Episode 338

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
VengeanceQuest982 said:
I say that because every time he shows up to surprise attack The God Hand things just go from bad to worse I mean he's literally become the goon that bungled a perfect kill only to be taken out by his own boss in a fit of frustration who then asks the corpse "How could you have screwed that up"?

That's a pretty stupid way to summarize the character and his actions...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, as is the case with every release, we will likely get shitty cell phone pictures of key pages a few days before its official release.

I recently introduced Berserk to a friend, now I'm kind of disappointed he won't experience the pain of waiting for a Berserk episode for a while. But that doesn't compare to the happiness I'm feeling right now, especially if the releases continue being monthly for a while. Time to read through my collection once again.

T-Minus 3 days until the episode's released :guts: . Too bad we didn't get spoilers by now to know what the episode will be about.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
the_borg said:
T-Minus 3 days until the episode's released :guts: . Too bad we didn't get spoilers by now to know what the episode will be about.

No one should have expected to get a preview of the episode by now. We won't see them until Tuesday-Thursday, if we even get anything.

Also... Are they really "spoilers?"

Walter said:
No one should have expected to get a preview of the episode by now. We won't see them until Tuesday-Thursday, if we even get anything.

I'm rarely around for releases I didn't know that it's too early to expect a preview or a spoiler.
And yes, I consider them spoilers because a good amount of hype and excitement comes from not knowing what the episode will be about (Falconia or Guts and co).

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:

Those "spoilers" or preview pics always scares me since that time (I think it was you, Walter, that talked about it on a podcast) you mentioned with the Skullknight trying to slash Femto just before Fantasia. I don't want to get something revealed before reading the episode! So i guess I don't care to wait until Friday (or when we'll get it) to see the content of the episode. If i recall correctly, no one was expecting to see Femto in that scene (except maybe Aaz cause he's good at predicting stuff)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
the_borg said:
And yes, I consider them spoilers because a good amount of hype and excitement comes from not knowing what the episode will be about (Falconia or Guts and co).

If you feel like it deflates the experience, then I'm a little confused why you're here counting down the days until we see them. These images aren't going to appear on this forum anywhere but this thread, So they aren't "spoiling" the experience for anyone who isn't already looking for them.

Of course, I understand the duality of wanting to see and not wanting to see. But it's primarily the word "spoiler" that I think is being misused here. Preview is more appropriate, unless we want to primarily start calling movie trailers "spoilers" instead as well (omg did you see that leaked Avengers 3 spoilers?!)

jackson_hurley said:
(I think it was you, Walter, that talked about it on a podcast) you mentioned with the Skullknight trying to slash Femto just before Fantasia. I don't want to get something revealed before reading the episode! So i guess I don't care to wait until Friday (or when we'll get it) to see the content of the episode. If i recall correctly, no one was expecting to see Femto in that scene (except maybe Aaz cause he's good at predicting stuff)

No, no one had predicted that event. And on top of that, that particular preview came a full week early, which was unprecedented. That was a rather exceptional event though -- the biggest surprise in the series that I can recall.

I think there's a case to be made for each perspective: Seeing these previews early and riding the wave of excitement that comes with each morsel of information; and stoically waiting for the full release and joining in the fun later. But I don't really have much of a choice in the matter, and either way, 99% of the time, I personally wouldn't trade knowing for not knowing.

this is very good news I am so psyched we are getting an episodes and that we are going to get monthly releases for a while. I have never been around as a fan when they had monthly releases. It is one of the reasons that I was deliberately taking it slow and trying to savor the series so I would not have go to wait too long in between releases. But this news has me walking on air! :ubik:

I for one hope 338 will still have us stay in falconia and we can see the immediate after effects of Rickert's :rickert: Richert was one of my favorites from the old band of the falcon days and it has been so exciting to see members from that era, like Raban and Minister Foss, as well as Luca and her followers. I want to spend at least just one more episode with them before getting back to Guts and company. :magni: :slan:

My feelings is that we are going to have at least one more Falconia story. I would like the seeds for some kind of rebellion to at least be planted among Rickert and Luca's group before we switch over to Guts and everyone.

jackson_hurley

Walter said:
No, no one had predicted that event. And on top of that, that particular preview came a full week early, which was unprecedented. That was a rather exceptional event though -- the biggest surprise in the series that I can recall.

