How bout the Best animes!!

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
I posted the worst animes to find out which of my 300 bucks not spend on now which should anime series should I buy?

I have hellsing, Berserk (OF COURSE), Twilight of Darkmaster. Legends of Crystania, Cowboy bebop, and my favorite Vampire hunter D. Also don't you think someone should make ff7 into an anime???!!! It would own!

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
AKIRA and X for me.

I've only seen about a dozen Japanimation films and Akira was the first...I also liked Ninja Scroll. X had an interesting storyline and some serious gore.

I like that.

Lady Griffith

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Berserk, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Rurouni Kenshin OVA 1 (Reminiscence) and Angel Sanctuary.

Berserk is the best, of course.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
TV Series:

1. Berserk (duh)
2. Escaflowne
3. Slayers

OVA:

1. Furikuri (FLCL)
2. Gunbuster
3. Tenchi Muyô (only the first)

Movies:

1. Laputa
2. Mononoke Hime
3. Kiki (Ghibli-mania!)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Hmm...

Practically anything from Studio Ghibli (Miyazaki and the like), Serial Experiments Lain, X (TV), Iria: Zeiram the Animation, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I can't remember (sorry, I'm not much help. :-[)

T

temporary

Somewhat like Kim, I like:

1. Berserk
Runner-Ups: Love Hina, GTO, Totoro, Laputa Castle in the Sky, Mononoke Hime, Azumanga Daioh, Serial Experiments Lain.

The most current anime that I have potential interest in are wolf's rain and macross zero. Everything else sucks.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
UrashimaSenpai [AWAY] said:
1. Berserk
Runner-Ups: Love Hina, GTO, Totoro, Laputa Castle in the Sky, Mononoke Hime, Azumanga Daioh, Serial Experiments Lain.
Pedo.

G

Genn21

(throws brick at senpai) dear sir love hina sucks, its plot =s lets grab some vasaline :D, and watch a immature boy whos tottaly clueless screwup and accidently be a voyuer grabbing each of the womans tits on the show ..of coarse the grabbing of anime tits isnt a bad thing itself its just that devoting a show to it receives seriousness in the art of suckdom, Berserk however is the best anime tv series ever (would being part of the beserk webpage acctully make this more predictable as my first choice... nahhhhhh :eek:) my sec favorite series Inuyasha (sueeee meeeeeeeeee) followed up by last exile which only has 1 show to be downloaded off bittorant (ask if you want a link ) it looks pretty cool the 1st episodes r usally the best of each anime series..there made to be that way at least,its kinda caught on on me yet i wont spoil it for you check it out.

T

temporary

Walter said:
UrashimaSenpai [AWAY] said:
1. Berserk
Pedo.

Yes, Love Hina is brainless. So? At least its upfront with it. Azumanga Daioh? Come on, its some real genius work of art and creation.

i'll prolly get hell for this one, but i liked gundam wing. Also Eva, berserk. kenshin ovas, mononoke hime, Akira, cowboy bebop and others i just can't think of them at the moment.

oh grave of the fireflies.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Woohoo! Someone mentioned Grave of the Fireflies! Wahhh... that can of candy... :'(

Anyhow, Macross Plus is great although like most anime, the ending was pretty chaotic. Jin-Roh is another good movie although the "Red Riding Hood" theme was a bit of overkill. Still, the ending to Jin-Roh was pretty powerful.

Cowboy Bebop is another great series to watch for too. NGE is pretty good if you have a high tolerance for melodrama. I wanted to kick Shinji's ass by the end of the series (fucking pussy).

Also don't you think someone should make ff7 into an anime???!!! It would own!

Ugh! The Final Fantasy 7 storyline was nothing special: cool but mysterious badass badguy wants to be all-powerful, hero with a checkered past, his quasi-girlfriend with the big tits, earth is in danger, blah blah blah.

