Episode 338

Fair enough.

I forgot one important detail : The slap occured at a specific place in Falconia where usely, no regular citizens are allow, so no witness, only apostles around.

So you right guys. Apologies :serpico:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Anyway, am I the only one excited at the prospect of seeing Silat pull out the Urumis next episode? We can see the handle of one jutting out from his back in the last panel. He gon' shred dat cloak to bits! (or not :rakshas: )

Now that you mentioned it, I'd like to see that! Been a loooong time since we've seen the Urumis!

ryOtoha said:
Do you think Rakshas could have succeed if the Bakiraka didn't choose to intervene ? I supposed Zodd would ?

I don't think Rakshas would have had any trouble killing an unarmed and alone Rickert via sneak attack had Silat and his crew not stopped him. Not sure what Zodd has to do with anything. Griffith either ordered the hit on Rickert or did nothing at all to prevent it or protect him so I really think Rickert will leave Falconia. Now he not only has his own emotional hang ups about living there but at least one masked monster willing to murder him, time to go I think.

Aazealh said:
Hello there! :serpico:

Well you certainly are selling Silat short here. We've seen him fight before, and I don't think you should underestimate his skills. There is a reason the Tapasa answer to him, and he is among the few people to have ever survived a fight agaisnt Guts. Besides that, if a rapid escape were to be attempted, the best way to go about it would be for one of the Tapasa to carry Rickert around, something I don't believe Silat could do as effectively.

I think they've clearly learned from their past encounters, although this also shows the benefit of getting the drop on someone.

All those are valid points, and just to reiterate what I've said before in the thread, I don't think a fully-fledged battle is going to take place here. I believe there will be a skirmish which the Bakiraka will be on the losing side of (and that may involve a casualty), and then it can go two ways. Either they manage a tactical retreat, or the fight is interrupted somehow.

Hello Esper and welcome!

Well, episode 334 did end with Rickert looking over the city at night, and nothing special was happening then. Now, I don't know what you're expecting exactly, but I'm not sure "great secrets of the Falcon" will necessarily be revealed simply through night-time shots. I do believe we'll eventually see some shady business occurring in Falconia though, but I'm not expecting too much of that from the next episode, given that it already has a lot on its plate. We'll see!
Ken said:
Hello there Zenki! the whole situation can go down in many different ways, Rakshas came in expecting to get a quick clean kill but Silat and the Tapasa interfered, he wasn't anticipating that. not really sure how smart it is if they decide to go all out on a fight thought in day time, before Rickert turned around you could see alot of people walking in the city going on about their day, and since falconia is the only truly safe place left for humans at this point a fight breaking out like that would make them speculate about their safety in this place. i wonder if rakshas is gonna take that into account (probably doesn't care). the fight of course could pretty much still take place despite that. Silat and the tapasa are very skilled as well i wouldn't want to underestimate them. we'll see, the hype for the next episode is insanely high and predicting what's going to happen is pretty hard because it can go down in many different ways :rakshas:

Hey guys. :badbone:

Very good executed points you've established on what I've said. I don't mean to underestimate Silat, as you do bring up the point of how skilled he was. Even Casca was at the point of dying to him , in her prime. However, I don't want to underestimate Rakshas either. In a basic observation of him, he has been known to be creepily agile, and also had displayed illusionary type of combat to confuse the elephants in the Kushan sieging the Holy See (don't know if I spelled that place right) land. Its been said here numerous times here, but he is quite the unknown when it comes to his actual fighting prowess, and what true onset of abilities he carries, alas not to forget to mention his true apostle form. All of this, or maybe a portion of these wonders will probably be explained in 339 hopefully, because as you guys have said, the Tapasa is not a force to be easily underestimated , they made it this far, and survived the demonic shifts that consumed their world through either sheer skill or cunning, which is still skill at the end of the day :isidro:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zenki said:
However, I don't want to underestimate Rakshas either. In a basic observation of him, he has been known to be creepily agile, and also had displayed illusionary type of combat to confuse the elephants in the Kushan sieging the Holy See (don't know if I spelled that place right) land.

No one is underestimating Rakshas here. No one expects him to be defeated by the Bakiraka.
That aside, the Kushans were besieging Vritannis, which is not the Holy See itself. And Rakshas didn't use "illusions" to madden the elephants, he used poison darts.

Zenki said:
Its been said here numerous times here, but he is quite the unknown when it comes to his actual fighting prowess, and what true onset of abilities he carries, alas not to forget to mention his true apostle form.

He was originally a member of the Bakiraka, and Silat and the Tapasa have encountered him twice before. Their experience with him led to what happened in this episode.

Aazealh said:
Well, episode 334 did end with Rickert looking over the city at night, and nothing special was happening then.

True, though that night was the night before main stuff happens, while this one is the repercussions night. We only got a single panoramic panel then, and I meant that IMO this current one will play a visually important role considering the situation. That + Falconia setting gets me really hyped, I have no idea why so much. :ubik:

Aazealh said:
Now, I don't know what you're expecting exactly, but I'm not sure "great secrets of the Falcon" will necessarily be revealed simply through night-time shots.

I meant that anti-falcon group may oficially establish this night with Rickert putting all the cards on table. Also, my hope is that this night may be the same full moon night we saw on Guts' side. Based solely on the preview panel we got, though moon there lacks branches, so what do I know? We lack solid answer.

Aazealh said:
I do believe we'll eventually see some shady business occurring in Falconia though, but I'm not expecting too much of that from the next episode, given that it already has a lot on its plate. We'll see!

