2015 20th anniversary model

Akebobo said:
If you'd read my whole post you would see that releasing subsequent editions is hardly "unprofessional". The way they push repaints as exclusives does in fact, suck hard. But they are a business. They don't owe you anything but the items you purchase from them. If you don't want to purchase their wares, someone else will. No matter how you may feel about it, you are entitled to nothing.

so its not unprofessional to do a repaint when they already said they would release the last one? mmmm......
they dont owe me anything, yes they owe to their loyal costumers big way!!!!!!
and as a costumer anyone has the right to complain , they are making money on us, so we have the right to complain, if you think you can take bull#$$%% from someone who is selling you something and not complain thas your problem
i like their products and of course ill continue buy them when they release something i like, but in this especific case i DO think they where "unprofessional" by saiyng something that wasnt true

Liad said:
I have to take a stand and not give AoW a single cent anymore, because that is the best way I can tell AoW that I don't appreciate their business policy.
If you have noticed, last repaint was sold out in a few hours, Femto 2015 version was sold really quick as well. Some of their less successful products - like spinning cannon or green skull knight - was in shop for months. So in terms of their business policy their managers doing great, once everything sold they can make a new release. I think you guys have to be loyal to products and not the company, the only reason I'm feeling bad about repaints is because sometimes they better than original run. For example, 2015 face paint are the best across other 20th Anniversary releases as for my taste, however I like color scheme of "last repaint" the most.

PS. I just realized... 390 of this statues total, so its like $400.000 only on this model.

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
Well this thread has been a real barrel of laughs, but at this point it is safe to say that no one's mind will change either way.

I'm bowing out, and will post pics in 6 months or whatever when mine comes in.
:daiba:

Ahmetal

God hand help us
ryun84 said:
Was this an option? I didn't see a place to request this on their product page.

Of course, it's always an option with PO's from them. Usually at an extra cost but not if you're a platinum member. Just confirmed mine with extra blood everywhere. There seems to be a few more pieces back up for sale atm. Gotta be down to one or two by now though.

Ahmetal said:
Of course, it's always an option with PO's from them. Usually at an extra cost but not if you're a platinum member. Just confirmed mine with extra blood everywhere. There seems to be a few more pieces back up for sale atm. Gotta be down to one or two by now though.

Yeah, I'm not platinum. Gonna see if I can find some pictures of other figures with the extra blood effects for comparison.

I initially checked the site to order right after I got the announcement email the same day but it was already sold out! Sent an inquiry to put myself on the waitlist shortly after too. But luckily I just randomly checked their site yesterday and there were 3 pieces available again so I placed the order LOL!

Ahmetal

God hand help us
jonny_noog said:
Can anyone point me in the direction of a 20th Anniversary with extra blood? Would be interested to know what it looks like.

There are no pics of it with extra blood. You will only be able to see what it looks like once someone who requested extra blood gets it and posts pics. Customers have to request AOW add the extra blood without any idea what it would look like. You have to trust them with it. I had it done to the spinning canon slice and the new guts slash statue.

1 more cancellation. I have to admit 20th anniversary is the best berserk figure. Good chance if anyone miss it. This one figure beats all. Goodsmile guts is a bit cartoony for my taste. This is more brutal and gothic.

TAKE HURRY! LOL

-------------------------

Dear Customers,

ART OF WAR has newly realeased this limited version for all the ART OF WAR fans. As the pcs are limited in number, we are accepting the cancellation lists.

Based on your cancellation lists we will have plan to increase the number of manufacturing number. Please send your inquires @ assist@art-of-war.jp

Thank you very much for your kind understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,
ART OF WAR

Ahmetal said:
There are no pics of it with extra blood. You will only be able to see what it looks like once someone who requested extra blood gets it and posts pics. Customers have to request AOW add the extra blood without any idea what it would look like. You have to trust them with it. I had it done to the spinning canon slice and the new guts slash statue.

OK thanks. How did your spinning canon slice go with the extra blood? Happy with it?

Ahmetal

God hand help us
jonny_noog said:
OK thanks. How did your spinning canon slice go with the extra blood? Happy with it?

..incredibly happy with it...I will have to share pics in the appropriate thread.