Seriously, two games that are seriously in need of being turned into anime are Xenogears (kickass storyline) and Silent Hill (fucked up storyline). Xenogears would have to be made into a series though; storyline is a little too complex and convoluted to be made into a movie. I would pay big money to see the introductory cinema in Xenogears repeated on screen! ;D

Personally, I would absolutely love Silent Hill (1 or 2) to be made into an anime (CG) movie. People don't realize how great the storyline is in the SH series especially in SH2. It's not that often that thematic elements and subtlety are utilized in video games.

T

temporary

Bok Choy said:
Woohoo! Someone mentioned Grave of the Fireflies! Wahhh... that can of candy... :'(

Anyhow, Macross Plus is great although like most anime, the ending was pretty chaotic. Jin-Roh is another good movie although the "Red Riding Hood" theme was a bit of overkill. Still, the ending to Jin-Roh was pretty powerful.

Cowboy Bebop is another great series to watch for too. NGE is pretty good if you have a high tolerance for melodrama. I wanted to kick Shinji's ass by the end of the series (fucking pussy).

Also don't you think someone should make ff7 into an anime???!!! It would own!

Ugh! The Final Fantasy 7 storyline was nothing special: cool but mysterious badass badguy wants to be all-powerful, hero with a checkered past, his quasi-girlfriend with the big tits, earth is in danger, blah blah blah.

Seriously, two games that are seriously in need of being turned into anime are Xenogears (kickass storyline) and Silent Hill (fucked up storyline). Xenogears would have to be made into a series though; storyline is a little too complex and convoluted to be made into a movie. I would pay big money to see the introductory cinema in Xenogears repeated on screen! ;D

Personally, I would absolutely love Silent Hill (1 or 2) to be made into an anime (CG) movie. People don't realize how great the storyline is in the SH series especially in SH2. It's not that often that thematic elements and subtlety are utilized in video games.

SILLLLEEEENNNNNTTTT HIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IIIIISSSSS TTTTHHHHHHEEEE SSSHHHHIIIIITTTT.

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
The plot for 7, actually was good and it would be sweet to see some of those scenes animated in D:Bloodlust quality. (Rufus' death and all fights with the weapons!!)

I thought 8 was more anime though, based on love and the whole time comprehension, Laguna Kiros and Ward had the whole classic comedy anime war buddies for life thing going on.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Ohhh... almost forgot. Valkyrie Profile has huge potential to be a great anime series. Stand-alone episodes describing the event leading up to the Einharijars' deaths, Valkyrie's past uncovered, themes of unfinished lives and lost memories, etc. The storyline in the game itself wasn't that great or well-developed until the end of the game but I think the premise would be really good.

Bok Choy said:
yeah the ending was just depressing. What a bitch that Aunt was to those kids though. i wanted to beat the crap out of her
NGE is pretty good if you have a high tolerance for melodrama. I wanted to kick Shinji's ass by the end of the series (fucking pussy).
damn right shinji was a wuss. asuka had some real balls. She was more interesting than shinji. especially her last fight in the movie.

argon

I love Gatts Fury
Ohhh... almost forgot. Valkyrie Profile has huge potential to be a great anime series. Stand-alone episodes describing the event leading up to the Einharijars' deaths, Valkyrie's past uncovered, themes of unfinished lives and lost memories, etc. The storyline in the game itself wasn't that great or well-developed until the end of the game but I think the premise would be really good

Valkyrie Profile !! ;D
I really enjoyed this game ! It was such a great game !

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Valkyrie profile was awesome.What a cool soudtrack!And I really dig Arngrim,which is not surprising being the Berserk nut that I am...

argon

I love Gatts Fury
Valkyrie profile was awesome.What a cool soudtrack!And I really dig Arngrim,which is not surprising being the Berserk nut that I am...
True ! ;D
But yeah, the intro was excelent (clip & music) and it was really original to have with some Vikings/Nordics mythology as background.

Top Bottom