Problems for Farnese in Elfhelm?

This is somewhat inspired by the thread about Flora's reputation in Elfhelm and how the magic users will reacted to her staying in the human world. I was wondering Farnese has come a long way from her days of being the Figure Head of the Holy Iron Chain Knights and has abandoned her zealous pursuit of heretics. But, how notorious was the exploits of the HICKS and the persecution and condemnation of heretics and witches? Magic users probably retreated to escape that kind of treatment when the holy sea became prominent. So I am wondering would the magic users be aware that Farnese was the figure head of that organization and be hostile toward her? I do not know how wide spread her passion for finding and burning witch's were beyond the immediate members of the HICKS were but if her zealous tendencies made it further than that is it unreasonable that the magic users on elf helm had heard of her? What would this mean to her acceptance among them?

This is certainly an interesting point and one I had not considered prior but now that you mention it Im almost certain it will come up, although not necessarily immediately. Perhaps she will not be recoginized by all in elf helm but certainly someone there will call her out on her past. However I believe the group will convince them that she has changed for the better.

I don't think the HICKs (that acronym is just funny, isn't it?!) :ganishka:...anyway, personally I don't think the HICKs could manage to capture a real magic user. I think it would be beyond their ability, so I don't think they have killed any. Real magic users are just too powerful for them to handle! They could barely capture Guts and that was only because he was exhausted and injured. From what I remember in the manga the only people the Holy See were persecuting were heretics, insane people, and people who weren't able to make their required offerings to the church, no real magic users with powers like Flora or Schierke. Like you said, the magic users probably all got the heck out of there or went into hiding like Flora did, when the influence of the Holy See began painting them as evil. I think they just withdrew from a world where they knew they were no longer wanted. This is just my opinion, but I don't think the magic users in Elfhelm will really care about Farnese's past, especially now that she's seen the error of her ways and even become a magic user herself. I think she'll be welcomed.

I think their positions, if they care to begin with, would be much the same as Flora's: "My folk were not among those whose lives you took. Even if they were, the fault would collectively lie upon the servants of your deity. I do not seek retribution from you as an individual." (DH translation.)

Flora lived much closer to the Holy See's sphere of influence and would theoretically be more affected by their actions than those who live in Elfhelm. If they have a stance on the issue, I can't see it being stronger than hers. At least not enough for them to react negatively to Farnese.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vixen Comics said:
I was wondering Farnese has come a long way from her days of being the Figure Head of the Holy Iron Chain Knights and has abandoned her zealous pursuit of heretics.

It goes much farther than that given that she's become a witch (in training) herself.

Vixen Comics said:
So I am wondering would the magic users be aware that Farnese was the figure head of that organization and be hostile toward her?

The HICKs are a small part of the Holy See, and whoever lives in Elfhelm likely moved there long before Farnese was even born. While her past may be addressed, I don't see it being a big deal, just like it wasn't when she met Flora.

JMP said:
I don't think the HICKs could manage to capture a real magic user. I think it would be beyond their ability, so I don't think they have killed any.

Flora directly told Farnese she never killed any actual witch.

Top Bottom