I think there's a case to be made for each perspective: Seeing these previews early and riding the wave of excitement that comes with each morsel of information; and stoically waiting for the full release and joining in the fun later. But I don't really have much of a choice in the matter, and either way, 99% of the time, I personally wouldn't trade knowing for not knowing.

Understandable. I just hope they won't show the DS slashing Femto as the preview of the end. As it has been said before. In most of the cases I'm just too excited to have an episode so when a preview is out, be it one pic or more, I'm glad to see them. Anyway it's not as if I can read Japanese myself so at least textually I'm still surprise. :guts: But yeah I get what you mean.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wowow! Just gets better and better.

Will save further impressions until most have seen.

That *headless* statue at the end... Could it be...?

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
The return of
Rakshas
, nice!

Any new information, from this scan?

http://i.imgur.com/r2JAi5h.jpg

As walter said, this whole Falconia section is just getting better and better.

The way miura set ups those opposing fractions is just great. The reactions to the slap were better than what i hoped for. Especially the reaction of Locus :magni:

And what you guys said concerning episode 335 probably just might come true, seeing the bakiraka clan and silat interferring into the assassination of Rickert by Rakshas is amazing. :ubik: :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mangetsu said:
The way miura set ups those opposing fractions is just great. The reactions to the slap were better than what i hoped for. Especially the reaction of Locus :magni:

Haha well that's pretty much what you'd expect from him, though it's still super badass. :guts:

Mangetsu said:
And what you guys said concerning episode 335 probably just might come true, seeing the bakiraka clan and silat interferring into the assassination of Rickert by Rakshas is amazing. :ubik: :void:

Well it wasn't too hard to guess, there just aren't too many people who are skilled enough, ballsy enough AND have the motivation to infiltrate Griffith's palace like that.

Anyway, it's great to see more shots of Falconia, Rickert essentially inventing a fireman hose and then voicing his doubts about staying there. Also loved the contrast between the industrial scale of war preparation going on being juxtaposed with the infinitely smaller scale of the old school Band of the Falcon... It reiterates what Rickert told Griffith, how different things are now. And of course it's awesome to see Rakshas come for Rickert, and at the same time feels natural given his "role" in Griffith's entourage...

Really excited to see how things will go now. The Bakiraka look prepared to take on Rakshas, but I don't think they can manage it right there and then. Could they retreat while taking Rickert with them though? That would be quite something, and it'd allow us to see their camp from his point of view.

There's also a blurb at the beginning of the episode confirming that publication will occur every 2 issues from now on.

jackson_hurley

Wow oui! What an episode... What. an. episode! :guts:

Well then I think Grail might be right with having another episode in Falconia. I cannot stay on that "cliffhanger" much longer then that!

Aazealh said:
Well it wasn't too hard to guess, there just aren't too many people who are skilled enough, ballsy enough AND have the motivation to infiltrate Griffith's palace like that.

True :farnese:

Aazealh said:
Anyway, it's great to see more shots of Falconia, Rickert essentially inventing a fireman hose and then voicing his doubts about staying there. Also loved the contrast between the industrial scale of war preparation going on being juxtaposed with the infinitely smaller scale of the old school Band of the Falcon... It reiterates what Rickert told Griffith, how different things are now. And of course it's awesome to see Rakshas come for Rickert, and at the same time feels natural given his "role" in Griffith's entourage...

Really excited to see how things will go now. The Bakiraka look prepared to take on Rakshas, but I don't think they can manage it right there and then. Could they retreat while taking Rickert with them though? That would be quite something, and it'd allow us to see their camp from his point of view.

There's also a blurb at the beginning of the episode confirming that publication will occur every 2 issues from now on.

