it. Those are big reasons I like it, too, along with the great story line, artwork, and character development!

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Thanks for sharing, Walter! This was a nice read. I have to say, I really appreciate that Miura gives Hirasawa complete freedom to compose. A lot of times the composer has to be subservient to the vision of the director/creator. I think it's awesome that Miura has so much faith (justifiably so) in Hirasawa's work to let him do what he wants.

After learning that Hirasawa is a vocalist as well as a composer, I can't help but wonder if he did the singing for Guts in the original show. The singer sounds pretty much like some of the singing I heard Hirasawa do on youtube. Does anybody know if he did the vocals for the Berserk soundtrack?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
metime00 said:
After learning that Hirasawa is a vocalist as well as a composer, I can't help but wonder if he did the singing for Guts in the original show. The singer sounds pretty much like some of the singing I heard Hirasawa do on youtube. Does anybody know if he did the vocals for the Berserk soundtrack?

Yes, he did do the vocals for that soundtrack.

Top Bottom