2015 20th anniversary model

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Can y'all believe this??? http://youtu.be/-rWhjwPkYIk Berserk78, bro I am so gutted...we never should have touched those YJA auctions. Godhand give me patience, god hand give me strength. :mozgus:

Lol wow. Glad I just bought the Black version for a good price. This one looks worse and I wouldn't want it just out of principle. Sleazy ass company (but they can make a decent statue every once and a while). Hopefully this guts and Femto Max factory statue sells decent and look good and they decide to make more berserk stuff. I'd rather give my money to them at this point.

Disappointed with AoW, so called limited and ridiculous price.
Not trustworthy too!

skullknight2014 said:
Since we also received other customers inquiry about the re-in stock ones, we asked our company today about if they will really re-release this model in next year or not, but unfortunately there has no exact plan.

We have accepted many requests for this model and we really wish we can answer customers wishes, but since we marked the previous one “the last version”, we cannot just resell the same model again.

Therefore if we plan to do it, it will be a new and changed model which will definitely be different to the previous version.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

HOLD UP GUYS HOLD UP!!! It comes with an extra attachment this time! :isidro: Combine that with the new paint job and it's basically a brand new never seen before statue! Never again to be repeated!!! We'd be mad not to buy this right away! :ganishka: :ganishka: :ganishka:

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
I bought one. Would rather pay Aow 1000 bucks than pay 2500 or so to whichever random ebay jackass decided to cash in on his "rare piece". You guys worried about resale value?

Akebobo said:
I bought one. Would rather pay Aow 1000 bucks than pay 2500 or so to whichever random ebay jackass decided to cash in on his "rare piece". You guys worried about resale value?

the problem is not the resale value, when the new version is sold out, prices are gonna go up again, still is going to be very limited

DAMN I MISSED IT AGAIN :mozgus: :mozgus: :mozgus:
This is 3rd time I missing their order, I can't believe I'm so luckless. It was 5 am when mail arrived and now 9 am, everything sold out.

Up1. Well at least I like original version more than this new one. "Last" repaint was a masterpiece, still my holly grail "but no matter what".

Up2. Guys I just wrote them a letter with a query of any pieces available. There is a few on japanese site so they added a stock for me. 20th Anniversary, I'll have you now!

I can understand how this re-release would be a little disappointing for long time collectors. But I do like the different helmet sculpt and larger chest.

Whoever bought this 1000usd limited figure, wait until they release yet another similar repaint with subtle changes & better than previous versions. Then you will know the feeling. As a consolation this is 300k yen more expensive. Previous is 90k yen. Now is 120k yen. Jeez!

Anyway Congratulations raihato!

skullknight2014 said:
Whoever bought this 1000usd limited figure, wait until they release yet another similar repaint with subtle changes & better than previous versions. Then you will know the feeling. As a consolation this is 300k yen more expensive. Previous is 90k yen. Now is 120k yen. Jeez!

Anyway Congratulations raihato!
Thank you!
I believe it have same price as in previous years with JPY>USD exchange corrected; I also understand what elder collectors feels. However, this is top 1 AoW item made so far and it had so limited first run. Maybe they should made a lottery for very limited items? I remember that last repaint was sold out in hour which makes it almost impossible to obtain.
I was not ready to pay 3900$ for aftermarket item so I really glad that they did a fresh version.

Well with this ver. Altogether there's only 390 pieces of this model existed in this world so just relax guys. The see through eyes helmet and other gimmicks of originals really makes those model special. The new model is nice,I do like it but oh wells I have the last ver. Already.

I do hate rereleases but this new model is nice lol. If you are not trying to flip your piece on eBay why should you even care. This perticular model will always cash you back on bay 100-150% when u just want your money back, as long as AOW still exists.

Akebobo

hubalo said:
the problem is not the resale value, when the new version is sold out, prices are gonna go up again, still is going to be very limited
... so what is the problem?

skullknight2014 said:

Of course I know that feeling. If you prefer the new version, you sell your old one. The new one does not make your old one worse, and no one is taking your freedom to "upgrade" away.

andrewdsz said:
Well with this ver. Altogether there's only 390 pieces of this model existed in this world so just relax guys. The see through eyes helmet and other gimmicks of originals really makes those model special. The new model is nice,I do like it but oh wells I have the last ver. Already.

I do hate rereleases but this new model is nice lol. If you are not trying to flip your piece on eBay why should you even care. This perticular model will always cash you back on bay 100-150% when u just want your money back, as long as AOW still exists.

Exactly! I definitely agree with everyone that it is sleazy to keep rereleasing old statues while swearing up and down that they never will rerelease an old statue again. But we all know the score here, it's going to happen. In the world of art this is known as "editioning". It's generally frowned upon, but the technicality is that even minor paint/sculpt changes make the new edition distinct from the previous ones.

The hatred and vitriol constantly surrounding each new AoW release around here is more than a little irrational. You are not losing anything by not buying from them. Your old releases should be no less precious to you.

Akebobo said:
... so what is the problem?

the problem , is that they keep releasing old statues insted of something new wich is what must of us who have been loyal their mark for years want , not to mention that anouncing a "last" repaint and then releasing another shows lack of professionalism

hubalo-san,

as you know AoW is a private workshop. I guess in every query they made from time to time this 20th anniversary was the most requested one. I monitor their products for only few last years and can say that usually they making 1 new release and few repeaints per year. So for this year it should be Guts (Skull Head Berserk armor) VS Grunbeld(human ver.) in Berserk Comic Vol. 26 (1/10 Scale). I tried to ask if they planning something but you know those japanese, they never giving you straight answer :slan:

Akebobo

hubalo said:
the problem , is that they keep releasing old statues insted of something new wich is what must of us who have been loyal their mark for years want , not to mention that anouncing a "last" repaint and then releasing another shows lack of professionalism

If you'd read my whole post you would see that releasing subsequent editions is hardly "unprofessional". The way they push repaints as exclusives does in fact, suck hard. But they are a business. They don't owe you anything but the items you purchase from them. If you don't want to purchase their wares, someone else will. No matter how you may feel about it, you are entitled to nothing.

Ahmetal said:
Can y'all believe this??? http://youtu.be/-rWhjwPkYIk Berserk78, bro I am so gutted...we never should have touched those YJA auctions. Godhand give me patience, god hand give me strength. :mozgus:

Hi everyone :slan: i saw this last week :isidro: what can we say :ganishka: it's just marketing and shortly we will see one on ebay or Yahoo auctions :mozgus: it's the new rules apparently :SK:
Bro we found ours on YA but we paid a high price and i lost my underpants but not my wife :guts:
I would LOVE that AOW gives me the definition of limited :???:

To rayhato wait and pray and search everywhere i kow it's hard i missed 3!!!

I have to say , that if people think it's a nice statue that they don't mind spending money on - that is fine.

But I think it's also important to note that just by buying an AoW product (such as the copious repaints) you are complicit in what AoW is doing. There are some AoW statues that I would like to purchase, but I have to take a stand and not give AoW a single cent anymore, because that is the best way I can tell AoW that I don't appreciate their business policy.

I did the same thing with Mortal Kombat X - I really want that game, but I can't support such a disgusting business plan (pay to unlock characters, pay to unlock every unlockable, pay to make the game easier etc).

Having said all that, AoW no longer has a monopoly on Berserk statues, so it's easier for me to "stick it to AoW" while still buying Berserk collectibles.

Top Bottom