How bout the Best animes!!

Greetings! Been lurking a while, thought I might join in the discussions.

1. Berserk - Any questions? The best !
2. Evangelion - Very complex, didn't like the series ending. The movie somewhat made up for it.
3. Ranma 1/2 - Good fun, not the most deep of animes but always good for some crazy fights and humor. Martial arts internet posting competition please!

OVA's
1. Kenshin - Trust and Betrayal. They are coming out with the director's cut of this soon, really really awesome. The battousai himself at his meanest, with a really great love story. This is an OVA you can show to people who don't know anything about anime and they will more than likely enjoy it.
2. Tenchi!

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
I saw an anime the other day called or something like that Freedom man. It had a picture of a dude whom liked ALOT like bruce lee on the cover. Has anyone seen this an is it good?

I like Golden Boy. It's a six OVA series. So damn funny. It gets a little predictable after the first two, uh, episodes i guess (ive seen four) but is still really cool. Excel saga is pretty good too, and my wackiness meter pointed to "off the charts" when I used it on it (though it obviously WAS on a chart, stupid wackiness meter.) I get my anime from "on demand" on comcast digital cable, it's a thing where you can watch shows anytime you want and you pick them from a menu. There's some other stuff, samurai X ovas, gunsmith cats (very good but not quite my style), noir (sucks), all that stupid robot crap that i don't care about like nadeisco and evangelion and dai guard. and bubblegum crisis! god it sucks! steel angel kurumi too, I watch that for the, uh, "atmosphere" mostly.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Could someone please just ban MangyKid or change his goddamn fucking avatar? Please?

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Not really, it's just that his fucking picture is big as a medium sized house. Annoyance level: 8.

G

Genn21

Makkuro said:
Could someone please just ban MangyKid or change his goddamn fucking avatar? Please?

You sir have no love !!!! :D , btw... what is his avatar i mean its a lady bent over her ass isnt all that sexy so i fail to notice what could actully be so cool about a 540X380 picture i mean his name is ok sure his posts are alright but does the avatar make part of the man ? , (YIPPY SKIPPY) alrighty i do agree i dont know what it is but changing wouldnt be a half assed idea ( for those 56 sk.net warriors)

ya'll just jealous. by the way, in my signature it says "please resize my image, dear god" for a reason.Maybe an admin or something could change it *AHEM*. It was actually a thumbnail i came across randomly, i didn't know the picture was THIS big, as i just used the stupid thumbnail.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
berserk, macross (how i love macross), rurouni kenshin (the ova trust and betrayal was the best but I like em all), and evangelion. the rest I have are okay but not as great as these.

Roll

Dreamer
1. Berserk
2. 3x3 Eyes
3. Lain

The three I keep coming back to. The first two are also my two favorite mangas! :p

(and thus a first post did end)

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:
Hey Roll, does your name have anything to do with Megamn? because i love megaman.
the avatar Roll has is roll...it's kinda obvious

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Fruits Basket, Hellsing....there are some more too. Those are just my main choices for best series.

G

Genn21

:D , kickass avatar roll, the bluebomber is the shit ( your checkout rockman ova's) i hope he gives a wedge to dr willy and stops that old fag from building only men and start desgihing some woman, Protomans Been polishing the bishop way to hard with gutsman and sigma getting sweaty..btw do you know if they have a megaman anime yet i havn't reveiwed rockman so i dont know if its different from the battle network one ( which sucks horribly )

I'm something of a closet megaman fan, myself. I love the legends games and all up to X. I was somewhat disappointed with 8, which i got recently. It just doesn't feel quite like megaman. too cutesy. Anyway, yeah there's a megaman anime. there's an X manga, only in japan, there's a new show coming to WB soon, There's an older anime that used to come on the family channel at 7 am on sundays. I loved that show, seeing as how I got up at 7 on a freakin' sunday to watch it. course, that was about 7 years ago. they started showing it again a year ago, but at weird times so I never got to see it. There's some megamn DVDs out, the american show i was talking about, i think. I saw them at gamestop when I got zelda a month and a half ago. they're $25 for 2 dvds, good deal. They also had berserk there, but my money was already going to zelda...