All this sounds really pathetic, more than once I said them it is a wrong choice as far as I can see, but still it is their choice and from their point of view, at the end, I understand this is "the biggest bang for the buck". So I don't blame them anymore as well as I don't buy from them anymore...although I have a refund credit I will eventually should use at some point.

Anyway, I own the 1st version... The model is no doubt one of the best statues I've ever seen but it is not entirely devoid of shortcomings.
In this case they have modified some minor issues and I think they are keeping other for 2016 release and so on, indeed there is still a good margin of improvements.

:carcus: :guts:

■□■Berserk2015 : LIMITED EDITION I & II■□■ 
≪Pre-orders Start Now!!≫

This will be our last time to reproduce this statue. And we plan to manufacture limit to 50 pieces (Limited Edition I) & 25 pieces (Limited Edition II). Do not miss the chance to pre-order this amazing statue.

... :schnoz:
urrMtvL.jpg

Yeah I think we all know that whenever they say "LAST TIME" it should be taken with a grain of salt. Or if anyone didn't, I'm sure they learned the hard way. It is unfortunate and I agree that it's not the most honorable business tactic. Even if they do another "LAST TIME" 2016 or 2017 version, I personally won't mind. I purchased the 2015 version because I like it and didn't have a chance to purchase any of the previous versions. Future buyers might be in the same boat and if they can get their hands on a future edition, I'd be happy for them. Exclusivity is already included with their prices anyway and it's not like there will be tens of thousands of these statues out there.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ryun84 said:
Exclusivity is already included with their prices anyway and it's not like there will be tens of thousands of these statues out there.

Isn't it ironic though? People are now paying almost twice the price for the same statue while it's technically becoming less "exclusive" with each new version.

Aazealh said:
Isn't it ironic though? People are now paying almost twice the price for the same statue while it's technically becoming less "exclusive" with each new version.

Yeah, it is ironic. But the price hasn't gone up that drastically. Sure the price in JPY has jumped, but the value of the yen compared to USD has dropped as well.

Aazealh said:
90k vs 130k, and it still cheaper than Max Factory. Plus as mentioned before, exchange rates are bit different this year.

Also this is a bit offtopic, but their last "Zodd & Wyald" was on auction a few weeks ago, and it was sold for like 470k jpy if I remember correctly. So I'm not telling we have a new "not be repainted" repaint incoming, but this could be a tricky plan to check how much people ready to pay for it :carcus:

rayhato said:
90k vs 130k, and it still cheaper than Max Factory. Plus as mentioned before, exchange rates are bit different this year.

Also this is a bit offtopic, but their last "Zodd & Wyald" was on auction a few weeks ago, and it was sold for like 470k jpy if I remember correctly. So I'm not telling we have a new "not be repainted" repaint incoming, but this could be a tricky plan to check how much people ready to pay for it :carcus:

This. I've seen what people paid a few years back when the yen was strong and the dollar was weak, and it evens just about evens out. It's probably less than $100 more expensive (prices go up, shit happens). Didn't they say they source their material from the U.S. Or something, which also plays a big part in it. I doubt the prices would ever go down though, even if the yen gets stronger/dollar weaker

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
rayhato said:

The original model started at 70,000 Yen (the more expensive version was 80,000 Yen). As for the exchange rate, it is indeed better since mid-2013, but it was less advantageous for years after the first release and that didn't prevent them from raising the price anyway. Now don't be mistaken, I don't care at all about how you spend your money, but the line I replied to was just illogical and no amount of rationalizing will change that.

marioray said:
Didn't they say they source their material from the U.S. Or something

Their statues are made in China as far as I know, and I don't see why they'd get their polystone from the US. Not that the cost of polystone makes up the bulk of the price the customer pays anyway.

I just like to laugh at the name of the statue itself:

2015 20th Anniversary Model

Kinda minimizes the value of an anniversary edition when you re-release it years after the anniversary, again and again. This is why I continue to NOT order from AoW.

I agree, they should name it 20th anniversary full wolf form version or something.

Its the same pose but colour scheme, helmet, armor, guts head are different.

To name it 2015 just implies that there will be 2016, 2017 and so on...

Top Bottom