Close encounters with a celebrity

Feel free to share your experience(s) interacting with celebrities. A chance meeting, at a convention perhaps, at a party/ conference you were at ... anywhere.

Had a cool experience this morning. Was on my way to work and the subway slowed down at City Hall. Shut my book and walked to the subway door to get off. Noticed a tall guy wearing shades covering half his face stand next to me, waiting for the train to stop. Instantly recognize him. Force my mind to snap outta a DUHRRR freeze and my fat face smiled the nervousness off.

Me - "So, we don't own the square root of shit huh, Mr. Hayes?"

Raising both eyebrows "Funny ... not a lot of people 'ember that shit."

"... 'cause of Zod?"

"... him n Nelson."

The subway door opened. He got out first and glanced at me, I said "Uhhh ... well, thanks for the chat. Big fan, you're awesome, uuhhmmmiceman. Good luck!"

He smiled and nodded. I walked away with my heart in my mouth. A block later I noticed I was walking a little quicker than usual. Phew. But what's been eating me all freaking day is the fact that it sounded like I said miceman instead of what I intended - iceman. Freakin hell :judo: I got sooooo nervous cos I love his work. Happy he had his glasses on so I didn't have to see those menacing, piercing eyes :magni:

My one and only celebrity encounter was with this guy:
PETER-BOYLES-495x333.jpg

A local celebrity, Peter Boyles, when I lived in Colorado. He's a radio personality and appeared on a tv show called Colorado Inside Out. I was doing a breast cancer walk with some other people from my company and he was there for that. I said something fairly inane to him, can't remember what it was now. I do remember he complimented my jacket, though. LOL

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Incantation, that is one cool encounter! I think you nailed it. I'm sure it didn't sound like miceman to him either haha

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Harrison Ford/Han Solo/Indiana Jones once waited in line to buy a bag of popcorn from a concession stand I was managing for a UCLA Basketball game (vs. Stanford I believe). He paid in singles, which he laid out slowly one by one on the counter. None of the kids really recognized him, or the significance of him, except the lead supervisor under me and, thankfully, the cashier that rang him up. Afterward, the three of us proceeded to freak/geek the fuck out about it. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
When I was 14, I bagged groceries for Jeff Foxworthy, who lived in my area of Georgia. He was a really nice, normal guy. Took all the stares and handshakes with grace and cordiality.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I met Jack Gleeson at a beer garden in Edinburgh a few years ago. He was kind enough to chat for a bit and pose for a picture. Really cool guy.

I met Linnea Quigley (Trash from Return of the Living Dead) at Dragoncon 2 years ago. Then again when she came through a haunt I was working that same year! A close friend got a signed picture from her, a shot similar to this (nsfw): edit: I can't seem to spoiler this image but you might know it, its the iconic "get naked in the graveyard" scene haha

Top Bottom