Episode 338

This year has just been absolute magic. Incredibly so if Berserk does maintain a monthly schedule.

Maybe that's what the break was for? To get himself ahead of schedule enough that Young Animal can consistently publish episodes and he can still work at the pace he needs to?

Not gonna act like I know how it works but it's a guess.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Most excellent news!!

Aazealh said:
The previous four episodes will be republished in the coming issue to refresh people's memory.

Oh, cool! I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that either. I'll have to figure out where I might be able to buy it, as my favorite proxy has retired.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tabris said:
Maybe that's what the break was for? To get himself ahead of schedule enough that Young Animal can consistently publish episodes and he can still work at the pace he needs to?

Walter and I discussed this on the first page of the thread. While it seems plausible that building a reserve would help provide some buffer to ensure a consistent publication, I don't believe that can reasonably be the only reason for this return to a regular schedule. I think Miura may have finished plotting the course the story will take throughout all the big events to come, therefore making it possible for things to move forward at a normal pace.

Lithrael said:
I'll have to figure out where I might be able to buy it, as my favorite proxy has retired.

Why not just buy the digital edition of Young Animal?

This. is. definitely. the. best. moment. of. the. year. A train full of smileys hit me when I read "Episode 338"! Oh Berserk, I love you so much

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Walter said:
I can vouch for the quality of the digital editions. They look pristine -- so long as you don't mind reading things on your computer.

Oh yeah, I like the digital editions, it's just also very fun to have the pages in your hand and I haven't bought any hardcopy YA since episode 313.

[quote author=Walter]That four-issue recap is kind of like a mini-volume 38 at this point, since that Vol likely won't be out until early 2016.[/quote]

Good point.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Having Berserk back in my life will be amazing. When I heard the news of the new episode and the new release schedule I got so excited. This is turning out to be a damn good summer.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
More confirmation: the official Berserk Twitter account just woke from a long slumber to tease about something Berserk fans already know: http://imgur.com/FtNP1Kx

Of course, there's always a one page preview of the next issue, and that will be the official announcement that Berserk is coming. ANN showed off that page a little early.

Yeah that twitter account woke me up! :beast:

All the coming releases + the info about disturbed already made my day and it's not even 6.30 am. :ganishka:

Good stuff. I figure the recap will be like the one they put out a few years ago, an extra additional magazine that's like a Young Animal sized half volume.

Lithrael said:
Most excellent news!!

Oh, cool! I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that either. I'll have to figure out where I might be able to buy it, as my favorite proxy has retired.

CD Japan carries the individual Young Animal. You just have to wait for it to be released and them to put it up for sale on their website. It's usually up by the end of Friday. Shipping can be expensive but it's convenient.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Jaze1618 said:
I wonder if we will get a full 12 months of releases? :ubik:

That'd be crazy! But I doubt it. My guess is it'll be between 4 to 6 episode and then maybe a 2-3 months break.. Just a guess though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
That'd be crazy! But I doubt it. My guess is it'll be between 4 to 6 episode and then maybe a 2-3 months break.. Just a guess though.

While it's logical to be pessimistic about the duration of the monthly thing, given the publication history, we're kind of in uncharted waters here. There's never been an announced change like this before. So, I'm willing to believe it's legit.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
While it's tempting to be pessimistic about the duration of the monthly thing, we're kind of in uncharted waters here. There's never been an announced change in the publication history. So, I'm willing to believe it's legit.

I totally agree with you. What I meant was semi based from earlier episodes. As it happened a few times that we had 3-4 release in a row and then a small break. don't get me wrong I'd be really happy to have 12 episodes a year, heck I'd be happy with just 10 or 8 a year. It's just a guess from me. The only way to know it for sure is to wait it out. :serpico: But yeah I'm willing to believe it's legit also!

Ps: I didn't meant my post as pessimistic, sorry if it looked like that. :slan:

Walter said:
While it's logical to be pessimistic about the duration of the monthly thing, given the publication history, we're kind of in uncharted waters here. There's never been an announced change like this before. So, I'm willing to believe it's legit.

I'm doubting that it'll be monthly from now on, just rather monthly for several months until the next break. The announcement is rather vague so it could go either way. But I welcome it's return either way!

Crocodile

Desert Croc
This is very exciting.
This is actually my first time being on Skullknight.net for an episode release. It's cool seeing all the activity on the site, and this is before the episode is published.
I'll probably have to avoid the site between when the episode is published and translations are made available in case I spoil myself, although I'll probably cave and look at the raws anyway.
I don't know how long this episode-a-month thing will last but I'll be excited every month until the end.
I wonder where 338 will pick up, as much as I want to see Skellig, I really want to see the fallout of that slap, maybe even see if Daiba, Luca and Erica figured out that they all know Guts.
Now all we need is the announcement of an anime adaptation of Lost Children and this year will be perfect. :ganishka:

MrMehawk said:
Out of Fallout 4 confirmation, Dragonball Super releasing, Disturbed being back and a number of other fantastic news for the communities I'm part of, this has to be the best out of all of them.

And I'm referring just to a new episode being released. If anything close to a monthly schedule is realized even just for a few months, I'll cry.
luizao said:
Don't forget about the FFVII Remake

What a time to be alive..

I can awaken from my long lurking slumber!

2015 has been a great year of anticipation, reveals, and surprises!

Mad Max
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy 7
Shenmue 3
Tomb Raider 2
Diablo 3 New Season

and now Berserk! :guts:

I will now catch my manga collection up. I believe the last one I picked up was Vol. 34! Now that I think about, its been 5 years since I read through the manga series! Time flys... holy shit!

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Meanwhile, Kenji Saito [Platinum Games]:
https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/619377368101093377?s=04

Obviously nothing official, only a personal desire of Saito.
Still...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RaffoBaffo said:
Meanwhile, Kenji Saito [Platinum Games]:
https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/619377368101093377?s=04

Obviously nothing official, only a personal desire of Saito.
Still...

Same thing I told Walter 3 days ago: that's nice, though I wonder what his latest game (Transformers) will end up like. :iva: And Berserk's not even his first choice...
Still, would be nice to get another game, especially from Platinum.

...While I would love to see what Skullknight has been up to since the merging of different planes of existence with the physical plane back in volume 34 I think that not showing him would be a good idea. I say that because every time he shows up to surprise attack The God Hand things just go from bad to worse I mean he's literally become the goon that bungled a perfect kill only to be taken out by his own boss in a fit of frustration who then asks the corpse "How could you have screwed that up"?

...But back on point. I'm looking forward to consecutive episode releases as I think we've suffered enough through one of the longest breaks to date between releases. And seeing as we've mainly focussed on Falconia with the recent episodes I would like to see the story focussing on team Guts for a while.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
VengeanceQuest982 said:
I say that because every time he shows up to surprise attack The God Hand things just go from bad to worse

You're misremembering things.

Vol 13: Attack is repelled by Void, but he still makes it out alive with Guts and Casca in tow. Positive effect.
Vol 21: Takes no action during the incarnation ceremony. No effect.
Vol 26: In the Qliphoth, tells Guts exactly how to dispel Slan from the area. Then rescues Guts using the Beherit Sword. Positive effect.
Vol 34: His attack is manipulated by Femto to merge the worlds. Negative effect.

Top Bottom