Metal Gear Rising's director says "I want to make KilllaKill or Berserk"

Someone told him on twitter please make a Gatchaman and a KARAS game next and he replies i want to make the KilllaKill or Berserk
source: https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/619377368101093377

(I didnt know where to post this, and i dont know if someone post it already)

PS: i dont think this is gonna end up being something or anything, i just thought i could mention it

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah the news has been making the rounds, and RaffoBaffo posted it yesterday in Current Episodes:

RaffoBaffo said:
Meanwhile, Kenji Saito [Platinum Games]:
https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/619377368101093377?s=04

Obviously nothing official, only a personal desire of Saito.
Still...

Like you said, it's cool and all but at this point it doesn't amount to much.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bam555eld said:
okey, sorry for the flood then, i dont know how to delete the post

Nah it's cool don't worry, it can exist in two places. Besides it's not really at its place in Current Eps.

Even having interest in making a berserk game is pretty exciting to me. My first encounter with the series was Guts Rage on dreamcast and back then it drew enough attention for people in my jr. High school to chatter about. I had no idea it was anything other than a fun game. Sure would be nice to play as guts again with a game I can understand and read, unlike my japanese ps2. :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
bam555eld said:
Someone told him on twitter please make a Gatchaman and a KARAS game next and he replies i want to make the KilllaKill or Berserk

On first blush, I think Platinum would be a good fit for Berserk, but of course it really depends on the kind of game they aim to make.

They've taken on a few modern, licensed works with (mostly) admirable results, and have carved out a niche for themselves in the industry as the modern overseers of the hack-and-slash genre, which Berserk has fit comfortably in the past. Of course, if this were to become a reality, I hope they'd do something special with the Berserk license, and not merely adapt it for MGR's engine, like they apparently have done for that new Transformers game.

Salem said:
I had no idea it was anything other than a fun game.

Really? That's kind of neat. I thought they were pretty over-the-top with their manga references in that game, from the flawed glossary to the hilarious, dramatic narration during the introduction (A SWORD OF RETRIBUTION).

I feel like one of these days we should do a Berserk game podcast, but that would require all three of us to replay (or at least review) them.

Oh man, I would love to hear that. Been considering picking up a dreamcast for that game alone. I played it last after I watched the anime for the first time but no longer have it. Haven't played it since I actually read the manga, let alone collected all the volumes. I distinctly remember mashing the Dragon Slayer in tight hallways getting a little frustrated.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Salem said:
I distinctly remember mashing the Dragon Slayer in tight hallways getting a little frustrated.

That sadly constituted most of the game's difficulty.

Top Bottom