P.S.- zelda is the greatest

My faves are Hellsing, Berserk, The Original Rurouni Kenshin, Black Heaven, Fushigi Yuugi, The Hakkendon, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star and Escaflowne--the series--not the movie (I apologize to the movie fans but I did not care for it). :-\

I also cannot forget Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Excel Saga (I love Menchi), Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe (I love Ryo-Ohki). Yes, I named my cat Pikachu! :D I do not care for Tenchi in Tokyo. Oh yeah--I can't leave out Otaku No Video!!!!

There are more, judging by my cabinet overflowing with dvd's but for now, that is a good start of my favorites. :)

Lady Moiraine

G

Genn21

Lady Moir ... you cant love menchi becuase with a little s&p hes the emrgency meal, now prepare for across world domination plan no 415a finding menchi's family v3 where he doesent discover his owner is a evil old pet dictator and kills him but finds excel at the end and gets devoured .. btw MENCHIS A CAT

HAIL MASTER Ilbarazzo sama .. Hyatt sooo

t-2.jpg

This is not love
Love is not this
I love, but I am not loved

By no means is this love
Sex isn't love [1]
I love, but I do not seek love out

I lift up my body, throw down my life. I won't let my gaze waver to the sides,
only be earnest
Tricking Searching Interfering Trampling down other people!

*And we get the hell out! And we get the hell out! And we get the hell out!
And we get the hell out! And we get the hell out! And we get the hell out!
And we get the hell out! [2]

Even if we slip on banana peels,
This is all for his sake [3]
I must say it, this is surely
A kind of loyalty you might call love

This is never love
Love is never this
This body of mine just can't take any more love

Now's my chance to decipher it! Please tell me how much a gram costs
There could be a revolution of the ignorant masses but the newspapers would remain
silent!

People go their own ways
This is probably for his sake
I won't ask for anything in return
My loyalty is deeper than love

I might fall down and die, and I might drown
But everything's for his sake
I might be an idiot, I might be a fool [4], but I don't care
This is a loyalty you might call love.

excel2.gif

Oh snap. I didn't even think she had an avatar, it's oddly not loading on my computer. I do have dialup though, so maybe it's just really big, like mine was. Also, Berserk VCDs coming along nicely, 1-9 on three CDs. Mr. Show VCDs not coming along so nicely, I think I have a scratch in my season 1 disk, because it only lets me rip episode 3 and "the best of" thing.... which is just weird. It starts "scanning the disk" and stops halfway through. Season 2 disk no problems, but I've only ripped and encoded episode 1 on it. and it's ILPALAZZO, dammit! though i suppose it could be translated either way...

thedarkhawk

grrrrrrrrrrr
Here goes

1.berserk+bebop
2.hellsing+kenshin
3.trigun+ G gundam

I kinda like yuyu hakusho but not enough to get on my list

I have the whole series of each it would take my 7days and 5 hours to watch all on my list ;D

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
hmm... I like a lot but if I had to pick.....

1.Berserk
2.Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star)

Man, I like a lot of others but those above are my faves. I could say some of the trillions of ties for third are...

Ninja Scroll, Akira, Dominion Tank Police was alright there are a lot of them though I think but the one i'm talking about I can't remember because half of these animes I saw when I was like eleven so I rented like every anime at my local video store a thousand times even if it sucked. I just told my mom they were "cartoons" even though back then I only rented them for the "adult situations". Same thing with horror movies. And some other ones you might of heard of would be Grappler Baki, Wrath of the Ninja (it was ok). I remember one with some guys that were reincarnated and... Nevermind. Also I really like Fatal Fury the Motion picture.

Well thats my list of the best animes for me and maybe the suckiest for you

lyrker

What fools these mortals be!
Doa Viem said:
Also don't you think someone should make ff7 into an anime???!!! It would own!

That'd rawk. I'd also go in for seeing VIII or X in anime.

My picks (Berserk being a given):

* Grave of the Fireflies
* Ranma 1/2
* Ninja Scroll (a classic!)
* Petshop of Horrors
* Bastard!!
* Demon City Shinjuku
* Wicked City
* Darkside Blues

Top Bottom