Rickert's character development in the recent episodes have been great. It's nice seeing more of his view concerning Falconia and Griffith. Im interested in knowing,
if rakshas decided to assassinate Rickert by himself or if he was ordered by Griffith or even Locus to do so.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
RaffoBaffo said:
Any new information, from this scan?

http://i.imgur.com/r2JAi5h.jpg

Don't think so. I can't read the bubble at the bottom-right (with the 4), but the top text appears to be a brief summary of episodes leading up to now.

Mangetsu said:
Im interested in knowing, if rakshas decided to assassinate Rickert by himself or if he was ordered by Griffith or even Locus to do so.

We know Rakshas has been protective of Griffith in the past, and he's consistently operated as a kind of shadow protector/enforcer. So, given that and Griffith raising his hand at Locus, it sure seems to me like he's acting of his own accord.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Title is something like "A guest of death at dusk".

As Griffith watches Rickert go off, he tells Charlotte, Sonia and Mule "it seems I've been rejected." Locus crushes a balcony in anger while Silat spies on the scene from outside of the building. Back to his quarters with Luca and the others, Rickert is fixing stuff up as usual. Among other things, he tinkers a machine to extinguish fires for someone from a sort of Youth Militia, youngsters who aren't soldiers but act as helpful citizens when the need arises.

Rickert is impressed that there are many technological advances in Falconia. Waterways, bathing places, public toilets, roads... He reflects on the fact that "if this city is the city of legend, the advances of civilization and technology are at the top, better than any other country". Luca tells him "But you're the one who's great because you revive them! Because you're so good with your ability, you can find a good job. Especially in this city, where artisans are in high demand. Not to mention that you're also an ex-member of the Band of the Falcon".

The girls comment on the fact he's got a connexion to Griffith and might be a friend of his. They try to seduce him, but Erica is pissed off and repels them. Rickert comments: "But... I can't stay here."
Luca asks him what happened, and he tells them that he hit Griffith. Luca comments that it's not a thing he can tell others. The girls immediately change their attitudes upon learning what happened, telling him to please forget their earlier talk.

Luca tries to downplay it, saying "it's a thing between men, and between comrades in arms... It's common to fight..."
Rickert replies that it's rather, because he was a comrade...
Rickert thinks to himself: "if this city has been built on the cemetery of my comrade in arms, I can't stay here comfortably, even if this is a utopia."
Luca keeps it real: "Well, it's between men. But what will you do with this girl? Take her with you again, in the wilderness where monsters appear?"
Erica: "I...will definitely follow him, he's my family."

Luca gets into a grand speech: "In life, sometimes you get somebody precious. But whether it's somebody who is with you or somebody who already left you, somebody close or somebody who walked away from you... No matter what you choose, there's always regret. But at least you shouldn't make excuses to yourself."

The girls are fawning: "Ah you are great Luca. Don't you regret about Jerome?"
Luca: "His wife is too fierce. I couldn't fool her, and I'm not that type of woman."

Another girl who'd been working all the while: "Hey you lazy people, come and help us."
Luca to Rickert: "You don't have to hurry, think on it well."
Daiba: "Being young is good."

Rickert, upon seeing the scale of things in Falconia: "It's huge... This energy... All the people here are so intent on things. Everybody is committed and driven. I think whoever lives in this city will be like them. This is falconia, the city of Griffith."

He's thinking about what Luca said to him... Then comments to himself, facing the city: "Family... I also had one..."

Someone replies :rakshas: : "Ah, that's too bad..."
Rickert: "Darkness?"
Rakshas: "Separation with your family, it's so hard and lonely, but you don't have to worry."
Rakshas: "Even if you disappear, your family will be taken good care of under the protection of the Falcon in this city."
Rakshas: "Your family will live without any problem."
Rakshas: "So, please go without having any regrets."

Silat: "Is it the order of the Falcon himself, or is it a trick of that knight, Locus or whatever? Anyway, that boy seems to know the secret of the Falcon..."

Top Bottom