Miura can pack a lot in a single episode, so the fight may take anywhere from half of the next episode to more than 3 of them. However I expect Rickert to make up his mind about staying or leaving by the next day. Again, playing with (or cleverly using) day/night cycle.

Wesker90

Berserk devoted
I wonder what are the really ambitions of Rakshas...

Maybe he want to become the new god?

Movies and tv series has teached us that this kind of mysterious and ambiguous characters have always great plans in their mind.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Esper said:
True, though that night was the night before main stuff happens, while this one is the repercussions night.

My point was just that we've already seen the city at night, and it looked uneventful.

Esper said:
I meant that anti-falcon group may oficially establish this night with Rickert putting all the cards on table.

Ah, I see. Your previous post sounded like you meant actual secrets would be revealed to the reader from witnessing nightly events.

Esper said:
Also, my hope is that this night may be the same full moon night we saw on Guts' side. Based solely on the preview panel we got, though moon there lacks branches, so what do I know? We lack solid answer.

I guess it's possible, but I don't think it would matter much if this was the exact same night. However I do think it could be only a couple of days later, assuming the transition between characters wasn't accompanied by a time gap. The moon would be waning, but still looking pretty round. As for branches, it's not just the moon, the whole sky lacks them, as well as stars (compare to the night shot of episode 332).

Esper said:
Miura can pack a lot in a single episode, so the fight may take anywhere from half of the next episode to more than 3 of them.

I really don't see this taking up more than one episode. At most it could end at the beginning of 340.

Wesker90 said:
I wonder what are the really ambitions of Rakshas...

Maybe he want to become the new god? Movies and tv series has teached us that this kind of mysterious and ambiguous characters have always great plans in their mind.

Get out of here. :rickert:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ryOtoha said:
Thanks ! I suppose there's a fair chance that one of the Tapasa won't survive against Rakshas ?
Totally possible, but it would be a sad day to break up that group of four before we've seen them test their limits. :judo:

Walter said:
it would be a sad day to break up that group of four before we've seen them test their limits.

Don't you think Rakshas as a formidable foe could do just that ? :carcus:

In the mean time, it'd be great to learn even a little more about those mysterious Tapasa's symbols.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ryOtoha said:
Don't you think Rakshas as a formidable foe could do just that ? :carcus:

Well, while it could indeed happen in 339, I meant that it's sad to think that we're already talking about their deaths, before we even see their potential as warriors.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ryOtoha said:
In the mean time, it'd be great to learn even a little more about those mysterious Tapasa's symbols.

There's nothing particularly mysterious about them; they're variations of tilaka, Hindu body markings. Additionally they're convenient to help the reader differentiate the Tapasa from each other.

Walter said:
Well, while it could indeed happen in 339, I meant that it's sad to think that we're already talking about their deaths, before we even see their potential as warriors.

Oh, i agree. And it would be neat to see Guts fight (maybe alongside ?) them in the near future.

Aazealh said:
There's nothing particularly mysterious about them; they're variations of tilaka, Hindu body markings. Additionally they're convenient to help the reader differentiate the Tapasa from each other.

Thanks for those details man.

Aazealh said:
In the near future? Really?

Actually i was trying to express in english the plausability of this idea. I don't know what are the correct term to use though.

But yeah, with Guts & co travelling far away from Falconia and the Bakiraka, it's not gonna happen anytime soon. At least not until everybody's ready to pay a visit to Griffith :void:

the digital version of of YA number 15 that contains berserk 338 appears to be up. also on the page that advertises this issue their appears to be a link to digitally view a YA issue or special or something that contains the original first act of berserk with some colour pages as well as a crapload of other manga the link to the page advertising the issue 15 of YA is here

http://www.hakusensha-e.net/m_eanimal?#

and in the digital issue/special that has a link on this page the first episode of berserk starts on page 681
keep in mind this is all from a guy cannot read or speak any Japanese so if I'm missing something feel free to correct me

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
puppet12ca said:
the digital version of of YA number 15 that contains berserk 338 appears to be up.

Yes, it has been up for 3 days, as I indicated in this thread at the time.

puppet12ca said:
also on the page that advertises this issue their appears to be a link to digitally view a YA issue or special or something that contains the original first act of berserk with some colour pages as well as a crapload of other manga the link to the page advertising the issue 15 of YA is here

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but you can buy the "special edition" (larger volumes of a cheaper quality) that contains the color pictures here. Those have been out for some years now.

Aazealh said:
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but you can buy the "special edition" (larger volumes of a cheaper quality) that contains the color pictures here. Those have been out for some years now.

on the page I posted scroll down to a red link under a picture of a YA related cover using the same cover art as volume 29 of berserk this is right next to a picture of another manga magazine cover above a blue link. now the red link appears to allow you to view this issue/special on the site for free complete with the first act of berserk with colour pages starting at page 681

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
puppet12ca said:
on the page I posted scroll down to a red link under a picture of a YA related cover using the same cover art as volume 29 of berserk this is right next to a picture of another manga magazine cover above a blue link. now the red link appears to allow you to view this issue/special on the site for free complete with the first act of berserk with colour pages starting at page 681

Oh yeah, that's also nothing new. If you're interested you can also check out some other color pages in the previews for the special editions I linked to.

Aazealh said:
Oh yeah, that's also nothing new. If you're interested you can also check out some other color pages in the previews for the special editions I linked to.

yeah I think I remember those from back when the colour pages were first posted here to show the acts being made available digitally if I recall correctly. I gotta admit though I'm a little curious what that issue/special whatever posted on the YA page was?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
puppet12ca said:
I gotta admit though I'm a little curious what that issue/special whatever posted on the YA page was?

It's nothing more than a free sample to show people the series published in Young Animal.

Top Bottom