Is the Brand of Sacrifice useless now?

Now that the physical and astral worlds have been merged, does that render the Brand of Sacrifice useless? The Interstice I believe no longer exists as the worlds are one....
The only way I see it being of use is if the worlds haven't completely merged, that way maybe they could access even deeper layers...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
We don't know how it works in this new world. Guts said that the sensation of the brand changed shortly after Fantasia's tidal wave.

But the primary function of the brand remains: It dooms its bearers souls to the Vortex of Souls.

A bit off topic but when the God Hand appear during the Eclipse, they appear as Giants and then shrink.
Could their Giant size represent the amount of evil(power) they have? Just like how Ganishka became so big after absorbing a ridiculous amount of evil.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
hearTes said:
A bit off topic but when the God Hand appear during the Eclipse, they appear as Giants and then shrink.
Could their Giant size represent the amount of evil(power) they have? Just like how Ganishka became so big after absorbing a ridiculous amount of evil.

Their hugeness is likely meant to emphasize their power. Which kind of underscores why Femto's incarnation into a teeny, tiny, physical body was such a big deal.

I'm curious to know how the brand is going to work once on elfhelm. Now that the worlds are merged is it really the going to be the place where evil can't touch them? Some how I do not see Guts casting off Flora's necklace given to Casca for protection stopping Shierke from doing her protection symbols over his brand.

Now that the physical and astral worlds have been merged, does that render the Brand of Sacrifice useless?

it hurts the brander like hell still when evil creatures are in proximity still, so I would say the brand still has it's problems for the branded.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vixen Comics said:
Some how I do not see Guts casting off Flora's necklace given to Casca for protection stopping Schierke from doing her protection symbols over his brand.

Indeed, but I think those things were only meant to carry them along their journey to Elfhelm. It's a safe bet that they'll have access to other equipment and talismans in Elfhelm for the future. At the very least, Azan's going to need more than his quarterstaff :daiba:

Top Bottom